UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Yay - for being asked out. I'd go to a pub for a drink, then if it goes well suggest dinner...if it doesn't escape home early!

Naughty shoes Alex! Glad you can work from home though.

The project I am working on is soooooooo disorganised it is scary.

One guy has travelled to Exeter (from London), he went yesterday for a meeting this morning, which means that half his work day was travelling and a hotel stay, to go over one process that. I am shocked by the excessive wastage of money as this seems to be common practice. Needless to say it's an electricity company I am working with...and we wonder why we pay so much.

Hope Mommy Owl feels better soon :-)

Jazz hope you are healing well

xxx

I managed to get mummy owl to wake up and have something to eat and a cuppa, then I found some late strawberries lurking in her garden which woke her up even more. I think she may have overdone it at day centre yesterday. We have an appointment with doctor on Monday for asthma review so will suggest he checks her out generally. Carer was right to draw attention to it, I have seen her go through sleepy days before but this carer hadn't.

Glad you ex-firm coughed up, Alex, I should think so too.

Get well soon Izzy and car.

Gooster, enjoy your date and also the fun you will have winding up both your mum and this mob here when they start pleading for info. Pub meal is a good start, but somewhere quietish so you can talk properly.

ooooo goodness Jazz, do keep an eye on that, it doesn't sound right to me but i am not a medic! i hope the pills work.

Owl glad your mum is o.k now and you are right, it is good that the carer mentioned something she was unsure of.

Murtle, i hope you can whip the disorganized rabble into shape!!

Evening

Scoobs kept us awake til 4.30 this morning so think I'll be sleeping well tonight. He needed to pass poop a few times and think he got a bit worried, probably remembering his diarrhoea episode of a couple of months ago so had to soothe him too. All is well today.

Gooster if you like the chap then go. You have nothing to lose

Hope Mummy Owl is feeling perkier tomorrow.

Hope your pain eases Marion

Not sure having a laptop on your knee is a good idea Jazz. Says she who knows from experience post op that actually it really isn't a good idea. Hope the swelling goes down quickly. Act with your gut. If you don't think something is right then get the doctor out.

Hope Izzie recovers quickly. Must be so hard trying to rest her

Pleased you finally were paid Alex but sorry the idiots still messed you around. Had to larf about the shoe incident. You do realise we won't forget that don't you. I remember going for a meeting at head office of a company quite a few years ago now in Lincolnshire. Took all my stuff to work as was going to set off when finished in the evening. Set off was on M62 close to home and thought I don't feel comfy driving in these shoes. Think I'll go home and put my trainers on. So I did. Shame is I forgot to bring work shoes back out with me so sat all day in suit and trainers. Mine didn't smell tho pulls tongues

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Jazz - take care of yourself missus :GroupHug:

Pleased Scoobs is better :flowers:

I am never gonna live down the smelly shoes now :rolleyes:

RMF : I may be a tad hung over cos I drank too much lager (for me) last night. I have a busy day as well, after I've walked the mutts I need to go to Costco and then food shopping too.

Is everyone having a lie in?

Had a nice walk with the mutts, although heart in mouth time when it started running towards us down the path, but it was only trying to get to its mates.

RMF : The dogs all have chews except Taffy, who has decided he doesn't want one today (most unlike him). Well he does, but he wants the one that Beau has, which is one left over from the other day when Beau didn't want one :huh:

Glad scoobs is O.k....... i am pleased to say i have never had a shoe incident (bet i will bl**dy have one now!!) one of the men i used to work with refused to wear his steel toe capped boots and used to wear trainers, he always wore black trainers and this one day i was looking at his feet and thought something didn't look right... on further inspection he had 2 odd trainers on!!! one was completely plain black with solid black soles and the other was completely black but with an air unit in the sole... best bit was they were slightly different heights so he was kind of limping!! when i pointed it out to him he had to go home to put a "pair" of shoes on and begged me not to tell anyone.... of course the second he was out of the workshop i told Everyone Lol

hope your head feels better soon Merledogs and that Taffy decides to eat his chew

ironing for me today....oh joy, got about 2 months worth to do as i have been putting it off since i was ill, alas i am running out of clothes so it can't be delayed any longer......... Boo!!!!!

Bluddy hell this cycling lark is hard work and now my car wont be ready for up to a week as they have to order in expensive part, have put a begging post on our local ecycle page to see if someones got a cheap scooter or runaround! . Izzie is silly as she hasnt been out at all and keeps running up to me barking in my face to make sure i get the hint :rolleyes: Shes feeling fine but i know from experience 5 mins of road work and she'll be as lame as hell and with no car shes not going out!!

Hello Cheryl :)

Edited by collies r best

Hi Cheryl!

Collierbest, lets hope the car is soon mended and returned...... or if not some kind soul lends you a scooter! i hope Izzies shoulder is better soon, it is hard to make them understand why they can't go out.

Jazz, glad to hear you got some rest!

i still haven't started my ironing Lol..... i got distracted by its me or the dog usa (never seen it before) and decided to bake some treats for the dogs...... they look minging and i don't think they will taste nice, as the dogs have allergies i have to be careful what i use...no wheat for one and i hadn't got rice flour so i have boiled potatoes, mashed them and pureed tinned sweetcorn with some chilli flakes and mixed it all together and lobbed it in the oven.... i am a crap cook Lol

Edited by griff