UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Seasonal Sentiments

suzeanna

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Snow and your mum :GroupHug:

Stray cat Abbey seems to have settled fine now and Maddie seems more relaxed and happy as do the other cats so looks like she staying. When Abbey first turned up she was very big belly wise but after worming she went right down. Shes a small slender cat with a little bit of a belly so i reckoned another worming would sort her out. Today however shes hunting in cupboards, tried to get on top of bookcase and is very fidgety. Hoping shes just in a daft mood and isnt going to pop out a few kittens :ohmy:

:GroupHug: Alex, hope things are better.

Will we get piccies of rescue horses?

Edited by collies r best

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to Snow, Jazz and Alex :flowers:

Just put my meter readings into the Scottish power website, they now want to put my bill up from £71 a month to £198 a month. I really can't afford that :mecry: :mecry: Am going to ring them tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll get anywhere. It's the gas that is killing me, but as my oven and hob are gas, there's not much I can do :(

Have you considered any of the following?

A microwave oven and a slow cooker cost less to run.

What about a halogen oven? I have no experience but some people like them.

Is your hot water hotter than to needs to be? Rather than adding cold water, turn down the thermostat on the hot water tank so that the water is hot enough, but not too hot.

If you have an old boiler it may use more gas than a modern, efficient one, but a new one costs money.

Can you switch off, turn down radiators where you don't need the heat- such as empty or little used rooms.

Insulating behind the radiators with foil means less heat loss into the wall.

Heavy curtains can also help retain heat in the room . You can also get thermal linings to hang between the curtain and the window to retain heat. Close curtains as soon as it is getting dark.

Is your loft well insulated? A lot of heat can be lost through the roof. When there is snow it is interesting to see the roofs where the snow has melted, while those where the loft is well insulated are still covered in snow.

About ten years ago, my daughter adopted a little black cat from the RSPCA..they thought about eight months old. She'd had her a couple of weeks when she phoned me and said Tia is behaving very oddly, she keeps trying to get in my wardrobe! My first thought was that she was pregnant and nesting, and sure enough, next day another phone call..help, Tia's having kittens! well, just one as it turned out, which of course she kept. So I'd keep an eye on your cat, she may have a suprise in store for you! :laugh:

Gooster, when I phoned in my meter readings to Eon, the lady on the phone said do you do everything online? I see you have direct debit? I said yes, and she said there is a special online tariff, and if I move you to that, you'll save nearly £200 a year. Naturally I said yes please. I don't know if your provider has anything similar, or if you do all your reading and payments online, but if you do it's worth asking. :flowers:

just a hi from me - the festival season is now over, spent the summer working at festivals from Glastonbury to Harvest @ Jimmys food festival - came home on monday and slept for 20 hours solid. now for freshers, carnage, Christmas parties etc up until New Year with a bit of footy watch thrown in :)

My dogs are still olovely both act and think they are puppies although thye are nearly 8 now, still love country life and only go back to LOndon for work and seeing my parents - which is about very six months.

My kids aregrowing up fast my son will be in his 3rd year at uni and my daughter is her second year at college.

How time flies I have been here for 4 years now and can't imagine being anywhere else

Thanks for the advice guys, loft was fully insulated about 12 months ago. Heating is off in kitchen and spare room. I don't have a hot water tank as I have a combi boiler, and the heater dial is right down on that.

I do all my own meter readings every 3 months and enter them online.

Just on train home now, so will ring them when I get home and update you all :flowers:

Basically they want the debit clear and me to be in credit in the next quarter. I need to pay for energy before I use it, I suppose like fuel in a car... Wish I'd stayed with eon now, only reason I left them was because they wanted me to pay 60 quid a month when I was in credit :rolleyes:

Basically they want the debit clear and me to be in credit in the next quarter. I need to pay for energy before I use it, I suppose like fuel in a car... Wish I'd stayed with eon now, only reason I left them was because they wanted me to pay 60 quid a month when I was in credit :rolleyes:

What about Alex' suggestion of cancelling the DD and just paying what the meter reading says?

I've never paid my gas or electric by DD, I just paid quarterly for whatever I had used. The DD was a total rip off. Why don't you get someone in to have a look at your boiler so you can turn your heating off so it doesn't mess around with your hot water?

RMF I got my credit card bill today . . . That was one expensive summer :s

I will see how I get on, have been paying £140 into a savings account for 10 months, so will just stop paying that for a few months. I felt a lot more chilled out when I went to the farm to see Blue. I could feel the stress lifting as I walked across the fields to see him. I then sat on the grass next to where he was grazing and just relaxed for a while

144f9874.jpg