UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Morning :tired:

Jules - sorry about your friend's ex :GroupHug:

Spins - sounds like you need to cut contact with this person altogether if you can, they are obviously manipulative :GroupHug:

RMF : Woke up at 4am (so that's started again) and got up to let the dogs out in an effort to stop Max pizzing in my living room. He'd already bluddy done it :mad: Crate is coming out of the car tonight and into the living room, I'm sick of it smelling like pizz in here.

Sending :GroupHug: :flowers: :GroupHug: to all those who have lost friends or relatives, are poorly or are otherwise in need of them.

That's it really. I'm still feeling reclusive but will false smile my way through another Christmas lunch. So far most have been diabolical foodwise so I hope today's is an improvement!

Norty Max. Alex, do you think you might sleep better when he's in his crate and you know you don't have to have an ear cocked for him wanting to go out :unsure: Not being able to sleep is 'the' worst thing for wrecking your whole day :GroupHug:

RMF: Will see how the meeting goes with my black-hearted, power freak, micro-managing boss, but I may be about to resign from my part time job this morning. And in the teeth of the recession too. Gulp :ohmy: All the silliness at work is just doing my head in and I am not putting up with it.

:GroupHug: to all those who have lost nearest and dearest, and those having a sh*tty time right now

The end is in sight for my house. I have a painter in who should be finished start of next week. Electrician is near finished, plumber needs one more visit and my carpets come next monday. Going to phone the furniture storage people and see if they can get my stuff back to me before xmas. god help me it will be chaos :laugh:

Karen - how is your mum doing?

I have just heard from my friend that her estranged husband has been found dead in a hotel room. I've been chewing on all night over a meeting with my boss in the morning, but suddenly it doesn't seem all that important.

Thank you for asking :flowers: - my mum is doing suprisingly well physically. She's gradually got more movement in her arms and legs and is able to walk a short distance with help. Her memory is getting a bit better but she has some very odd memory/understanding related problems! For example she thinks that the room that she walks to for lunch is upstairs, but actually it's only next door to her hospital room. She will be allowed out of hospital for a few hours for my grandma's funeral next week then depending on assessments/available support services might be home soon after Christmas.

Sorry to hear about your friends husband and hope that you can resolve things with your boss :GroupHug:

RMF: Will see how the meeting goes with my black-hearted, power freak, micro-managing boss, but I may be about to resign from my part time job this morning. And in the teeth of the recession too. Gulp :ohmy: All the silliness at work is just doing my head in and I am not putting up with it.

Hope it goes well. Sounds like they need a wakeup call, let's hope that it doesn't actually need you to resign for you to give them one. :flowers:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all who require one.

bosses can be such t*ts :angry: i was a bit gutted earlier in the week as i found out the fella who used to own the company i worked for had died.....Tom Walkinshaw, a thoroughly nice guy, both him and his company were way ahead of the game in equality stakes and gave me a chance when most wouldn't.

hopefully going to fetch the crimbo tree tonight :biggrin: it is a pop up one with all the decorations already attached..... i despise having to faff with the tree, lights and decorations

I have had my CV requested by a team working on a very exciting overseas project , I don't want to get excited because I have been let down so many times this year but I am a little hopeful as these guys are not promising the earth , just that me and my CV are being considered

Thanks chaps have had some more feedback from potential colleagues in the last 30 minutes and its looking rather promising but but but I dare not say anything specific till its a real offer as I don't want to jinx myself laugh.gif but by lord if this comes off you won't be able to shut me up for oooh about the next million years

have been asked to submit my rates now , ooh lord my nerves are in pieces because nothing is for real untill I have a offer in writing

The end is in sight for my house. I have a painter in who should be finished start of next week. Electrician is near finished, plumber needs one more visit and my carpets come next monday. Going to phone the furniture storage people and see if they can get my stuff back to me before xmas. god help me it will be chaos :laugh:

Good luck with getting your house finished and the furniture in - you do pick your times :laugh:

Her memory is getting a bit better but she has some very odd memory/understanding related problems! For example she thinks that the room that she walks to for lunch is upstairs, but actually it's only next door to her hospital room.

My mum has been left with that problem since having her last stroke, almost 2 years ago. It does make for some strange conversations as she tells us she's been upstairs - that would be very difficult as her residential home is all one level :rolleyes:

Do hope that your mum continues to make improvements and that she can come home soon :GroupHug:

have been asked to submit my rates now , ooh lord my nerves are in pieces because nothing is for real untill I have a offer in writing

Will keep my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you Sam :)

I'm finally going to tackle my Christmas shopping - that means going to the shops :ohno02: Wish me luck!

:GroupHug: Gooster :GroupHug: When my gran died even though it was expected it was still a big shock when it happened if that makes sense,it really knocks you.

HGLS, thats good, fingers crossed :biggrin:

Helly, does this mean instead of opening pressies you'll be unpacking boxes :unsure: :laugh:

Griff , Spins and Jules :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Karen, pleased your mum is improving :)

Question about 'out of control' wire haired pointer :wacko: Someone i was chatting to took a 16mth old one on 4mths ago and basically hes wrecking their house big time. He eats handbags , shoes, tarmac :ohmy: furniture and anything he can get hold off. Apparently hes a loving dog but just destroys everything in sight. They work [the woman does school hours]and go home at lunchtime , the dog has kongs etc but nothing seems to work. To me it sounds as if its the wrong dog for them , i dont know how much exercise he gets although i know he goes out daily. They're lovely people but at their wits end with the vandalism. Is this normal for the breed and any ideas what to do?