UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Suzeanna i can see why you are worried...... what a lovely thing of beauty to look out on and they want to ruin it...... i am sure they wanted to do some mining stuff down here a few years ago, i think it was at the end of my nans houses back garden (alas she no longer lives at the house) but pretty much the same set up as you, farmers fields that peoples gardens backed onto. they did get it stopped though so fingers crossed for you :flowers:

diez has been to the vets today, she has lost another kilo in weight..... the vet is happy that she is at this weight but i am worried as i am not trying to get her to lose weight, she has to be checked again in a month and if she has lost more weight then we are going to add more carbs to her diet.

just got some bargain wallpaper, we have a peach bathroom suite and i can't convince my dad to replace it so tried to find some paper so the walls at least look a bit nicer....£3 a roll :biggrin: so i got 5 rolls of paper including delivery at £25 was going to cost me £20 for 2 rolls that wouldn't really go with the suite, lets hope my parents approve :smug-1:

:moon: :ohmy: :pinkie: :party: :D yep they work on firefox

what a gorgeous view you have Suzeanna - really hope you can stop them mining it. The disruption will be horrendous.

Any more news on Bones, Owl?

Just slap the paper up Griff - bet they won't make you take it back off again :laughingsmiley:

Edited by eve

Suzeanna

I just did a google search for 'open cast mining' and found several hits.

Apparantly, in Scotland and Wales there must be 500 metres between a site and any settlement, but a similar private members bill to introduce the same protection in England ran out of time.

Despite local planning opposition companies appeal to the Secretary of State and government policy is to allow them.

Much the same situation as we have have here with the wind farms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...yshire-15299389

http://www.guardian....g-rules-england

Edited by blackmagic

I like your garden Suzeanna. I hope they don't destroy that field and the view :ohmy:

Griff what a bargain :) I hope your parents agree. We used to have a kind of turquoise bathroom suite and boy was I happy after the loo cistern got a crack in it and we found we couldn't get a replacement in that colour. Better still we were covered by accidental insurance and it paid out for a complete bathroom suite in white :pinkie:

Goodness Suzeanna, I see what you mean. Hope you and your neighbours can protect it.

I still haven't got smileys though will try to change settings as per advice, thanks. Wish I had one to show me banging head against wall or similar. She didn't appear at all last night. Will see what happens tonight, I am on watch. Someone on her Facebook page has recommended I contact this lady who had a husky take to the woods for a while but got her back. I have messaged the lady and hope she can give us some advice.

Goodness Suzeanna, I see what you mean. Hope you and your neighbours can protect it.

I still haven't got smileys though will try to change settings as per advice, thanks. Wish I had one to show me banging head against wall or similar. She didn't appear at all last night. Will see what happens tonight, I am on watch. Someone on her Facebook page has recommended I contact this lady who had a husky take to the woods for a while but got her back. I have messaged the lady and hope she can give us some advice.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: on your behalf

Eve, crikey don't know if i could hang wallpaper, i can't lift my arms or go up a ladder and have only hung 2 sheets in my entire lifetime, my plan is to leave it on the bathroom floor so my dad has to step over it and hopefully he will get the hint! then again this is the fella who stripped the hallstairs and landing, left it for 7 years half done and i had to complete it :icon_oogle: my mum will appreciate it though. the online shop had some beautiful wallpaper at £4 - £5 a roll but my mum said whatever wallpaper had to match the curtains in the living roomand none of it did :tapfoot:

Nogs leg is much better, back to its normal size and he's walking on it without any lameness.

I worked from 8am Tuesday until 1:30am this morning on the fecking magazine - had to do it 3 times as publisher kept corrupting the files :mad1: because I won't be in nect week due to mums funeral I had no choice but to work until it was done as otherwise it would end up being almost 2 weeks over due - I'm NOT doing it next month they can find some one else!!

Had mums house valued yesterday by 2 different estate agents - the value came back a fair bit more than I had expected and they both think it would sell very quickly (I agree as there are no other bungalows like it for sale in the area) problem is that after much thought and talking we had decided that we'd like to buy my brother out and have it ourselves but with the value being that much higher we'd need a bigger mortgage than I wanted and of course hubby still has to get a job so that we can get a mortgage in the first place *sighs*.

Hope those plans dont go through Suzeanna :unsure:

Yay, glad HRH Sir Nogs is still getting better

Rufus hammie is doing ok, was very dodgy over the weekend but hes eating again. The swelling in his toes and leg is going down but the leg is still huge. Hes using leg occasionally as over weekend he stopped putting any weight on it. I know hes feeling better as hes fighting like mad against the syringe stuck in his mouth twice daily :laughingsmiley: Thank goodness i had got him to vets so fast as with the infection etc i dont think he'd have made it without antibiotics starting immediately. However with price of vet bill i could have bought several replacements!! Only joking , hes such a lovely friendly boy i luvs him lots.

Snow, i am very glad that Nog is his usual self :cheer: i hope that you can come to an agreement about your mums house, i am sure she would love for it to stay in the family :flowers: when my mum had to sort out my nans estate she wanted to hang on and sell it to my dads brother.... her elder brother demanded she sell it as he wanted the money and the house was sold for a hell of a lot less than it was worth.... last time we spoke to him all we kept getting was how she had sold the house too cheap :dry:

Colliesrbest.... chuffed to hear that Rufus hammy is doing well, i know what you mean about the vets bills..... we did £50 on a £1 mouse 16 years ago :huh: ended up losing him in the end but we had to try.

who stole my sunshine???? i have grey wetness :angry: