UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

So glad your psychiatrist was lovely - the knowledge that you aren't going to be admitted to hospital must be a weight off your mind :GroupHug: :flowers:

Such sad news about Mistie and the cat :(

We usually take Charlie or Shara swimming on a Monday night, however my pet stop has closed down last week, am gutted for all staff involved, as they are all lovely. This unexpected freedom means I now have time to go to the gym tonight.

That's very encouraging news, Cheryl...hope it's as quick as he thinks.

Owl how devastating for Mistie's owners, and the owners of the poor cat too. I suppose the only good thing is that they now know what happened to Mistie and won't be left wondering about her for months or years. Any sign of the other lurcher who went missing around the same time in Chesterfield?

Now wondering if £50 was over the top or if that sounds like a reasonable price?

I don't know what gutter cleaning costs but was it worth £50 to you to get it done? If it was then that's all that matters.

We have trees all around us and have netting balled up to prevent the down pipe getting blocked.

My mother and sister were prone to migraines. I had them until I discovered Galaxy chocolate caused them.

Apparently cheese, chocolate and oranges are common causes of migraine.

Bejo, I am pleased to hear you are getting help and feeling good about it.

What a shame about the cat and Mistie.

We have sunshine at the moment but have had rain and hailstones as well today.

Gosh I turn my back for a couple of days and the place fills up!! How nice to see so many peeps on the forum! Hello to peeps I don't know :member9:

Phoebejo - big hugs

I used to suffer badly from migraines - until 'the change' :crying_anim02: Now I just get vision disturbances but thankfully not sickness or headache.

I agree with blackmagic, snow, if it was worth it to you then it was worth it!!

Rosie got two new tyres today (on the advice of the nice policeman who said they were legal - just!! ). Only £90 so I can eat for the rest of the month!!

Wedding frock shop tomorrow with Baby Girl and her mother-in-law to be! I'm sooo excited!!! :bigsmiley:

• Like 1

Today is pants. Not only did we have the bad news about Mistie, but my friend Jenny and Tiga the tracker beagle are recovering from an awful incident at the European CaniX championships at Cirencester. They did well in the individual event taking Bronze, which is remarkable as much bigger and faster dogs were running. But then in the relay event, another runner with a eurohound (gsp x sled dog) passed them with no problem, then suddenly the hound whipped round and grabbed Tiga's head in his mouth. During the ensuing struggle both Tiga and Jenny were dragged along the ground and injured. Nothing they won't recover from but they are very shocked. The relay was the last event, and once the UK team had worked out who the offending runner and dog were, that team had left the site and were on their way to leaving the country.

Suzeanna, no sightings of brindle whippet x greyhound Sally so far.

Evenin' So sorry about the lurcher and the cat, Owl, so very sad. And for your CaniX friends.

Cheryl, that's great news, hope it's lifted you a lot today :cheer:

The lady who owns Simba, the missing podenco x, was out all day yesterday but no new sightings. Today she got a call from a lady who saw a black dog just up the road from me, which is unlikely, a good 5 miles from the last sighting and through dense suburbia. So this afternoon/evening I have been driving around and accosting joggers/dog walkers, but no-one else has seen him, so I suspect it may have been an off-the-lead pet.

And totally off topic, I am itching to do some urban exploring. Oh to have a less sensible bloke :huh:

Am watching barking mad people on a dog walking type programme on BBC 2 - they make us dog owners look like loonies. Oh... :confused02:

Evening

So sorry to hear the awful news about Mistie and the cat. Very shocking for your friend and her dog too.

Cheryl pleased your meeting went well today. Small steps and all that. I imagine the chap will be able to manage to get you seen very quickly considering the circumstances.

Snow I don't think £50 is extortionate