UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

No snow here either but we've obviously had a monsoon as half the moss from the roof and guttering has been washed off and dumped in heaps blocking the drains and covering the side passage with a thick layer of black icky soil and inch deep water - I've been out wading and brushing it all into the flowerbeds so that the drains are clear but it's left a heck of a mess behind.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont actually like currants or sultanas :laugh: We have a welsh cake shop and you can buy them practically off the bakestone. They do allsorts of different ones incluing chocolate chip which are gorgeous. Only problem is they're a bit pricey.

http://www.fabulouswelshcakes.co.uk/

There is a stall in Cardiff Market too Amy, and they sell them hot off the bakestone for 30p each (and they have free 1/4's for tasters too :wink: ) They are the only ones I have tried that I like as much as homemade

oooooooooo it's cold :angry:

been out and got the dogs mince, got back to find they have put my hospital appointment back a month :angry: :angry: i could be left permannetly deaf in one ear and the consultant couldn't give a sh*t...rang my mum and she is going to give them hell :laugh:

just had some good news...well kind of, my nan was told she had terminal lung cancer with about 9months to live.... they wanted biopsies doing but they haven't been done, the oncologist said as she smoked he thought lung cancer and not secondary colon cancer... her surgeon said secondary colon cancer and today they have had a meeting and a secretary has told my aunty it is secondary colon cancer... my aunty asked how can they tell with no biopsies and apprently they can tell by the way the tumours are clustered :wacko: so she is still terminal but with a bit longer to live :biggrin:

Evening on this wonderful Friday night. :biggrin:

Yantan has trouble posting on here.

I feel robbed. :laugh: Admittedly we were staying in the borders and dipped in and out of Shropshire and Wales but I bought a pack of Welsh Cakes purposely in Knighton because as I said to Martyn we're in Wales so have to have some. Yes I know Knighton isn't in Wales but Tuffins was the nearest for us to get some grub. I've never had them before and sadly I still haven't had them. Darnit we'll just have to go for another holiday :laugh:

What a bizarre subject for Mastermind - The Welsh settlement in Patagonia :huh:

Blacks and Millets sell Kendal Mint cake. I don't like it anymore, too sweet, but used to love it as a child. :biggrin:

I have ordered some from ebay , its for my sponsored sri lankan mountain climb

last time I did it my legs when very wobbly about 3/4 of the way up and I am hoping the KMC will help give me the boost I need as the last section is torture sheer bloody torture

Plus I think if Romneys Kendal Mint cake was good enough for Sir Edmund on Everest its good enough for Sam Squirrel on Adams Peak laugh.gif