Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :flowers:

Hurrah, January has left the building! :biggrin:

had an unexpected visit from a work colleague last night. She brought me my seed potatoes that had been delivered to work while I have been off and also my copy of the fabulous baker brothers cookbook, which I also had delivered to work, thinking I would be back by now. :rolleyes: what a nice gesture (Though I was a bit embarrassed as I was in my jim jams and dressing gown :unsure: )

I am going to be sensible today and not potter around. The book will keep me occupied for a while.

ooo there is a scheme here for disabled adults to get some work experience. they do house cleaning, gardening and dog walking for £5 an hour! they are coming this afternoon to meet the dogs, and hopefully start walking them next week. it will give them a few extra walks a week. worth a try at that price

@ suzeanna, we had a dusting of something in between snow and hail yesterday, didn't stay long but wasn't nice to be out in. I think your daughter will find West Handley quite chilly in spite of today's sunshine, as the wind is now coming in from the east. We are a bit sheltered by the rise behind us, so not too bad. I am bracing myself to take Wispa out somewhere. This will mean somewhere away from cars and other dogs, so going back to where we went last week. With about 18 layers of clothes as it will certainly be parky up there. :unsure:

How luffly of your colleague Marge flowers.gif

I love Alex's title for February's thread laugh.gif

I learned a new word today - fabulist (and hence fabulism) biggrin.gif

fabulist [ˈfæbjʊlɪst]n 1. a person who invents or recounts fables 2. a person who lies or falsifies

Not that I'm suggesting that Fugees are Fabulists laugh.gif

I like February, it's my birthday on the 12th, and February means it's nearly March and March means it's getting warmer :biggrin:

And March means spring is here proper and stuff starts growing properly biggrin.gif

Lá Shona Naomh Bríd (Happy St Brigid's day). St Brigid is one of our patron saints. And what a beautiful day she is giving us - glorious sunshine albeit very cold.

Marge, hope you feel better soon.

Alex, hope your shoulder stops ouching.

:GroupHug: to all else in need.

I'm considering selling hand knitted scarves on ebay and I know some on here are sellers. Is it easy or complicated? Is there a lot involved in it? I'm also trying to come up with a name for myself as I want to change my username to reflect hand knitting. Maybe wise fugees have suggestions :biggrin:

Lá Shona Naomh Bríd to you too Mags

flowers.gif

Wot she said flowers.gif

Selling on eBay is easy Mags, it's the faffing back and fore the post office which does my t*ts in, hence I have piles of stuff I should put on there but never seem to get round to rolleyes.gif

It's a beautiful sunny day here - I just want to get home and put my noooo curtains up. Just hope I like these ones when they are up rolleyes.gif