UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

House Move 1St Oct

owl

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phebe phoned me at 10.10pm to say she was nearly there and was going to see to the dogs then rest and bed. She is going to have an easy day today but knowing Phebe, she will be on here as soon as she can :laugh:

Have a lovely lie in this morning Phebe, yesterday was a long, tiring day for you, Polly and Whispa. :GroupHug:

Phebe phoned me at 10.10pm to say she was nearly there and was going to see to the dogs then rest and bed. She is going to have an easy day today but knowing Phebe, she will be on here as soon as she can :laugh:

Have a lovely lie in this morning Phebe, yesterday was a long, tiring day for you, Polly and Whispa. :GroupHug:

She was exhausted before she went so hopefully she will rest up for at least a few days,just watching the rabbits and enjoying the sunshine.

Hopefully you will be glad I made you put the phone and filter in your personal luggage but at some point try switching on your mobile. Its the 07973 one thats off before you ask.

That phone was on but had no signal in the old house. Both of them pick up here, so ok to call on either.

Moving was harder than expected because although the lads who came were very good, the senior man who assessed the move was rather optimistic and some things had to go into storage with friends or were given away to people helping. I will be leaving dogs with friend for a few days at a time convenient for her, then returning to Carmarthenshire and collecting all important things while giving away other stuff. Wispa as a house guest would not be an asset to the average sane household, but I'm lucky to have a friend up here with a very energetic dog of similar age who will happily wrestle with her all day.

Change of plan for where I sleep ... Polly can't cope with the very steep stairs. Even if she struggles up she can't get safely down, so I will have one of the two downstairs rooms as my bedroom. She has become much more dependent due to age and disability and usually has to go out at some point during the night. Upside down living for us then, especially as downstairs has no view and upstairs is really light and sunny and just right for a sitting room. I don't mind carrying Polly up and down stairs a couple of times a day, but doing it at 3 a.m. when I'm half-awake is not desirable.

Yesterday we explored part of the nearby wood. We only have to walk about 30 yards down the road before turning on to a track which ends in a footpath across arable fields to Stubbings Wood. No horses or cycles allowed, so we just have to watch out for joggers and I doubt if there will be many of those as it is quite rough and steep.

Altogether I am very happy with things here, and when the fencing is done will be even happier. Today we are driving over to see Mummy Owl who is really happy to have us so close.

When we moved to England from Scotland, with one child, our stuff went in a large pantechnicon.

When we moved back three year later, with two children, the same firm sent a normal size removal van. No way was it all going to fit in.

At lunchtime, the driver went down to the local pub, where any drivers that were in the area went for their lunch, and commandeered an empty van to come and help. They then took the stuff to the local depot to be transferred to a large van.

Enjoy your new house. It sounds great.