UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Sunny but very chill here today. Have to be up and out early tomorrow. Owners of house are meeting man with JCB who is going to dig 2 separate trial holes each 3 metres square and 3 metres deep to see if there is bedrock. This is for foundations of new house which will replace this one. It seems a good idea to be somewhere else as Wispa will not be happy watching a huge noisy beastie digging up her play area. The beastie will be filling in the holes before it leaves and all the fencing will be replaced.

Kinky must have got out through the cat flap which I thought I'd blocked up. Rang neighbour to see if she was there, which she was. I said I was coming to get her. He said she was okay there. I said again that I was coming to get her. Got there, picked her up in the living room and his wife didn't even look at me, which is unlike her. Obviously she's got the hump with me :rolleyes: Ask me if I give a shite :rolleyes: The bloke did sort of apologise because he obviously realises that he won't get to see her any more if things don't change. I told him she is on medication which she has to have every teatime so had to come home.

• Like 1

Well, OH didn't take long to make up his mind...ordered a Galaxy tab from John Lewis on their click and collect yesterday afternoon, and we drove over to Halfway and caught the tram into Sheffield and picked it up today! Now he's having fun working out which apps he wants and which he doesnt, in between playing the new Angry Birds star wars, PIngu he agrees, its epic!

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

My Samsung tablet has died on me :mad: Not only that but it's now reduced to £238 in Argos, but I can't find it in stock anywhere, even going further afield so even if I take it back I won't be able to buy it at the cheaper price. I've just ordered one from John Lewis instead, but the problem is that I bought the Argos one with a gift card that I loaded up with the money (cos I get an 8% discount through a work rewards scheme) and I can't get a refund on that. I am going to have to keep an eye on Argos and check regularly to see if they come back into stock (fingers crossed). Hopefully it'll be cos they've been busy over the weekend. If that happens I can send the JL one back. If not then I'm stuck with £300 on an Argos card that I can't get a refund on.

I have just typed a message here have buddy lost it! So's I will try again laters cos I have to walk Jack Daniel and go to work now. I seriously need a new laptop - the space bar comes off!! - or a new chair for my desk cos it broke and is stuck on low now - I could be typing this with my chin!!!

Have a good day y'all!!!

:)

Its definitely Monday and if the rest of the week carries on like this its going to be crap. Woken this morning from a deep sleep by Rob yelling my name over and over came to with a heck of a jolt, rushed out to find him hanging onto the conservatory door which he had completely pulled off the rail when he opened it to let Nog out, somehow he'd managed to bend the hinges so it took both of us to get the damned thing back and closed. Rang the insurance company and thankfully we are covered for accidental damage so someones going to be ringing me this morning to arrange to come out and see if it can be fixed. On top of that the boiler engineer last week has done something to the radiator in the conservatory so that it is stone cold - so I've had to ring them to get them to come back and fix it tomorrow and they only make "all day" appointments so my plans for tomorrow have gone up the spout. Thirdly my brother can't make the 2nd auction on Wednesday now and my MIL "forgot" she had arranged to go with me and has now promised to take my nephew to the dentists in Brecon so I have no one to go with. My fall back plan had been to go to the auction house tomorrow and view the things I want to see and then watch the auction online on Wednesday, but now the gasman is coming I can't do that either. I'm supposed to be having my contact lens check up this afternoon and if I don't have that done before the 28th then they'll stop sending me my contact lenses and I won't be able to see but I may have to cancel it if the insurance window guys are intending to come this afternoon. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Steph - I may just have to :flowers:

RMRant: Bloody Virgin Media. I gave them 30 days notice on 8th September to cancel my television, broadband and telephone. It appears that they have fecked up and not cancelled the phone. I rang them to see where my partial refund was, only to find out that they are still taking money OUT of my account (the only reason I left the DD in place was to receive the refund). The bloke I spoke to, who I couldn't understand a word he was saying because his accent was quite bad and he spoke really fast, didn't have a clue and kept having to ask someone what was going on. He admitted eventually that they had made a mistake, but couldn't tell me exactly how much I was going to be refunded, then I got bloody cut off. I have fired off an email to them in the hope of getting it sorted, but am about to cancel my DD forthwith. Grrrr :mad:

Alex you are not having much luck with things at the moment. I hope things turn around for you. How's Kinky?

Bloody hell Snow! Maybe the gas man will earlier rather than later and give you time to go the auction viewing.

It's raining here - again :( I'd rather have frosty cold days with nice blue skies. Anyone got any of those?

Alex I found the best way to get any sense out of Virgin and get things done properly and quickly was to use their online complaints forum, when mum had all her problems with them I used it on 2 different occasions and had something done within hours.

Flipping heck I feel a bit like I've just been mugged, had a phone call from the firm the insurance have asked to come look at the damage to the door, they wanted the £200 excess paid over the phone right now before they'd make the appointment! So I've done that and they'll be here this morning, apparently if the insurance company deny the claim for any reason we get the excess back .... not sure how that works as I've paid this firm direct not the insurance company ...