UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

thankyou, to be honest...and this will sound awful..... it is a relief, the last few days of my nans life were unpleasant, she wouldn't have liked it and she wouldn't want to see her children upset and worried. the nice thing was she just slipped away nice and calm with her sister and 4 of her children and 1 daughter in law with her.

:hugs: :hugs: Griff. I know what you mean about it being a release though, my granny had had alzheimers for 15 years before she died - in the end, she just used to sit and grind her teeth, she was also scared of Ted when we took him to see her in the home. My gran was as animal mad as i am, so it was sad that she was scared of Ted at the end. I always said when she died, she went back to her old self in heaven and was reunited with my granpy who died shortly before she developed alzheimers.

Have booked a holiday today, I really enjoyed my winter sun break to Sharm last January, so have booked to go again next January. Mum has booked for my dad to go with me as a surprise, as he hasn't been on a sunshine holiday since 2000, and he loves the sun. It's his birthday on Wednesday, so we are going to tell him then :)

Aw Griff I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your nan.

Nice one Jayne, it won't be long until January!

DW has been and collected Archie already as she has a full day at her regular work starting at 9am. I hang Archie's harness on the front door handle as it's usually left open when I am in (we have an inner door that is shut) When DW comes for Archie he shoots out in great excitement. This morning she was standing bent over ready for him with his harness in her hands and he ran right into. It was very nifty and made me laugh.

So sorry to hear about your nan griff :flowers:

Alex is Costco worth the membership fee? Theres a big one not far from me but its £30 a year to join and I'm not sure we'd save that much as I have no ideas what the savings are like - I used to have a Bookers card and didn't think that the discounts were that good as often I could buy retail cheaper.

Alex is Costco worth the membership fee? Theres a big one not far from me but its £30 a year to join and I'm not sure we'd save that much as I have no ideas what the savings are like - I used to have a Bookers card and didn't think that the discounts were that good as often I could buy retail cheaper.

Definitely worth it for me as I buy their Super Premium cat food - about £17 for 11kg and the cats love it. They do Autarky for £13 (15 kg) if you use that, or their own brand Super Premium dog food is good as well which is 18kg for about £28. Lots of other stuff is really cheap, such as their trays of danish pastries, and I love their large spit roast chickens for £3.99 (cheaper and larger than you get in supermarkets). Some stuff isn't particularly cheap but they also do lots of stuff you can't get anywhere else. So for me, yes, definitely worth the fee, although I get mine through work so only pay about £13 as there are three of us on the account and we split the fee (but I would happily pay the £30 cos I would easily save that on the cat food alone) :flowers:

Griff, I'm sorry for your loss but happy for your Nan that she's now free of pain :GroupHug: . I think your Dad's best bet is to find out how much the funeral will cost, divvy it up between his siblings and himself, put his share on the table and say right, there's mine, now cough up.

• Like 1

Griff, I'm sorry for your loss but happy for your Nan that she's now free of pain :GroupHug: . I think your Dad's best bet is to find out how much the funeral will cost, divvy it up between his siblings and himself, put his share on the table and say right, there's mine, now cough up.

Ditto from me xx

Jazz, your siblings have a cheek. If they don't need their legacies and feel able to give their share to charity that is fine but they can't make that decision for someone who needs the money, and moreover did more for mum at the end of her life than they did. Do I remember that one of them, when you were too exhausted and poorly to cope, told you to step up to the plate and get on with it? If the person who is sharing out the money doesn't give you your share, get legal advice.

Don't funerals and legacies bring out the worst in people :( I bet we all have some stories about that.