UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Morning everyone.

I am writing this without the aid of my specs and can only see a blurred screen. I am hoping my touch typing skills will keep me right!

Aw Loo I was looking forward to getting my snow. Never mind! Thanks for trying! LOL

Loobie that was very caring of people to come out and raise funds for the victims.

Alex I saw what you did with my post - I'll getcha back! LOL

Snow that cold thing is going around up here too. I am trying to stay out of the way of it but Ruby is working amongst it so it's sod's law she'll bring it home.

Marge I hope you have a great time at the country park and will look forward to a report :)

Right I must go and have my shower and get dressed - I only came down to take my meds but as I was passing the PC to go back upstairs it started imploring me to use it. Feckin thing. It knows I prefer to be showered and dressed and have completed all my little morning jobs before I sit down in front of it.

• Like 1

Archie does very well on Wagg chicken supreme. He's been on it most of his life and it's the only food he will really eat. It took us quite a while to find something that suited him and that he liked the taste of. He would get hyper on some of the other better foods. The vet always comments on his superb fitness and form.

Right I must go and have my shower and get dressed - I only came down to take my meds but as I was passing the PC to go back upstairs it started imploring me to use it. Feckin thing. It knows I prefer to be showered and dressed and have completed all my little morning jobs before I sit down in front of it.

Mine does that too, aren't they dreadful!

All ready to go to Stoke to track epileptic mini dachs, just about to put Wispa in the car when the phone rang and he has been found :cheer: A dog walker caught him late last night and the little fella spent the night snuggled up with 8 friendly little dogs. So we will wrap up warm and have a nice walk instead, probably not on the moors where we went yesterday cos it did nearly freeze our ears off.

• Like 3

That's great news Owl :flowers:

Let's put it this way - if you're sitting in front of it & it's on full, you won't be sitting there for long. I tend to switch it on full for about 10-15 minutes, then turn it right down. It gives out an amazing amount of heat & being cast iron, it still gives out heat for about an hour after you switch it off. I love my Provence, it wasn't cheap, but it was worth every penny.

Fabulous! Thanks, now I shall treat myself to one for Christmas. It was just that I read somewhere that it didn't give out radiant heat like the one I've got currently and me n the dogs do like a nice gas fire to lie in front of :wub:

Morning..We're off to Melton Country park for a (mainly) Lab get together. Should be about 30 dogs!! Eeek.

Have a fab time :flowers:

Alex I saw what you did with my post - I'll getcha back! LOL

Who me? :whistle:

Loobie - how lovely of you :flowers:

RMF : 'Tis cold and sunny, much prefer that to the rain. We pootled around the field for ages this morning cos we didn't want to come home.

Today I am off to pick up my new huge Sharp combi oven from Asda (had it delivered there instead of home). Had the older model years ago and it eventually broke, but instead of having it fixed I stupidly bought a smaller one with some vouchers I had and it doesn't have enough space in. My proper oven hasn't worked for years, but I don't use it in any case cos a combi oven is much cheaper to run. The Sharp 40L one is big enough to do roast dinners and everything a normal oven does, but cheaper to run. I shall look forward to cooking Christmas dinner in it :)

RMQ : Does anyone know if Laura is still doing her fabulous dog collars? I am after some new ones for my lot and I'd rather the money went to a good cause.

Fabulous! Thanks, now I shall treat myself to one for Christmas. It was just that I read somewhere that it didn't give out radiant heat like the one I've got currently and me n the dogs do like a nice gas fire to lie in front of :wub:

The "coals" glow red when its on full, but I promise you, unless you are heating a huge room, you won't have it on full for very long. I must admit, I like to see the glowing coals, but it just gets too hot and its a waste of gas to have it on full just for appearance.

i hope everyone has a good weekend!

it is cold here but today diez is 12!!!!!!!!! i am sooooooooooooooooooo pleased, she has had a new meerkat toy, and new squeaky doughnut (which no longer squeaks!) and i am going to make her a rice pudding made with goats milk later on.

i *think* i may have discovered the tablet that is making me ill.... it is the co-trimoxazole which is my antibiotic, i have to have that so will have to put up with the sick feeling, at least i hopefully know what it is, will take it a bit later and see if i feel sick and then do the same for the next few days and if i am ok in the morning and ill after i take it at lunch then i will need to see my gp and see what we can do if anything.

In no particular order...to quote Tess Daly..

Happy Birthday Diez

Glad the little dog was found Owl

Have a lovely labby walk Hounds

A stove, Alex? no plants? :D

Griff, definitely see if they can change your antibiotics...several things the docs have given me have made me feel terribly sick, it's miserable.

My haemo doc was delighted with my platelet count yesterday, she said it was fantastic! I sheepishly admitted I'd cut down on the tablets as the side effects were getting me down, and I'm taking ibuprofen for my painful hands and she's happily agreed to cut my chemo tablets down to one a day instead of two :cheer: and said ok take the ibuprofen but as few as you can get away with and if you've taken them, then don't take the aspirin as together you will end up with bleeding in the stomach. Result!