UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Snow!

merledogs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walked up to the main road - not sure if its been gritted but the few cars I saw were going very slowly. Have texted work to say I'll leave it an hour and then see what its like. Althogh I'm only 1.5 miles away, last year the main A4 was shut at the roundabout at the end of my road.

My milkman has delivered bread and milk this morning, bless him. :flowers:

At least I know my eldery eighbours have some essentials.

We can't move the car off our drive, the slope outside our house and the estate road are just pure ice. When OH came home from work last night he got the pickup three parts the way up the slope then slid right back again and hit the kerb on the opposite side of the road! Thank goodness no one drove round the corner while that happened.

......and its snowing again :(

Our neighbours didn't make it home last night - I'd cleared and salted the lane and drive so they could get in, but I think they must have decided that the road through the village was too risky. They have relatives down in Saltash where it's clearer so I assume they are there!

I tried to take some snowy pics of dogs & cats earlier, but I think I should have used the flash, they are mostly streaks through a winter wonderland!

Still snowing down here in Cornwall - about a couple of inches here now I think, but apparently up on Dartmoor there's piles of it. :ohmy: Won't be leaving the village today, I think. Nobody with any sense is going to try the lanes in this lot.

Edited by cycas

This is what we woke up to this morning :)

As OH has taken the 4x4 I have decided not to venture out in my car today, first time I have ever not gone to work due to weather, feel like a bit of a sciver but walked down to the main road and its deserted and very icy!

DSCN1985.jpg

Snow.jpg

A couple of inches last night, and we are expected to reach one degree above today with sunshine at noon, so hope to get up the road with Wispa then. It's bitterly cold in the house though, and I'm keeping the central heating at minimum to make the oil last as long as poss. So I'm afraid I'm spending a lot of time in bed because it's the warmest place especially with the electric blanket on and with the dogs cuddled up next to me. Is that very lazy and sloppy? Or is it just being sensible? :unsure:

Glad your OH and vehicle escaped damage, Lizzie.

I hope suzeanna's OH made it home OK last night.

Oh thanks Owl :flowers: Yes he did..took longer than normal, but our Micra is great in snow, unlike the Sierra estate we used to have. Anything remotely slippery and the back started coming round to meet the front! We had more snow last night, but not too much and apart from a struggle to get off our drive, he got to work ok.

I think you are very sensible to stay in bed, it's what they recommend..heat one room of the house and stay in it! if that's the bedroom, it's perfectly logical to stay in the bed :laugh: