UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 3 day week at work so far & I am really tired. Maybe it is the dark mornings. I thought I had lost Toffee this morning & she was right next to me all the time! Please send blus skies, sunshine & warmth.

I have just been told about a new arrival at Milton Keynes Rescue where I dog walk at weekends - a young collie, possibly deaf. I think it will be hard popping that one back in his kennel :closedeyes:

I bought some in Harry Tuffins (from memory) when we were on holiday. They've got something in them haven't they. Spices might be the wrong word. They taste stronger than a scone?

They should taste sweeter than a scone and more buttery but the basic recipe is just flour, egg, butter, sultanas (or currants) and sugar, I must admit I've never had a decent tasting store bought Welsh Cake they are either too dry or tasteless or they taste artificial, the best Welsh Cakes are those just off the bakestone, still warm and gooey yummmmmyyyyyyy

I've never had a decent tasting store bought Welsh Cake they are either too dry or tasteless or they taste artificial

I agree the shop ones tend to be dry, but if you have one that basically has the right stuff in it (not the ones with horrible preservatives), you can bring them back to life by heating them up. You can warm them in a frying pan or a sandwich toaster if you don't have a bakestone, and stick some butter on and that is much better.

My welshcake recipe doesn't have spices in either. Re 'sweeter than a scone' - that depends on your scone recipe, and those are pretty hotly debated too! :laugh:

Edited by cycas

Morning all :wavey:

I have decided that if I don't open the doors today then it won't snow, Benji is happy with this idea cos he hates getting his paws cold or wet so we will hibernate on the sofa and pretend the world doesn't exist :laugh:

I don't think I have ever had a Welsh cake :unsure:

I dont actually like currants or sultanas :laugh: We have a welsh cake shop and you can buy them practically off the bakestone. They do allsorts of different ones incluing chocolate chip which are gorgeous. Only problem is they're a bit pricey.

http://www.fabulouswelshcakes.co.uk/

OOOOOOOO that link has just given me an idea for Nick & Vickys wedding!! There's a testimonial there from someone who had rugby ball shaped welsh cake wedding favours ..... off to see if I can find a rugby ball shaped cookie cutter :laugh: :laugh:

My plan to hibernate and avoid the snow failed when my luffly postie (well actually not my postie cos he doesn't work in wind/cold/rain/snow but the relief postie) knocked to see if I need anything cos it's snowing heavily and he knows I can't get out in the snow - tis very nice of him but I really didn't want to know it is snowing :wub: :laugh:

No snow, only rain here. Loads of it. My garden is flooded again. The chooks can swim today if the fancy takes them.

Talking of chooks, I luffs my Robin so much :wub: She does make me laugh. Yesterday I witnessed an act of bravery that I felt should be rewarded. I saw her climb onto the roof of her coop, weigh up the height of the fence on the chicken run very carefully (6ft) before jumping and flapping for all she was worth and amazingly she reached the other side :laugh: Since we built the run in the summer that is the first time anybody has escaped over the top of it. Cheered by her ingenuity I let her roam around the garden, I didn't have the heart to return her to the run. At bed time I couldn't find her anywhere though. It was dark and I wondered if she'd got back over and was in her coop. I worried about her all night and worried even more this morning when she wasn't back with the others or anywhere in the garden. I then went to let the rabbits out and instead of Jessica rabbits face appearing first down the ramp it was Robin! This explains why Jessica wasn't keen on going to bed last night :laugh: Roger rabbit just looked very confused as he always does :laugh:

Robin, not just a pretty face :laugh:

IMG_1011.jpg

I bought some in Harry Tuffins (from memory) when we were on holiday. They've got something in them haven't they. Spices might be the wrong word. They taste stronger than a scone?

No you are thinking of hash brownies :laugh:

Ive poisoned myself some how. Ive had a whole 3 weeks with no virus or anything contagous and since yesterday afternoon Ive felt sick, crampy and generally horrible