UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Glad to hear that Owl. My daughter tells me one of her neighbours went out on his tractor to go to Appernowle to get some ballast for the trailer, and he had to give up...on a tractor! It must be really bad over there. She is in a panic, they can't get their car out at all, and she's run out of food and milk. :mecry:

blimey thats worrying , maybe their neighbours could spare some food and milk till the roads clear

Advice please - I let Sally out for a wee in the garden about two hours ago. There was a cat sat on the wall, who didnt move when we came out. I put Sal back in, and went to shoo the cat away - it didnt move, I picked it up, and felt a bit shivery. It has no tag on. I put the bin out about 15 minutes ago, and the cat had moved about a foot away from where I had put it.So, as its going to be about -10 degrees tonight, I have put it in a cat carrier, and it is now warming up in the kitchen. Sally is upstairs away from the little visitor.

Have I done the right thing? Would it be best if the cat stayed out, it may return to its home later tonight? Any advice?

Advice please - I let Sally out for a wee in the garden about two hours ago. There was a cat sat on the wall, who didnt move when we came out. I put Sal back in, and went to shoo the cat away - it didnt move, I picked it up, and felt a bit shivery. It has no tag on. I put the bin out about 15 minutes ago, and the cat had moved about a foot away from where I had put it.So, as its going to be about -10 degrees tonight, I have put it in a cat carrier, and it is now warming up in the kitchen. Sally is upstairs away from the little visitor.

Have I done the right thing? Would it be best if the cat stayed out, it may return to its home later tonight? Any advice?

Yes I think you did the right thing. If someone owns the cat they will have a fretful night but at least puss cat will be ok in the morning :flowers:

if that was my cat I would be very pleased someone had taken them in , if puss is unwell in any way and unable to get home the cold would finish him/her off

best to be safe rather than sorry and you can always pop up some found posters in the morning and call local vets etc if you are unsure puss is well enough to get home unaided

Glad to hear that Owl. My daughter tells me one of her neighbours went out on his tractor to go to Appernowle to get some ballast for the trailer, and he had to give up...on a tractor! It must be really bad over there. She is in a panic, they can't get their car out at all, and she's run out of food and milk. :mecry:

Oh heck, can you put her in touch with me? You have my number I think. Is there anyone in her house who could plod over to mine tomorrow, or meet me half way? I have a 2 pint carton of milk spare, can always use soya if I run out, got lots of that. I don't have bread but have oatcakes, porridge, butter, packets of rice, tinned rice puds, tinned ratatouille, soups, teabags, loo rolls ...

Well done, you are quite right. My mum's carer also has a stranded cat living in her kitchen away from her dogs. It's no night for a little animal to be out, and it may have got lost in the snow. I think the snow can disorient them sometimes.

All of my cats are inside right now, even Henning who is huge, has a coat like a bear and normally isn't bothered by cold, and I've got litter trays out for the Bungles as they really don't want to go out much at all when it's this cold.

If they were sitting outside in the snow not moving for hours I would definitely think they were ill (and if any of mine were out for hours in this weather I'd be out looking too)

Thank you for looking after poor cat, I hope he feels better in the morning.

Definitely done the right thing by the cat..it may be suffering from hypothermia, if you left it outside in the hopes it got home, you could find it dead in the morning, its best off with you in the warm. So kind of you to offer Owl, they are going out in the morning come what may..on foot.

My neighbour was walking to Tesco, I offered to go with her but she declined on the basis that the journey would be hard enough without me causing mayhem :ohmy:

I can report that walking frames do not act as a stabaliser in the snow, if anything the wheels act as mini snowplows till you find yourself all lopsided and sink slowly into the heap of snow that used to be the lawn.....

I was only there about an hour before said neighbour got back and spotted me - told her she should have taken me with her to keep an eye on me :laugh:

It was only when I re read that I realised you were on the walking frame. You are braver than me.

Morning. Had a carp night's sleep, still full of lurgy and have our Christmas party tonight. I really don't want to go but am under pressure from some peeps at work. I have hot water with manuka honey and lime juice.

My dad and stepmum are due back from America today going to Gatwick then here to Guernsey. Looks like they've got a longer holiday than planned!!

Not sure if Gatwick is open - one of our managers was due to fly back there yesterday but had to come back via Heathrow instead.

Crikey moses, it's cold this morning :bigtonstuck:

And we've had yet more snow. Sigh.

Trudi, you are bonkers :laughingsmiley:

Hope the cat is OK this morning Beady, I'd be so grateful if it was my cat you had taken in :flowers:

Alex, I hope you manage to get out of going out tonight.