UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

I just got an email from the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship ohmy.gif

I am now the holder of a 4 year Work Visa and I leave on Thursday :jumpy: not for 4 years just for 3 months to start with and Mark is coming to visit me in July

I better get bloody packing then.....

:partytime: How exciting!!

Jazz, sorry to hear that you have been having dog troubles this morning. Hope it all settles down now. :GroupHug:

Alex, that was scarily close to his eye! :ohno02: I hope he isn't too sore. Give him a gentle kiss on the nose please and tell him he is still handsome. :wub:

Debating what to do today. Might go to Gap show but not sure if I am in the mood. Need to get a new muzzle for Neo so might be easier. Decisions decisions.......

Bloody hell Alex that looks nasty - really lucky to have missed his eye poor baby :GroupHug:

I can understand people wanting the Kindle and similar but I don't think I will ever have one. I think that part of the fun of reading a book is the feel of them and being able to turn the pages and the individuality of each one in cover, size etc. And what about books of the future? There will be no more books to pass down through history :( I think its quite sad really and hope its not the demise of the existing format. How exactly do you know where you got to when reading an electronic book? :unsure:

I said the same thing, I love books, and a lot of the types of books I read I thought wouldn't be available as an ebook but hubby kept nagging me, and I got very stubborn cos I thought his plan was to try and prevent me from buying more books and theres no way THAT was going to happen :laugh: so we reached an agreement - I would buy myself a Kindle and if I didn't like it then he would buy it off me and just cos I had a Kindle that did not mean I would stop buying books OR get rid of any books I already had even if I put them on the Kindle :wink: I also dragged my feet because I very seriously have over 2k books here and no way was I going to "buy" any of them again in an ebook format since I already paid for them once, and finally I didnt like the price of ebooks as I felt (and still do) that they are vastly over priced and in no way can any of the ebook publishers justify the prices they are charging for them compared to a real book.

So any way .... I love my Kindle :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Theres a few things they need to improve imo the first being making it easier to download your own screen savers - the default ones are gopping and whilst theres a way to hack the Kindle to use your own doing so invalidates the warranty so I wont be doing that til mines a year old. Secondly I'm a page skipper particularly when reading a book I've read several times before. You can skip forwards in a variety of ways but they are all a wee bit of a faff and I'd like a skip forwards by chapter one click option. Thirdly switch the position of the chargeing/usb port to the top of the device rather than the bottom as I like to be able to continue reading when charging from the mains and the lead gets in the way so I end up having to turn the display orientation upside down so the lead is up the top (not a biggie really). I'd also like colour available for graphics especially with books that have pictures/photos in them.

What I like is the way I can just put the Kindle down and it will go to standby all by itself after a few mins and when I turn it back on it comes back to the same page I left it at, the book marking is excellent so I can read 2 or 3 different books all at the same time and always can go back to where I left off in each book with just a couple of clicks, best of all is being able to increase the text size which was a real godsend to me when I had my eye done and was faffing about getting the right prescription for lenses and glasses.

I dont see ebooks replacing real books for many years - if at all - but they are a very nice compliment to them.

Ello to all that remember me :wavey:

been away from here too long but with so much stuff happening in my private life

right now not been able to spend any time anywhere but sorting out one mess after another, but thankfully (fingers crossed) that there is a faint twinkling of light in the distance, either that or a train is head directly at me.

Have looked through all of April to try and catch up but not gone back further

:GroupHug: and :smile_anim: as needed.

Anyother news i need to be aware of before i stick my size 9's in thats wasnt in April's chatter.

Oh and I has some noos too :listen:

you have got goss! wellllllllllllllllllllll

sam, 3 months! corrrr well done

off to watch a brave lady jump off of the water tower in aid of the lurcher rescue in a minute.

princess is gone, wow the atmosphere is so nice! you dont notice the tension till its gone

mothers thinking of getting a bed downstairs, her legs are so bad, so looking out for a single to go in the small living room

chat later xxx

ooo yes, nigel, calcium deficiency in a westie, can it be treated? dont know anything else about the dog yet, but its come into rescue

thanks xx

Hi Nige :flowers: glad to see you, was for some reason thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are. Everyone is now on edge of chairs waiting for your news!

Well done Sam :biggrin:

Beau, poor baby :mecry: and what vile people to just walk on and not be concerned. Get well soon :GroupHug:

I got up far twirly to go and water mum's garden before it got sunny. Then went to car boot sale and got a few useful bargains, including a portable TV with cd player built in. It is perfect, not a mark on it, I think barely been used. It is bright pink :laugh: which may be why no one wanted it. It looks startling in a house where everything else is owly shades of brown and russet or leafy shades of green. I have finally given in and decided to get a licence instead of just watching the odd programme on iPlayer, mainly because I miss some good films. Also a friend will be coming for a week this summer, and I can't expect everyone else to share my TV-less lifestyle.

Edited by owl

Hello Nige :wavey:

Alex, that was scarily close to his eye! :ohno02: I hope he isn't too sore. Give him a gentle kiss on the nose please and tell him he is still handsome. :wub:

I have given him a kiss from you and he sent sloppy licks back laugh.gif

RMF : I have been to Bents (garden centre) to buy some more Rhododendrons and came back with a couple of stunners wub.gif

I just got an email from the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship ohmy.gif

I am now the holder of a 4 year Work Visa and I leave on Thursday :jumpy: not for 4 years just for 3 months to start with and Mark is coming to visit me in July

How exciting :biggrin:

Beau got attacked on our walk this morning :(

Poor Beau :mecry: - hope that he heals up soon.

Ello to all that remember me :wavey:

Hello Nige :wavey: - whats' the news?

Then went to car boot sale and got a few useful bargains, including a portable TV with cd player built in. It is perfect, not a mark on it, I think barely been used. It is bright pink :laugh: which may be why no one wanted it.

Have fun with your new pick TV. It's funny, I was wondering yesterday if I would bother with a TV if I lived alone.

Is it just me or does everyone have several emoticons duplicated on the shorter list? I think they have been breeding, tut tut :laughingsmiley:

I am now the holder of a 4 year Work Visa and I leave on Thursday not for 4 years just for 3 months to start with and Mark is coming to visit me in July

:biggrin:

Beau got attacked on our walk this morning

Poor Beau :wub: Some people are just so oblivious to the harm their dogs do. :mad:

I've had 2 days of shuffling around not doing much. Need to get my backside into gear.

Enjoy a bit longer. I've had almost a week of that and I'm still taking my time. :flowers:

Ello to all that remember me

Oh and I has some noos too

SPILL! :laugh:

quote name='Jazz' timestamp='1304254561' post='921796'

mothers thinking of getting a bed downstairs, her legs are so bad, so looking out for a single to go in the small living room

:GroupHug:

Why would my three cats decide to chase a deer

Did they catch it? :laugh:

Blimey TF, things are certainly keeping you busy. :ohmy:

Came back from holibobs last night after extending our stay at a lovely B&B that we just passed by on our way home. Couldn't waste the good weather could we? :wink:

Linky to B&B

Have caught up on shopping, and washing and still have another day off work. :biggrin:

:wavey: Nige. Glad to see you back and could do with your good news! :flowers:

Alicia, sorry to hear your mums legs are worsening. We talked about doing exactly the same and converting the lounge into a bedsit for MIL but she ended up in hospital first so it never happened quite like that, though she did have her bed downstairs. :flowers: Did you get her meds sorted?

Sandra, absolutely love the second photo. Great idea and I am impressed that you got them all to stay still for long enough! :biggrin:

I have given him a kiss from you and he sent sloppy licks back laugh.gif

Sloppy lick received :biggrin:

I know I have forgotten someones post... brain is addled!

Hubby had a call from his brother this morning about sorting MILs will out. FFS, she isn't even cold yet, never mind not having spoken to her solicitor or have a funeral organised. :mad: He is just bothered about the legal costs involved and wants to do it all himself. Money grabbing fecker!! :mad: Had another two bits of bad news over the last couple days, one of which is my boss' dog Millie was PTS on Friday as her cancer got the better of her.. Run Free Millie :wub:

RMF, I went to the Gap show and bought a new muzzle for Neo and two bones, one for each of them which they muchly appreciated. :)