UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suzeanne that is indeed wacko.gif

Alex I have budged up to make room for you on the batty-middle-aged-bird-bench.

If you haven't already booked your place in the Home For The Terminally Bewildered I would so now. I'm booked in laugh.gif

I'll have the room next to yours please - you can sit on the bench and watch me potter in the garden all day, accompanied by our dogs biggrin.gif

Bank holiday here on account of Paddy's day being on a Saturday so I'm having a lazy day

I hope you've had a chilled out day. :flowers:

Alex I have budged up to make room for you on the batty-middle-aged-bird-bench.

If you haven't already booked your place in the Home For The Terminally Bewildered I would so now. I'm booked in

I'm in the corner, feel safer there as I don't want to fall off the bench :rolleyes:

If you were a vets receptionist, and I rang and asked for a late afternoon/early evening appt, would you offer me 2.10pm?? No, me neither!

nor me :unsure:

I'll have the room next to yours please - you can sit on the bench and watch me potter in the garden all day, accompanied by our dogs

Didn't know dogs were allowed! That's even better. :laugh:

I am a little tired and a little achey. Sun was out, so I did some washing and put it out, then went up to the lotty and planted some seeds and two rows of red shallots that I bought at the show yesterday. Weeded, moved some manure to the two squash beds, dug a bit, then came home. Cleaned out the two tomato houses with jeyes fluid, planted peas and asparagus peas, tidied away the potting stuff. Had a bath and then had a yummy baked potato and cheese for dinner. I am hoping to go there again tomorrow, the dogs enjoyed it too. :biggrin:

I wish I had the patience to grow things, it all sounds fab having proper fresh veg and pretty flowers in the garden. When my Mother was well she used to keep our garden full of plants and little pots of flowers, now it's just tatty and covered over with bark chippings :rolleyes: Plus I'm a skinflint :laugh: I say every year I'll buy some hanging baskets but can never bring myself to part with a tenner for it!

Well everything is set for my Mother to come home from hospital tomorrow if no one from the social halt it any further :rolleyes:

Wasn't quite as lazy as I planned afterall.

Went for a cycle with Andy this morning and after lunch hubby, Andy and I went for a long walk where I took loads of photos of daffs. My camera club has an exhibition and a separate competition coming up and I need stuff for both.

Although compared to Marge's day, mine was extremely lazy :unsure:

Glad your Mum is coming home Kittycat

Edited by Mags

Well everything is set for my Mother to come home from hospital tomorrow if no one from the social halt it any further

Hope your mum comes home today. :flowers:

Wasn't quite as lazy as I planned afterall.

Went for a cycle with Andy this morning and after lunch hubby, Andy and I went for a long walk where I took loads of photos of daffs. My camera club has an exhibition and a separate competition coming up and I need stuff for both.

Sounds like a good way to spend the day :biggrin:

Marge - the benches have backs and sides so you wouldn't fall off. We have our own sectioned off garden and dogs are allowed and Jazz can come and play too

:laugh:

I've made my flask of tea and sarnies, put everything ready to load into the car and am just finishing breakfast before heading up to the lotty. :biggrin:

I'm not taking the wheelbarrow, so the dogs should have a bit more room today. I don't know how i fitted it all in yesterday, we must have looked like the Beverly Hillbillies! :laugh:

I have about a hundred onion sets to plant today, so I might just have a backache by teatime. :unsure:

Edited by houndzrus

Hope your mum gets home today Kittycat!

My garden is making me scream, all the weeds are popping up with a vengeance but as I found out the hard way, more than about ten minutes trying to dig or even rummage around with a trowel and my wrists and knee are murder for days, it's so annoying! I think concreting the lot might be the answer :rolleyes:

I know how you feel Suzeanna. I have one very long flower bed and I can't tend it anymore due to back problems (recently diagnosed with osteoarthritis). My greenhouse suits me fine because no long periods bending down.

Enjoy your day Marge