UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Love that clip, Pingu.

JCB & driver have dig holes, filled in and gone away. It's dull, cold and freezing here. Wispa didn't mind the JCB, she was ok when she saw me through the window talking with the driver. She seems more perturbed that all her special holes which she has dug have been filled in, as they were where the sample holes were made and all the ground there is flat and tidy now..

Alex I found the best way to get any sense out of Virgin and get things done properly and quickly was to use their online complaints forum, when mum had all her problems with them I used it on 2 different occasions and had something done within hours.

It's the same team I sent it to, only I've been a bit sneaky and used the email they used to confirm the response, hence I just email them direct instead of completing the form :flowers:

Alex you are not having much luck with things at the moment. I hope things turn around for you. How's Kinky?

It's raining here - again :( I'd rather have frosty cold days with nice blue skies. Anyone got any of those?

Kinky seems find thanks. She's off down to her second home at the moment and I shall collect her later :rolleyes:

No frosty cold here, just damp and soggy.

Alex, we had the same thing when we cancelled our broadband with virgin, we didn't notice for a few months and only then because my mum had cancelled the DD they sent a threatening letter demanding the money....... we have a catalogue of emails from them confirming the cancellation of the broadband, after about the 6th phone call she got somebody with a brain and they sorted it out, however they were unable to give us a refund??? we were left about £60 out of pocket so in effect we had been paying 2 companies for one service, hope you get it sorted out.

that paralysed dog walking again is terrific!!!

Mines getting crapper .... surveyor has just been and ruled it fair wear and tear due to the age of the conservatory etc. worse than that, there is no way to replace just the door, ordinarily you'd maybe be able to replace just the 2 door panels but not in this case as the whole left side of the conservatory is one entire piece! If that wasn't bad enough they no longer make conservatory or doors/windows at 60mm which ours is nowadays its all 70mm which means either a very bodged job trying to just replace 1 side and hes not sure that it could even be done, he thinks we would have to be looking at an entirely new conservatory and the insurance won't cover that!! So the door is now closed and sealed and we shan't be using it very often (If at ALL) - it does open & close as the guy was kind enough to put it all back on the rails etc but he says its risking it coming off every time we use it. Thank goodness we have another "back door" through my office but it does now mean Nog will be in and out onto the carpets.

Snow, i don't know if you have any near where you are but we have quite a few window manufacturers here who will make what you want...... before you get a whole new conservatory it may be worth getting in touch with a window/door manufacturer (most do conservatorys now) and asking them to take a look.

edit...... have a look at ebay Snow... i just popped in google 60mm conservatory doors and it lead me to ebay ... don't know if they will be suitable for you but worth a nosy

Jazz, do you have the ladies number to call and see if she is coming.... at least then you are waiting on only one thing.... and i bet they come at the last minute with your parcel (thats what happens to me)

Edited by griff

the parcel is here. the nice man said if its a small parcel it will be him, so it will be about this time. thats good to know

I havent got the ladys number, dont know why she hasnt rung me

my conservatory needs pulling down and starting again, not cheap

I agree with you all that I cannot for the life of me think that I have to replace the entire conservatory just because the ruddy door is broken - its mind boggling!! Heres the problem though Rob believes the conservatory was custom made by a local builder to my fathers specifications, it is a BIG conservatory, the broken door is one of those stupid tilt and turn ones so you have a multiway handle to open it and depending on what way you have the handle decides if the door just tilts backwards or comes back towards you and then slides across the next full length glass panel.

You can see the door and that side of the conservatory in this photo

062.jpg

What the guy said was that the entire side is one single unit, the window, the full length pane and the door all in one single frame so you can't just replace the 2 full length panes with a sliding door or french doors, ok I get that, what I don't understand is if theres no door in the door bit why cant another type of door be fitted in that gap and hinges just screwed into either the frame or even onto the wall on the inside as thats the solid external wall of the house.

It sounds like it's a window that has been turned into a door! Why would you otherwise have a tilt and turn door? It's much easier to see what the problem is with the aid of a photo. I hope you do come up with a solution Snow as it's obviously a very handy door to let Nog in and out.

Can you contact the builder who built it originally?

Alternatively, a local window/door maker should be able to do it.

When we had an extension built on our house the builder had to go to a window maker to get windows made to match the exisisting ones as the style was no longer available ready made.

There are hits on Google for 60 mm tilt and turn doors.