UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Griff we can't use the diffusers as Ruby reacts badly to them for some reason! I can ask my neighbour if she will knit another one for Diez but I doubt she could get it ready for me to send to you prior to Bonfire night. She's taking her grandchildren on holiday next week and is rushing to finish Archie's before she goes.

thanks that is a kind offer.... i am hoping i can blag my mums workmate into doing it for me, just looked on ebay and i thought oooo there is one for £4....... it is just for the pattern which is free online anyway! i have heard that the diffusers can give people migraines and make them feel under the weather

OMG! Our Kiwi visitor has sent a text to Ruby

Hi Ruby, phone is broken. do you want to met for dinner tonight. we could met at Moot Hall say around 6 o'clock if that is ok the hostel wants to charge me £26.50 to stay on friday night so can i please stay with you. I know it will be inconvenient for Marion but i can't afford to stay at the hostel. I will check back in later today for a reply. thanks

I can't believe the feckin' cheek!

Who in hell travels thousands of miles from home with not enough money to pay their way? Especially at the age of 50. She already owes Ruby £20 and no doubt would leave her with the tab for the dinner she suggests if Ruby were to go (she's not.)

edited to change font size!

How does she pay her travelling costs if she's so skint? Tell her not to spend money on dinner, but spend it on her accommodation instead. What was Ruby's response?

Griff - sorry to hear you've got to have more chemo :GroupHug:

Meeting went okay and we've had a right laugh in work today, to the point where I nearly wee'd myself a couple of times.

RMF : I'm 'on' at the moment and I think it's the heaviest I've ever had, it's awful.

:GroupHug: Griff

Marion, I can't believe the cheek! She needs to jog on!

Social services have been today and caused all kinds of chaos! I knew they would, ticking all their boxes and not listening to my Mother or the family. I have an awful feeling I'm going to end up caring for her again and I really don't want to! I've finally starting getting over breaking up with the GF and I've starting seeing a nice guy but I don't see it going anywhere if I have all that baggage to carry :sad:

• Like 1

erm she is a staffy Karen, but she has a small head for a staff

Kittycat, sorry social services have caused issues, you are only here once and life is too short, i think you should be able to make it plain to SS that you won't be taking on the caring role again and don't feel bad about it, you need time for you

merledogs, hope you soon settle down. time of the month can be awful

thanks that is a kind offer.... i am hoping i can blag my mums workmate into doing it for me, just looked on ebay and i thought oooo there is one for £4....... it is just for the pattern which is free online anyway! i have heard that the diffusers can give people migraines and make them feel under the weather

You can buy a ready made one from here http://www.barkitty....easonal_1.shtml but they are a whopping £19!!!

How does she pay her travelling costs if she's so skint? Tell her not to spend money on dinner, but spend it on her accommodation instead. What was Ruby's response?

Ruby said she couldn't make dinner tonight as she was going out. She told Tricia, the Kiwi, the money she would have spent on the dinner would go towards the cost of Friday night accommodation - LOL! She also told her that she couldn't stay because it causes us great inconvenience, particularly in view of the fact we don't have a spare bedroom. She also asked if she hadn't got paid yesterday after all and in any case did she not have a credit card she could use to pay her way.

Tricia's sponged off a whole load of people since she got here Alex. Last week she spent a full week dossing at someone's house in Peterlee, which is a new town and not exactly scenic or in a part of the country where there is interesting stuff to do. She mostly sat around their house the whole time she was there. She was only supposed to stay 2 nights there but actually managed to turn that into a 4 night stay before heading up to Edinburgh to look an elderly cousin of her mother's up. She turned up on that lady's doorstop without having made any prior contact and was told to go away. Good for that old lady being on her guard and not letting a stranger into her house. She then phoned the people back in Peterlee and asked to go back! They agreed and I don't know if they were happy or not about it but Ruby will find out this weekend at the work reunion as they plan to be there. The woman was coming over this way last Saturday and brought Tricia over for free.

What I didn't know until tonight is that she had asked Ruby last Saturday afternoon (just after she got here) if she could stay longer than the two nights we'd arranged! Originally we'd agreed to one night which she then asked to turn into two. And then she had the brass neck to try and make it longer still! She got full board here and barely said thank you when she left. She never offered to give a hand in the kitchen when meals were being prepared or offered to do the washing up or anything else. Neither did she come with a small offering in hand or anything. Recently we had a couple of old pals round for dinner and they brought a beautiful orchid in a lovely ceramic pot as a thank you - and they were only here a few hours!

I'm gobsmacked at the bloody cheek of it all.

• Like 1

erm she is a staffy Karen, but she has a small head for a staff

Kittycat, sorry social services have caused issues, you are only here once and life is too short, i think you should be able to make it plain to SS that you won't be taking on the caring role again and don't feel bad about it, you need time for you

merledogs, hope you soon settle down. time of the month can be awful

Not sure how much of their forum Lurcher SOS make public, but you might be able to see the knitted balaclava things here Griff http://lurchersos.pr...lay&thread=6541

or if not this is a sample picture! Edited to add that I'll happily order you one if you can't get access to the forum. 053.jpg

Edited by Karen
  • Like 3

Evening

That rocket will do me a treat Marion. Can you wrap it up and send in post please.

As for Kiwi person. She is a bum plain and simple using everyone she comes into contact with. Wouldn't be surprised if she isn't skint at all.

Griff sorry you have to undergo more chemotherapy.

Steph pleased to hear you're coming out the other side re GF and you start putting yourself first for a bit. You've done your share of looking after your mum despite everything. Now someone else needs to take up the reins and support/care for her.

Claz have a fab hols.