UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

House Move 1St Oct

owl

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The owners are getting someone in to do some grass cutting and some of the hedge trimming before we arrive, also some fencing. The front garden and drive will be outside the secure area, so that people can just drive in and not worry about gates. There has been a caravan in the front garden in the past so it must be possible to get one on again.

The house itself is an odd L-shaped design with rooms where you wouldn't expect them but I like unusual houses. It is scruffy but sound and was refurbished with a grant some years ago, hence the double glazing, central heating and shower.

The previous occupant, also a friend of the owners, may have been even more eccentric than me :ohmy: He has put an old bath in the shower cubicle. That is to say, the tap end is sitting on some blocks in the cubicle and the rest is sticking out of the cubicle, also on blocks. Perhaps he is tall, but I would need a step ladder to get into it. The owners have said they will remove it, which may be quite a task ... because he didn't just put a standard resin bath in there, it is a cast iron enamelled roll top one :rolleyes:

We're in Derbyshire too - near Crich - but I grew up in Chesterfield. At the moment, my garden looks similar to your new one too! :huh:

I hope you'll be very happy in your new home (preferably without the odd bath arrangement!) :laugh:

Edited by JoT