UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Thats it exactly Marion, the flooring in there is astro turf so I don't have to worry about muddy feet lol plus we can just stand in there and watch him when he goes out, whereas from my office door he disappears behind the conservatory and when he comes in its straight onto my carpet.

Oh flipping heck I now know why I got some very odd looks when I was shopping this afternoon, and why everything seemed to be a bit of a strange colour ... when I had my contact lens check up she put orange drops in my eyes, of course I had to put my lens back in so I could drive home, it seems that I must have still had the drops in my eye as it has dyed my contact lens a very bright neon yellow!!!! I looked like a flipping werewolf!! I've cleaned and cleaned the lens but it won't come off so I've had to chuck it out and put a new one in - thank goodness I had a couple of spares.

• Like 4

Oh snow - my son once paid a fortune for contacts like that!!! :)

I was making lots of comments this morning and can't remember any of them now but I hope everyones breaky bits have a quick and easy solution.

I went to see David Essex on Saturday - he was brill. My friend didn't come so I rang a friend that I have known all my life (except the one month before she was born) who lives near my Dad so she came with me and I stayed at my Dad's overnight and had a lovely day in Southport with Dad and Stepmom yesterday. I was going to buy a little DE keepsake for my friend that didn't come but there wasn't any merchandise on sale. I spoke to someone with a Rock Tour 2012 carrier and apparently you could book backstage passes through his website to have your piccie taken with him and have the opportunity to get some goodies - for £25 each!!! Phwar - even if I'd known about it that's nearly as much as the ticket!! It did put me off him a little bit.......

Merle - my daughter and her fella saw Breaking Dawn on Saturday and thought it was amazing! I am catching up on the saga via their DVDs but have just discovered The Vampire Diaries on the tele and think I may prefer that...( no drippy woman.... :) ).

Pingu I have a HTC Desire and love it but I am with O2 which has just about no signal around here so don't use my phone for much other than texts and piccies and reading my book via google books so the battery doesn't have any excuse to run down cos I plug it in every night. Looking forward to next year when I can change to a decent provider and maybe a Samsung ....

xx

It's one thing I really couldn't do, Yantan - I prefer to worship from affair!!! David Bowie is the man for me but I couldn't bear to meet him in the flesh cos I would just be a dumpy, grey haired lady of a certain age to him - and he may have smellly breath!!! (I don't think so!!) :) x

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

I'm going to take the Samsung back to Argos at Birchwood in my lunch hour. I've checked again this morning and it's now available online for home delivery. You can't use a gift card for online ordering, but you can go into Argos and order it from there for home delivery, so that's what I'll do. I'll need to get the money refunded onto my Argos Gift card first so am hoping it will be instantaneous but if not then I'll have to go back. I have a backup plan in that I've found one at Hulme in stock, so have reserved that until close of play Wednesday. I can always re-reserve it on Thursday first thing if the money is not back on my card by then and assuming it's no longer available for home delivery. WHAT A BLOODY PALAVER! :rolleyes:

Welcome back Albert :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

:wavey: Hi Moonboots :biggrin:

:laugh: at Snow - I usually warn people that their contact lenses will be yellow - some lenses don't absorb the dye, but some do :)

Need to do my Tesco big shop today - joy. Also thinking about taking Charlie to the vets - he has started peeing in the kitchen, and he has a little fatty lump by his dinky zoo. Just wondering if that is putting pressure on his bladder and affecting his ability to hold his wee as well as he used to be able to :(

Rant alert!!

In the great elf service restructure my post will not change. However 'they' have offered me a choice of 8 admin posts across Cumbria - when only a very small part of my role is admin and minute taking - and offered my job to two job share folks who are at the moment based 20 miles away. My boss is in tears and another of my team keeps hugging me with tears in her eyes. I had to come home early cos I'm always the happy one and couldn't crumble!! I can and will appeal. They have generously given us until 10am Thursday to accept a role or lodge an appeal. Feckerty feck feck feck.

I thank you for listening.

On another note the father of my friend who couldn't come to Blackpool has been moved into HDU today. He will probably not leave it in this lifetime. Peaceful passing thoughts for him and strength for my friend please. Puts my rant into perspective doesn't it?

Loo, sorry to hear about your job worries, managers can be so bl**dy thick sometimes and very sorry to hear of your friends dads illness

Yay for uncle alberts arrival

Lol snow i did the same thing coming from the eye hospital...minus the contact lens... i did however have it running down my nose which was very fetching

Merledogs hope you got your tablet switched

Mooandboo, welcome back!!!!!

Gooster, hope you got your shopping done and that charlie is o.k

bl**dy neighbours have been at it again.... about 6 trees cut down and upon questioning the company a pack of lies had been told..... well what goes around comes around :D