UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Snow!

merledogs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pics taken a couple of days ago ...

snow5.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow4.jpg

6-12.jpg

This was taken this morning - as you can see a) it is still as deep as ever and b) the dogs have turned it yellow laugh.gif

snow1.jpg

It is sunny at the moment but there are a few ickle flakes coming down, with more forecast later. Am off out to have fun in the snow with the dogs shortly.

Tiny bit more snow here, but nothing compared to what the south east is in for, Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for everyone affected.

Now all the councils are running out of grit, as if it wasn't bad enough already, what I don't get is why aren't they looking at alternatives, a few years ago Edinburgh council tried a sugar based grit, there's been no mention of that, I've been using crushed oyster shell round my bit of pavement and it's worked very well, it doesn't get rid of the snow or ice but it does give you grip.

Now all the councils are running out of grit, as if it wasn't bad enough already, what I don't get is why aren't they looking at alternatives, a few years ago Edinburgh council tried a sugar based grit, there's been no mention of that, I've been using crushed oyster shell round my bit of pavement and it's worked very well, it doesn't get rid of the snow or ice but it does give you grip.

Have seen something on the news about using crushed dishwasher tablets and also cat litter as alternatives to salt/ grit for smaller areas - paths, steps etc

My link