UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

there are still some treething problems with the new software but on the whole the admin side is now much easier.

over the weekend I wil be addressing a list of niggles I have and then will look to rearrange things a bit to make the boards easier to use.

Cant get smileys to work either. Huge hugs for Snow and Nog.

Well the curse of friday 13th has struck us. Jodies lovely hamster escaped and somehow managed to scale the rats cage and they have bitten him on his leg. Rufus has been to vets and had antibiotic jab and have some to orally give him, hopefully he'll be ok but is in a bit of shock atm and is also in a different cage as hes not allowed pipes etc. So lot of get better thoughts for Rufus please.

Sadly we took Toffee mouse with us and he was pts. His lump has almost doubled and was causing trouble. Vet said it was a huge tumour and i didnt want him to suffer anymore so we let him go. Poor Jodie is upset over Toffee and scared Rufus wont make it. What a start to the day.

Forgot to say..thankyou Pingu!

Hope Nog's leg is soon responding to treatment and that Rufus gets over his shock. Scamper free Toffee (hugs).

The meter reader came today so I've put my reading online...£149 in debit, arghh! More money going out, shame there isn't more coming in!

Cheers Rick.

For Nog and Collies (would put a hug in but can't).

I put my meter readings in last night and was chuffed that I was slightly in debit, even after winter :) I did however, spend over £30 on a gas bottle a few times for the Calor gas heater, which works better than my central heating and obviously only heats one room (and the dogs adore it).

RMF : Knackered after having four dogs in bed last night with much changing of positions :rolleyes: Am in a boring sub contractor review - can't wait to get out and get home (via Mozzas).

:GroupHug: Lots of good thoughts for Rufus. So sorry about Toffee Mouse :GroupHug:

Today is rather boring, I've been cleaning as nurses are due round tomorrow to see my Mother, I have a mountain of washing but no means of drying it with this naff weather we're having :glare: I'm hoping for some sofa time later if I can find a space between the dog bums!

oh dear, sorry to hear about Nog, i do hope he will be o.k (((((hug))))

glad Emily's doc was a hit.... nothing worse thn dealing with somebody your not keen on.

Colliesrbest, i do hope your hamster will survive and sorry to hear of the loss of your mouse (((hug)))

i have been to the doctor today, i have then been sent for blood tests...... i look like i have been battered, my bruising has been getting worse and worse and i thought it was down to my ehlers danlos but this past 6 weeks the slightest thing and i am covered and also the fact that i am tired all the time and gaining weight he has decided to investigate further.... i could be anaemic which wouldn't surprise me or i could have a bit of a thyroid issue or it could just be my ehlers danlos, i kind of hope they find something as i can fix it then.

lovely here today, was quite cold to start with but had a lovely few hours of sunshine!!!

Well it seems I live with a celebrity :biggrin: when we got to the vet hospital this morning there was a huge crowd of people waiting for us to arrive ... or rather waiting for Nog to arrive ... he was greeted with the words "the legend returns" :laughingsmiley: all of the nurses were there to see him and he was given an enormous fuss needless to say the little sod walked in on all 4 legs *eye roll* Hannes was out like a shot when he knew we'd arrived and was all over Nog telling me that Nog was famous in the veterinary world as he'd written several papers and given several presentations on him and that as a result of Nogs treatment and his reaction to the metal plate that the way in which Greyhound fractures is now dealt with has changed radically due to Nog. If Nog had been royalty he couldn't have received a bigger reception.

Anywhooo after fuss more fuss and even more fuss which Nog felt was only right and proper lol his leg was examined again causing more exclamations over how stoic Nog is, and how flexible the hock is even after the fixation, eventually Hannes was satisfied that the problem wasn't to do with the hock or bones and was a soft tissue oedema of some sort, further examination revealed a very small blue tinged puncture wound just above one of his scars which Hannes thinks is a wasp or bee sting or insect bite of some kind. *phew* he's already using the leg again albeit carefully, its still swollen and hot so we've AB's for a week and will keep on with Tramadol as well as his Previcox and pop back for a check up next week.

I then had to go run round the car park trying to get Nog to walk & trot on camera so Hannes can update his paper but Nog was having none of it still a bit sore I think, so we'll do that again next week hopefully when he's all better ...and I'll get Rob to come with me and do the running lark.

We still didn't get to go home though as Hannes wanted to borrow Nog and take him around to meet all the exotic vets and back room staff .. and off Nog went without a backwards glance. The nurses were telling me that everyone knows who Nog is because whenever a dog is playing up they tell him to stop being such a baby and be a big brave Nog!! lmao

oh how fabulous Snow...... not only do you live with a celeb but the celeb is feeling a bit better!!!!! we have a celeb here but he is very divaish so watch nog doesn't get any ideas Lol.

i just nearly freaked out, diez had been to the toilet, i was picking it up when i noticed something on the bush.. looked like a moth x bee x fly with a long nose, i had no idea what it was, never seen one before and it had a hoooooge nose thing.... turns out it is a bee fly...... i thought it was some freaky hybrid thing Lol.

ooh, it's all noo and shiny. Thanks Pingu :cheer:

I hope Nog gets better soon. :wub:

Glad Emily's appointment went ok :)

Sleep tight Toffee mouse and good thoughts for Rufus. :wub:

Hope you get sorted Griff :unsure:

Hope the nurses visit goes well Steph :)

Hope everyone is ok, I have had a short week at work, only two days, but was wound up within half an hour of starting yesterday. Ho hum. :guiltysmiley:

Tomorrow we're off to Melton Mowbray for a dog walk, should be fun, loads of Labs (and Cherry! ) Plenty of splashing in water no doubt. Will have to stop off first and visit the pie and sausage shop. :ph34r:

Fancy Nog being a celeb. There'll be no living with him now he knows Snow. He'll be wanting a diamond encrusted collar and a gold dish. Does he still like a Scotch egg? I was making some the other day and found myself wondering about him. Tis good to hear his leg is feeling somewhat better now.