UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Just about to take Ben in for his scan, if anyone has spare, Be Ok thoughts going, please send them in the direction of a big daft hairy dog who could do with them this morning flowers.gif

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Good thoughts being sent Bens way :GroupHug:

Sam if i ever win the lottery i will remember you and dogstar :flowers:

:GroupHug: to those who need them :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: and good thoughts for Ben

:biggrin: Alex,well done

Going to collect a syrian hamster tonight :rolleyes: Hes 18mths old and free with his cage but has been known to bite. Hes been well looked after but the poor sod must be bored stiff , probably hence the attitude. Hes got a small cage[identical cage to the one our dwarf hamster came with] with shavings, small amount of bedding and his food and water, nothing else :( no wheel or anything to do. I'll try and get bigger cage asap but we can add plenty of toys etc to keep him happy.

Edited by collies r best

I'm a bit confused :unsure: It's easily done though :biggrin: Do you have a 'Max' in your household, or do you mean you took maximum painkillers for your shoulder? If it's the latter, is there no way you can have a week off? Constant pain is so wearing :GroupHug:

:laugh: Glad someone managed that for me this morning.

'Fraid it is me, not Max (what a Muppet eh?!) And I am sure it is me who has contributed to the confusion, not you!

Technically of course I could have a week off. However in terms of how I would feel leaving my colleague to cope with everything that is kicking off at work just now is something else - August really should not be as horrendously busy as this! However my boss now keeps asking how my shoulder is feeling and is asking me what "we are going to do about it". Third physio session tomorrow - so I will ask him (the physio that is - I'm becoming paranoid about writing rubbish) what he thinks. Just off out to buy a microwave heat pad thingy as suggested by my boss. I did point out that the only microwave in our house lives in the back of a wardrobe. She reminded me that we have one in the office which I can use! :rolleyes:

Is Ben back from his scan yet? Hope it went OK.

Have just had nightmare support call trying to unscramble something. Was left feeling a complete idiot. Am consoling myself that if that support person thinks I am an idiot, then *probably* the majority of his callers go away feeling even smaller than me.

I hate it when support people expect you to do something that they do 10 times a day, and you do once every three years, then become sarcastic when you fumble about and can't do it instantly. mecry.gif

My neighbour's escapologist staffie bitch has just turned up to demand a meal again. She has the most enormous nipples. I know she's unspayed. I have a horrible feeling she may be pregnant. :mecry:

Great, just what the world needs, more unwanted Staffie pups :(

I hate it when support people expect you to do something that they do 10 times a day, and you do once every three years, then become sarcastic when you fumble about and can't do it instantly. mecry.gif

What a dick :handjob

I am slowly losing patience with someone at a new supplier today. I have had to get the MD involved, which I don't like doing, but he accidentally sent me the email he meant to send to the person in charge of the person who is useless, so at least I know something is going to get done. I have been trying to sort it since first thing and having no joy.

Have just had nightmare support call trying to unscramble something. Was left feeling a complete idiot. Am consoling myself that if that support person thinks I am an idiot, then *probably* the majority of his callers go away feeling even smaller than me.

what a tit...hope somebody makes him feel the same one day and perhaps he might change his attitude :angry:

mrs B hope your shoulder is better soon :flowers:

hoping Ben and Jane are ok :flowers:

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifunsure.gif

Pretty much sums it all up rolleyes.gif

Bens innards looked perfectly normal on the scan, they had a look at his spleen for good measure and all is fine, however, they do want to repeat his bloods in about 3 weeks time, and do some sort of bile test, vet said a lot of dogs with Ben's blood results would be pretty ill, but as there was nothing wrong apart from the bloods then they would just wait and see what happens. I'm positive it was the Zubrin thats been the cause, once I stopped that he started to get better in a matter of days, but I suppose the vet needs to get as much money out of me as possible a good idea as to whats going on, if anything. So Ben's now on Tramadol , I shall be purchasing a baseball hat, shell suit and gold jewellery for him tomorrow laugh.gif, what I didn't get was that the vet ( not the one I normally see )said he'd be surprised if the Zubrin had caused the problem, then went on to say they had a few dogs on Tramadol that couldn't tolerate NSAID's, well if the Zubrin didn't cause any problems why were they on Tramadol unsure.gif. I now need to buy Ben some sort of tummy wig to cover up his big shaved bits laugh.gif

Thank you so much for all the Be Ok wishes, they obviously did the trick flowers.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifunsure.gif

Pretty much sums it all up rolleyes.gif

Bens innards looked perfectly normal on the scan, they had a look at his spleen for good measure and all is fine, however, they do want to repeat his bloods in about 3 weeks time, and do some sort of bile test, vet said a lot of dogs with Ben's blood results would be pretty ill, but as there was nothing wrong apart from the bloods then they would just wait and see what happens. I'm positive it was the Zubrin thats been the cause, once I stopped that he started to get better in a matter of days, but I suppose the vet needs to get as much money out of me as possible a good idea as to whats going on, if anything. So Ben's now on Tramadol , I shall be purchasing a baseball hat, shell suit and gold jewellery for him tomorrow laugh.gif, what I didn't get was that the vet ( not the one I normally see )said he'd be surprised if the Zubrin had caused the problem, then went on to say they had a few dogs on Tramadol that couldn't tolerate NSAID's, well if the Zubrin didn't cause any problems why were they on Tramadol unsure.gif. I now need to buy Ben some sort of tummy wig to cover up his big shaved bits laugh.gif

Thank you so much for all the Be Ok wishes, they obviously did the trick flowers.gif

:biggrin: :biggrin: glad the big lad is o.k, Ben might be a bit "odd" on the tramadol.... it makes laney a bit spaced out :laugh:

what I didn't get was that the vet ( not the one I normally see )said he'd be surprised if the Zubrin had caused the problem, then went on to say they had a few dogs on Tramadol that couldn't tolerate NSAID's, well if the Zubrin didn't cause any problems why were they on Tramadol unsure.gif.

Your vet sounds like a twin to our Martin the Useless Vet. That's exactly the sort of thing he says, and when you try to get him to explain himself he gets all in a grump and can't. laugh.gif

I now try to avoid MTUV for anything more complex than vaccinations and repeat prescription checks.

Though I did get MTUV the other day by accident for Perl's attack of the runs, and he seems to have developed a new tactic: rather than suggesting treatments, he asks me what I want him to prescribe. Which is not really the idea of a visit to the vet to my mind, I think he's supposed to tell ME what the animal needs! rolleyes.gif

Is Ben back from his scan yet? Hope it went OK.

maybe he has a 1 inch willy , a defective personally and is missing the charm gene , this sort of behaviour might help mask those inadequacies for a few minutes each day or it might be how he gets his kicks

Either way I think you are great and you gave techie support when I knackered the Dogstar website so you are clearly the much better person flowers.gif

Really pleased Bens okay , can echo the warning that some dogs do get a bit space cadet like on Tramadol , I understand from my Sri Lanka Vets they can taste bitter to dogs and we found hiding them in cheese triangles works really well