UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Good Afternoon from a very wet and cold Melbourne ( that will teach me to be here in Autumn/Winter )

I have brought my slow cooker , thing to poach eggs in but could not manage to carry the dish drainer or a vase

Am going to have another cuppa and then head back out to

1. Get very wet
  2. Visit Lush
  3. Try and find as many indoor stores as I can and maybe buy a vase

At the shopping centre I visit for my supermarket there is a Pet Shop which does ( as I remembered from my visit to Queensland in 2004 ) sell puppies instore. When I was here last month my local Lush were promoting a fantastic campaign called Oscars Law

http://www.oscarslaw.org/

If someone held a competition for insomniacs, I think I'd be in line for a pretty big prize! :rolleyes:

I'm spending the weekend in Derbyshire and I've been busy, busy, busy but still can't sleep.

Hoping to do a bit of a tour around today and see more of the beautful countryside.

I can't get the damned emoticons to work properly so wavey, hugs, smiles, flowers to everyone.

I've started to do Rally O with Como and the big daft beast really seems to enjoy it. Does anyone else on here do it?

Am going to have another cuppa and then head back out to

1. Get very wet
  2. Visit Lush
  3. Try and find as many indoor stores as I can and maybe buy a vase

Evening All laugh.gif I went to town and

1. It stopped raining so I was dry
  2. I visited Lush and brought some fantastic bath bomb things so I am having a Lush Bath tonight
  3. I went to a fab shop called the reject shop which is rather like Poundstrecher and I am now the proud owner of a vase

I have not got any flowers as today is Mother day here and the were asking for $ 80 ( £52 ) for a decent bunch , Australia is very expensive generally ( thankfully I am now paid in Aussie Dollars ) but currently Bananas are even more expensive due to all the flooding and tropical storms and are averaging $ 15 a Kilo ( £10 ) so this little squirrel is not getting any Bananas any time soon

I went to a fab shop called the reject shop

i don't know how many reject shops there are in Melbourne, but my niece Kathryn Josevski is a recepionist at one of them! (She's on my FB friends list). Be a small world if you went into that shop! :laugh:

might get a slap if she does lol

the slow cooker is on!

chicken, carrots, potatoes in red wine sauce

yum yum

going to make doggy choc flapjacks, use up all the choccy and the rest, make some room before the next job lot of dog food hopefully comes later

id better get dressed

settling in well then Sam, what do you think of the big market?

Queen Victoria Market ? I love it and I am getting my veggies there next weekend biggrin.gif

i don't know how many reject shops there are in Melbourne, but my niece Kathryn Josevski is a recepionist at one of them! (She's on my FB friends list). Be a small world if you went into that shop! :laugh:

The one I went into is on Bourke Street which is in the city centre

http://www.gps-data-team.info/whereis/Reject_Shop_Bourke_St

the reject shop has receptionists? is that the same as a cashier lol

The one I went into didn't but a lot of shops do have people who greet you at the door , say hello and pass you a basket

No idea, just what's on her FB account :unsure:

maybe Sam could go in and ask her? :huh:

If she works at Bourke Street I will glady pop in for you biggrin.gif

Its my bed time now , first day back at work tomorrow :wavey:

ive done loads of jobs so im shattered. wanted to do more but they can wait

now you know how rock and roll my life is .... it got more exciting, really!

ive changed my purse! :laugh: :bigguit: :medieval: :guitar:

Phebe you drop called me the other day :laugh: Who do you have coming to stay?

Sorry. I knew I called someone by mistake :rolleyes: but then the landline rang and I got my phones mixed up and cut the call off.

Well, no one guessed. Been there and done that with goats, don't have the energy for them any more. And I love chooks but Wispa isn't safe with them and there are farms selling free range eggs not too far away.

New lodgers will be either 2 rescue ponies or 2 rescue miniature horses. They all belong to a lovely lady who needs some grazing land. Currently they are strip-grazing the huge orchard behind our place which belongs to a neighbour, so once the fencing is up they will be rotated between the orchard and my little field. The serious high fencing is to keep Wispa and Polly in an area which includes the house, a third of the field, my small orchard and the yard. Ponies will have the other 2/3 of the field and their mum is dealing with fencing that. Most of it is hedge anyway. Wispa will make a fuss when they move in, but she will get used to them. She is fine with individual ponies once she gets to know them, she only objects to unknown ones. These ponies are used to dogs so are likely either to ignore her or have a good laugh at her antics.

Yesterday was a mixed day of heartbreaking and heartwarming news. Last Weds we went tracking a staffy which was thought to have been lost in woodland. But Wispa got his trail down a towpath so we recommended searching and postering all the way down there. Yesterday I got a call to say his body had been pulled from the canal. :mecry: I felt bad and Wispa was upset because I was upset and she could hear the voice of someone crying on the phone. Wispa's nose is rarely wrong but sometimes it is really horrid to be right.

So we went and found an interesting woodland we hadn't been to before, and met nice dogs to play with. Then on to the farm stores to sort out the fencing order and delivery, where I met a nice couple with a newly adopted staffy x they were getting collar, bed etc for. Dog and I recognised each other - he was a poundie I had moved a few weeks earlier, now looking very fit and happy and well pleased with his new humans.

Been to assess a dog for ESSW today. Have volunteered to short term foster if no one else can be found as family want him gone ASAP as they can't cope keeping him when they know he will be going :unsure: C has agreed to very short term foster only, but hopefully there are a number of people who are waiting to rehome who may be suitable.

Have just ordered a magnetic bracelet thingumy to try to help my shoulder. I'm in constant low grade pain with it now, and by the end of each day my arm feels so heavy. I'm trying to get an appointment with a sports massage therapist or similar to try and sort it out in the short term, but long term I'm trying to find an Alexander or Feldenkrais practitioner as I think my posture and habitual movements are not helping. I'd like very much for it to stop crunching and clicking every time I move it though :rolleyes: