UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Had a meeting and then got sent home to work for the rest of the day cos my laptop's not ready, so I am using my own one today/tomorrow to do some work.

RMF : The One Show did a piece recently on random acts of kindness for strangers, which gave me a fuzzy feeling. Today on the tram back an elderly gentleman asked which stop to use for Hope Hospital (which is at the top of my road). So I told him and then offered him a lift, which he accepted. So I have now committed a RAK for a stranger :)

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 3

Yay for you Alex. When we were holidaying in Vermont we went to the movies and found our seats already paid for by someone ahead of us in the "pay it back" movement the Americans have (had) going.

Archie is baking biscuits this morning. He's had an order from his cousin Taz the Cocker spaniel so I no doubt will be expected to make the delivery for him. Eye roll. Never mind "why keep a dog and bark yourself" it's more "why keep a human and make deliveries yourself".

Good luck Alicia - I hope all goes without a hitch.

• Like 1

Just as well your new job likes you working from home for the moment Alex!

I am also bored at work Alex :-( I need to consider doing some career planning as I am not stretching myself enough at work, which runs the danger of me signing up to do some random courses :-( does anyone have any suggestions how I could go about this?

Good luck Jazz xxx

• Like 1

I was in a queue at the supermarket. An elderly lady paying, a guy in front of me, then me. The lady had been scrambling about in her purse and handbag for coppers before I joined the queue. After a while the exasperated guy before me just picked his shopping up and moved to another checkout. I waited and waited. Eventually I asked quietly,would you mind if I paid the rest of that for you? WHAT she barked at me and took a roll of notes out of her purse!!! Turned out she just wanted rid of her change! So I apologised and moved to another check out. I was still served before she'd finished paying!! I do try.... hehehe!!

Good luck from me too Jazz!!! Hope to see you back on here to report success without too much delay!

• Like 1

Sorry Murtle, I wouldn't know where to start - I just kind of fell into what I'm doing.

Still no word from V about the job. It's been nearly three and a half weeks so I can only assume that there is a problem somewhere, because it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks at most. I have emailed the agency for an update, because V did say a week ago that they hoped it would be completed within a week max. I have informed the agency that I have started the interim role because I can't afford not to be working (which is costing me best part of £500 a week).

Edited by merledogs

It is strange Alex - I think V could have explained to you why the long wait. Or perhaps they have told the agency who has failed to pass any up-date's along. I only have experience of one agency that my brother was dealing with and they didn't leave me with a good impression.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Archie and I are now going out on the biscuit run.

Me too Alex...I have a degree in Hospitality Management and a degree in Psychology...and work as a Business Analyst...I am sure there is a link somewhere but it just amazes me how people turn something simple into something that is SUCH hardwork.

My Security clearance took 6 weeks which I believe is the norm. Not sure what clearance yours is Alex but mine had to be sent to te grown ups (external) to e completed. xxx

I apparently need to be writing level 4 processes on a project I don't know the design, and where they haven't particularly engaged with the business...I won't work in isolation from the business so this could be interesting...pesky consultants....

Although my lovely roses are still producing lots of buds, they are getting ruined by the wet weather and either dying before they open or else only lasting a day or two, so I have cut a load and put them in a vase. They look lovely and I will use the stems as cuttings once they are finished flowering :wub:

Good luck for tomorrow JAzz!

Glad you have some work in the interim Alex, even if it is not quite what you want.

Good old Archie, looking after his mates. :) Marion, do you have the recipe for the biscuits?

Glad you are not in so much pain Suzeanna

Norty Owly one, getting banned !! LOL

No ideas Mary, :(

Sorry for anyone I may have missed.

I am feeling so much better today, after finally beating the lurgy. Hope it doesn't come back, it was pretty unpleasant, coldsores, bones aching, earache and headaches. I came home at four last night and went to sleep for a couple of hours, then had a really hot chilli, so I think I burnt it out!!

• Like 1