UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Morning Sam :wavey:

I woke up at silly o'clock again, but managed to go back to sleep, although the emotional stuff I went through yesterday, coupled with a panic attack going over Snake Pass (by the reservoir bit) has left me rather :tired:

I woke up at silly o'clock again, but managed to go back to sleep, although the emotional stuff I went through yesterday, coupled with a panic attack going over Snake Pass (by the reservoir bit) has left me rather :tired:

Snake Pass is seriously wibble-making though very beautiful. I can cope with it ok but can't manage driving in Sheffield. Last time I ended up parked down a side road crying :mecry: so not doing it again.

Does anyone have one of those Halogen oven things? Are they really as good as they appear to be? I've seen one on special offer with Amazon and its a fraction of the price as one of these air fryers and apparently as well as roasting they air fry and steam - sounds too good to be true lol

Does anyone have one of those Halogen oven things? Are they really as good as they appear to be? I've seen one on special offer with Amazon and its a fraction of the price as one of these air fryers and apparently as well as roasting they air fry and steam - sounds too good to be true lol

my mum really likes hers :flowers:

i have an opportunist :rolleyes:

mouse.jpg

Cute mouse :wub:

Been to the vets with Chips cat this morning for his booster and a yearly blood test (he's FIV). Why do some owners think it's amusing to let their dogs run up to Chips's basket and scare him :angry: We left behind us a couple of dogs that won't be doing that again in a hurry :rolleyes:

They also grill. I have been using one for years and they are brilliant. Also very easy to clean, you just lift the bowl off the stand and bung it in the sink. I wouldn't want a conventional oven now. I only need one but people who do more cooking than I do like to have a couple.

Hi Rumpole :wavey:

I've reclaimed Kinky cat from my neighbours for a couple of hours. She really doesn't want to be here rolleyes.gif I hate the fact that several of my cats have gone to live elsewhere, and I wonder if I've failed them in some way, but the homes they have gone to have been home all day and spoiled them rotten, so maybe they just know which side their bread's buttered. Sad though, cos I miss them when I don't see them, especially Kinky cos we were inseparable from the age of 5 weeks.

I know how you feel :GroupHug: Since moving here, Wallace, Annie, Brian and Harry have all chosen to move out. To be fair to Wallace he'd already decided he didn't like living with us and spent 95% of his time in our neighbours at our old house. I knew he was happier there but she didn't want the commitment of keeping him. Unsurprisingly he was the first to move out :rolleyes: They've all chosen much quieter homes where they are the centre of attention. I can't blame them but I wish they'd loved me as much as I loved them :mecry:

Tis very sad Bejo, but we do what is best for our kids, no matter if it hurts Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

mouse.jpg

Cute ickle mousley wub.gif

Been to the vets with Chips cat this morning for his booster and a yearly blood test (he's FIV). Why do some owners think it's amusing to let their dogs run up to Chips's basket and scare him :angry: We left behind us a couple of dogs that won't be doing that again in a hurry :rolleyes:

Feckin idiots mad.gif

RMF : Glad it's the weekend, although I am at the study centre on Sunday and my Monday day off in lieu will be spent working.

I have wine and pizza, nuff said.

Alex hope you're feeling more relaxed now and the diagnosis now means you will get help you need to feel better :GroupHug: I don't know where Snake Pass is but it doesn't sound too pleasant.

It's bad form to let your animals bother others in the vets. Even Scoobs doesn't do that. If he looks like he's getting frustrated about a small furry or looking iffy I remove him from the surgery. Thankfully lately he's been a very good little lad. Even with rabbits (considering he was used for hunting in his previous life)

1 week down 3 to go. It's the weekend :biggrin:

OH had the day off today as it's my birthday, so we went out for lunch, and had a takeaway for dinner..no cooking all day, can't be bad! Tomorrow I'm off with my daughter down to Southampton (in the forecast torrential rain!!) to catch a cruise ship to Bruges for the weekend. Bet it pours..if she went to the Atacama Desert, they'd get rain! :laugh: I'm taking a mac and brolly, to be safe.

'lo Sam :wavey:

sorry about all the cats finding alternative accommodation. :GroupHug:

Glad you have a diagnosis Alex and good luck with your scan Jazz. :liebe94:

three weeks already Michelle? That time will soon go by. :liebe94:

apologies for missing so many people out, but have some :GroupHug:

I can't believe how long this week felt! So glad to be finished now :rolleyes:

I am very teed off at a friend of mine who has started being a pain, most notably this morning, over something that I thought had been sorted. I don't like people being snide and sneaky, so come Monday i am putting an end to it one way or the other. Life's too short to faff about with melodromatic attention seekers and I refuse to play games. :angry:

I've had a nice evening potting up plants in the mini greenhouses and bags in the garden. It's surprising how long it takes, but I thought I would take advantage of the (still) dry weather and get this job out of the way. I've potted Aubergine and tomatoes and rehoused the cabbage, brocolli, swede and cabbage plants which were delivered parched withing an inch of their lives!

I planted some leek seeds weeks ago, and nothing happened, so I bought a tray of about 45. you've guessed it, the one's I planted have now popped up, so I have about 90 of the little blighters! :ohno02: Not sure I like them that much :laughingsmiley:

Dinner was yummy and I'm chilling now with a nice glass of wine. :biggrin:

Edited to add: happy birthday Suzeanna, enjoy your weekend!

Edited by houndzrus

We once drove over Snake Pass in the snow, a few hours before they closed it as too dangerous. Now, that was really scary, I had my eyes shut most of the time! (no, I wasn't driving!)