UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad mecry.gif, why was she pts ?

Spud had another lump off today, he peed on me when I came to pick him up rolleyes.gif

Not microchipped, so didn't know who owners were, presume she ran out of time. I just feel so sorry for her, she is take away from the horrors of Afghanistan (where she had saved some soldiers lives by chasing away a suicide bomber), given a home and then back in kennels and PTS :mecry:

Spud :rolleyes: :laugh:

RMQ : Does anybody know what sort of bird this is? It was just in my neighbour's tree (excuse poor quality photo, I had to take it through the window cos I didn't want to disturb the birdie) :wub:

bird.jpg

RMF : I haven't done a huge amount of studying today, two days left so had better get really stuck in.

RMQ : Does anybody know what sort of bird this is? It was just in my neighbour's tree (excuse poor quality photo, I had to take it through the window cos I didn't want to disturb the birdie) :wub:

bird.jpg

Its one of the Finch family.

Could be Green finch, Chaffinch Gold Finch, Mrs Finch, Mr Finch

And its a Gold Finch cos I just checked. The look amazing when they fly with the gold flash across their wings

Edited by Trallwm farm

I just read that Target, one of the Nowzad dogs from Afghanistan, escaped her owners' garden and was taken to a Shelter where she was PTS :mecry:

So sad :mecry:

On a mercenary note, I hope we all get an extra day off work laugh.gif

that's the first thing i said when I heard :laugh:

Spud had another lump off today, he peed on me when I came to pick him up rolleyes.gif

Aaawww Spud, hope he feels better soon :wub:

I appear to have a bit of a social life :ohmy: I'm off to see Hazell O'Connor and Toyah Wilcox (and bizarrely, Vince hill! :unsure: ) Also some others in Leamington tonight. Proceeds go to the macmillan nurses. :biggrin:

I just read that Target, one of the Nowzad dogs from Afghanistan, escaped her owners' garden and was taken to a Shelter where she was PTS :mecry:

Not microchipped, so didn't know who owners were, presume she ran out of time. I just feel so sorry for her, she is take away from the horrors of Afghanistan (where she had saved some soldiers lives by chasing away a suicide bomber), given a home and then back in kennels and PTS

how tragic

Until I read this I really thought a microchip was a standard part of importing a dog into another country where it had to do time in quarantine but it appears reading Nowzads FB page that its up to the new owners to have the dog chipped which was not done in this case

wanna laff?

yesterday, went for a smear.

bottoms off, went to get on the table. it was so high,I couldnt get on it! I get on well with the nurse, she was trying to put the towel in front of me but im up and down, nearly got my arse on then slipped off again, we were wetting ourselves :laugh: :laugh:

eventually got on

Not microchipped, so didn't know who owners were, presume she ran out of time. I just feel so sorry for her, she is take away from the horrors of Afghanistan (where she had saved some soldiers lives by chasing away a suicide bomber), given a home and then back in kennels and PTS

mecry.gifangry.gif I don't get it, poor dog, I just don't get how she fell through the cracks like that , makes me wonder how hard the owners looked for her unsure.gif.

wanna laff?

bottoms off, went to get on the table. it was so high,I couldnt get on it! I get on well with the nurse, she was trying to put the towel in front of me but im up and down, nearly got my arse on then slipped off again, we were wetting ourselves :laugh: :laugh:

eventually got on

Jazz I want to cry, I went for one today they couldn't do it so I've got to repeat the whole process again later.:blush02:

mecry.gifangry.gif I don't get it, poor dog, I just don't get how she fell through the cracks like that , makes me wonder how hard the owners looked for her unsure.gif.

She was 'mistakenly' put down just before her owner arrived and a member of staff has been suspended

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1330088/Afghanistan-dog-hero-mistake-Arizona-animal-shelter.html

Owl remind me to take a photo of your old roof. They have stick down the ridge tiles and it looks like the builders small apprentice is buried under them.

They probably got a totally cr*p builder to do it for them. They refused a very reasonable estimate from my fave builder Ralph who is brilliant and knows everything. Including Norse culture and religion, the history of the Old West and all the Westerns which have ever been made, heaps about athletics and sports and gardening, also English and Welsh history and literature, and lots about archaeology including where to find the sites in West Wales where amazing finds were made by people digging quarries who kept it secret and covered it up so their work wasn't stopped. With a bit of luck and a metal detector you can still find Roman and Iron Age bling. How could you not want a man like that to mend your roof?

Have they still left the central heating flue sticking way up above the roof level to be battered by weather and attract lightning?

Poor Target, how dreadful :mecry:

They probably got a totally cr*p builder to do it for them. They refused a very reasonable estimate from my fave builder Ralph who is brilliant and knows everything. Including Norse culture and religion, the history of the Old West and all the Westerns which have ever been made, heaps about athletics and sports and gardening, also English and Welsh history and literature, and lots about archaeology including where to find the sites in West Wales where amazing finds were made by people digging quarries who kept it secret and covered it up so their work wasn't stopped. With a bit of luck and a metal detector you can still find Roman and Iron Age bling. How could you not want a man like that to mend your roof?

Have they still left the central heating flue sticking way up above the roof level to be battered by weather and attract lightning?

No they have finished the work...apparently. The have obviously missed the chance to find Norse history hidden in the rafters.

She was 'mistakenly' put down just before her owner arrived and a member of staff has been suspended

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1330088/Afghanistan-dog-hero-mistake-Arizona-animal-shelter.html

Utterly gutting

wanna laff?

I cannot imagine ever laughing at anything before a smear. :ohmy: Congratulations. :flowers:

Jazz I want to cry, I went for one today they couldn't do it so I've got to repeat the whole process again later.:blush02:

:GroupHug:

What a tragic waste. :mecry:

I cannot imagine ever laughing at anything before a smear. :ohmy: Congratulations. :flowers:

Think I've mentioned this before - one of the nurses at our surgery has a great sense of humour. She's put a poster of George Clooney on the ceiling above the couch where the smears are done.

She used to be a nurse in the Royal Navy and has had me in hysterics about some of the tattoos she's seen and where they were, including the long name of that Welsh village tattooed on a very private part of a sailor. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: