UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

San, very sorry to hear about your Uncle.

My week is going pear shaped by the day. I am now out every single evening this week - and only one evening is a "me" evening. :unsure: And I HAVE to finish my tax return by the end of this weekend, so don't let me be here too often!

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about your uncle, San..but it's good that he managed a last Christmas.

Sorry about your colleague, Jacobean...what a dreadful shock for his family. Was he married?

One of my OH's older brothers was diagnosed with pleural cavity cancer about five months ago, and has just had the final dose of chemo that they can give him. A scan showed that although it doesn't seem to have got any smaller, it hasn't got worse either, so fingers crossed for him. They have told him that if this hasn't worked all they can offer is palliative care, poor David.

I have moved my appraisal forward so it's this afternoon instead of tomorrow morning. 'Tis with a new acting director as my own is seconded onto another project, so somewhat of an unknown quantity. Wibble :unsure:

You worry too much. You could do their jobs plus your own and still be home in time for dinner.

In the early hours of this morning we took in 8 huge horses running loose on the main road. STILL no one has reported them missing.

They are eating us out of hay.

Hope the appraisal went/is going ok Alex.

I just had a text from my son..his dad got remarried to a Thai woman a couple of years ago, and they live in Thailand. Mark has just been phoned by a friend of his dad to say they have had a motor bike accident and although his dad has only broken his collar bone, his wife is in a coma and if she lives at all, will be brain damaged. Poor Paul (my ex) must be in bits, and the ironic thing is he always hated motor bikes, considered them very dangerous. I just pray it wasn't his fault, he'll never be able to live with it.

You'll be fine Alex :flowers:

Just got back from walking the dogs, had a lovely walk, although Charlie demonstrated one of the pitfalls of crossing a collie and a terrier - you get a dog who is clever enough to figure stuff out, and too stubborn to give in when the terrier brain takes over!! Charlie spent about 5 minutes trying to get a long stick through the stile!! I had to help him in the end, as he was getting really mad and cross!!!

You worry too much. You could do their jobs plus your own and still be home in time for dinner.

In the early hours of this morning we took in 8 huge horses running loose on the main road. STILL no one has reported them missing.

They are eating us out of hay.

I know I worry too much, if I haven't got anything to worry about, then I worry about that :rolleyes:

Hope the horsies owner comes forward soon :flowers:

I just had a text from my son..his dad got remarried to a Thai woman a couple of years ago, and they live in Thailand. Mark has just been phoned by a friend of his dad to say they have had a motor bike accident and although his dad has only broken his collar bone, his wife is in a coma and if she lives at all, will be brain damaged. Poor Paul (my ex) must be in bits, and the ironic thing is he always hated motor bikes, considered them very dangerous. I just pray it wasn't his fault, he'll never be able to live with it.

That is so tragic :( My thoughts are with them :GroupHug:

The appraisal was a bit odd. There are three categories that all the values and achievements against objectives can fall into - F for failing, M for Meeting and E for Exceeding. I got Es for everything (apart from one, cos he said it would look silly if he gave me Es for everything) and yet he still found stuff to make negative comments on, which were followed with "You do this, this and this, but I don't want you to change the way you do anything". So why feckin mention it then? :huh: :wacko: