UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the comments! It was something I started for *me* to get me doing something other than working at the time...oh and groupon had a deal for 4 classes for a tenner! We had to learn that dance in 12 weeks, but sadly I was poorly for a few weeks of it as were a couple of other girls! That was the first time we all danced it together so we were pretty pleased with it!

Whoo hoo Jazz, that's great news from the little mouse!

Close Michelle, It's M whats'ername :laugh: Glad your Dad is so much perkier, look after yourself too! Sounds like you are doing well staying away from the stepmother too. Good plan :flowers:

Treat yourself Jazz, new year, new shoes and hat (and we want pictures too please!)

We have gorgeous sunshine today, but really strong winds still. The cats are most confused they want to sit in the sun, but the wind spooks them!

Great vid, murtle, looks like fun :biggrin:

Jazz, my vets in Wales always used to do a sympathy card and would write a letter if it was a regular or long-term patient. It's a nice touch.

Glad your dad is improving, Michelle.

My yard is a mess of wheelie bins, wheelbarrow, plant tubs, all blown together in a heap. Still rough here but sunny now.

Ankle very painful, but I'm feeling a bit cheered as I have realised that when I am feeling a bit better, maybe next week, I can get a lift over to Worksop from someone I know who goes there regularly, see mum and check her post & paperwork ... then borrow her mobility scooter and beetle round the shopping precinct and anywhere else I fancy :laugh: before getting a taxi home. Not completely grounded!

Well done ickle Mouse :flowers:

Glad things seem to be looking up for sick relatives and animals!

Owl, pleased you can get to see your mum, and that your friend has stocked up your food for you. :flowers:

I phoned just now to get an appointment with my lovely lady doctor only to find she's not working for the forseeable future, as she needs further treatment for her breast cancer. She had been back working reduced hours, I do hope this doesn't mean she's not going to make it, she's such a nice person. :worried_anim:

Edited by suzeanna

Jazz - that was very nice of your vets and well done Mouse.

Alex - I would have said you were younger too.

Owl - enjoy your spin. Hopefully it will happen soon.

It's very windy here again today. The car was fighting against it going into town. Hope it dies down soon.

I started knitting a couple of months ago and have become quite addicted. I'm running out of wool and the only wool shop in town opens when she feels like it, which never seems to coincide with when I am there. Does anyone know of any online shops for good value wool? I will be checking out ebay but would like some other options too.

Mags

Have a look at "Ravelry'

https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

It is an online knitting forum which caters for experienced and non experienced knitters.

There are loads of forums for various things, loads of free patterns and plenty of people to give advice.

You can join specific groups depending on your interests or location. It is a world wide forum.

There are several online suppliers advertise on the UK group pages and there is usually someone who can advise re best places to get supplies.

It can take a while to get used to it all but if you click on the groups tab you can then search by location or use a subject to find a group.

Some of the groups are not very active so it is worth checking the date of the last posts

Two bits of good news today - big one being ....... I do NOT have cancer :biggrin: the consultant isn't sure what my rash is but he is sure its NOT Pagets disease :biggrin: I have to have a nipple biopsy (bet thats gonna sting) to find out what it is, he suspects some form of eczema or allergy but its not exactly like eczema or an allergy rash so he wants it tested. While there he also checked on my skin cancer patches, pronounced 1 of them a scar not cancer, t'other 2 are totally benign as they have not changed in over 20 years so carry on as normal ignoring them unless they ever change. :biggrin:

The other bit of good news came from my mum, she has been almost totally blind in 1 eye with macular degeneration (AMD) she has it in both eyes one dry one wet, however in the past few days shes noticed her vision in that eye returning!! She says she can now see almost fully out of that eye with just a tiny bit of a spot in the centre of the eye as AMD doesn't just fix itself (if anything it gets progressively worse) we can only assume its a positive side effect of her chemotherapy. :biggrin: