UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

Hello :wavey: I'm sorry I'm not here much at the moment, my get up and post on the refuge seems to have gone :unsure: Big :GroupHug: 's to all in need.

In fact my get up and post has gone so far away I can't summon the energy to do my decorations this year :mecry: I'm sure there is someone else that can live up to Festive Guru this year and I can reclaim it next year :rolleyes:

I don't need hugs at all, its just I have things going on that I can't talk about, that are good, but worrying also :rolleyes:

But want everyone to know I'm thinking of them and reading every now and again :biggrin:

:wavey: Evening all

:wavey: Hello Mindy :flowers:

:GroupHug: Jemima

Sorry to hear about Honey :( :GroupHug: Jodie

We went to see A Christmas Carol at the cinema today, it was fab :biggrin:

:pinkie: I have got a job until Christmas :biggrin: In Marks and Spencers Food Hall, working four mornings - I am not just Gemstone, I am Marks and Spencers Gemstone!! :laugh:

Congrats Julia :flowers:

My friend Eddie has also got a job at long last, a few weeks but may be longer, at the Citylink parcels depot.

We have had a good day or two on Doglost with several missing border collies turning up. One (Sue) has just been trapped after running loose for just over 3 months. She is pleased to be home. Another was in a Landrover which was stolen a few days ago. She was chucked out 30 miles from home, and made her way to a farm where she just moved in and made herself useful working the sheep. :wub:

Wispa and I went for a brisk walk on Pembrey beach, rather deserted but we were pleased to find our pal Jasper the lab with his mum, so Wispa had someone to run around with. She did chase some gulls into the water but rushed out pdq and had a good shake. A bit too chilly even for her. The wind has started again so hopefully it will drown out any noise from the hamster wheels tonight.

We have had a good day or two on Doglost with several missing border collies turning up. One (Sue) has just been trapped after running loose for just over 3 months. She is pleased to be home. Another was in a Landrover which was stolen a few days ago. She was chucked out 30 miles from home, and made her way to a farm where she just moved in and made herself useful working the sheep. :wub:

Lovely news, their owners must be so relieved. The Doglost team are marvellous. Earlier today I was just thinking about a Doglost lurcher who went missing in my neck of the woods, it must be his second anniversary now. So sad to never know what became of them.

Well done job finders Julia and Eddie :flowers:

Poor Jodie :GroupHug: Sleep tight little Honey piggie :wub:

Pleased Eddie has got a job. :flowers: Very good news that a few more lost dogs have been reunited with their families. Doglost are fab.

I'm watching you know what on my own as Martyn has gone round to a mates. I had to cook my own tea tut. It's just started raining here and has suddenly gone very cold.

Congratulations to Julia and Michelle and Eddie on the new jobs :biggrin: :flowers:

Amy, lovely photo. You mum will be well chuffed! Louie surely is a super model :wub:

Alex, lovely table and chairs. Is there anything else you need now? :laugh:

Jules, good news about the work saga but sorry to hear about Jemima. Good thoughts sent for her. :GroupHug:

CRB, sorry to hear about Honey. How awful for Jodie on her birthday too. :GroupHug:

Well done to the doglost team. They are all truly fantastic! :flowers:

Life is not improving at work and I now have teenager troubles too. :rolleyes: I think I might just run away if doglost promise not to find me! :laugh: Anyone got a nice comfy barn going begging?

Morning :tired:

On thursday it was Jodies 9th birthday and her guinea pig Honey decided to collapse and be very poorly. Sadly he died this morning

For you and Jodie :GroupHug:

I don't need hugs at all, its just I have things going on that I can't talk about, that are good, but worrying also

I hope your worries are unfounded :flowers:

I have got a job until Christmas In Marks and Spencers Food Hall, working four mornings

Congratulations :pinkie:

My friend Eddie has also got a job at long last, a few weeks but may be longer, at the Citylink parcels depot.

We have had a good day or two on Doglost with several missing border collies turning up. One (Sue) has just been trapped after running loose for just over 3 months. She is pleased to be home. Another was in a Landrover which was stolen a few days ago. She was chucked out 30 miles from home, and made her way to a farm where she just moved in and made herself useful working the sheep.

Congrats to Eddie :flowers: and fab news about the BCs :flowers:

Alex, lovely table and chairs. Is there anything else you need now?

Life is not improving at work and I now have teenager troubles too.

Well I do need a hall table and a side table for next to the sofa :D There is a matching pair on eBay which ends today but again it's down south and I haven't decided whether to bid or not yet cos the price isn't cheap and I'd need to sort another courier.

RMF : I put a supersoft throw across the bed last night and Taffy immediately jumped on and had a good old roll around on his back, so he obviously approved :wub: Then this morning he came and lay on the pillow next to me and we had a luffly game of 'wis widdle piggies' (aka this little piggy) :laugh::wub:

Morning :wavey:

Finished work at 1am, so not too late for a wedding. Lovely people except for one very stroppy guest who accused everyone (staff and guests) of having stolen her cardigan :unsure: Turned out it was under a jacket on the back of a chair :rolleyes:

Horrid weather here today but I'm off to do a follow up visit this morning for a family in Trowbridge who adopted a Labrador :biggrin:

Can we have pics of new chicks please (if it's not too distressing for them)? :flowers:

RMF : I have been given some Argos vouchers so am off to Argos later to buy a new camera. I got given a new Samsung compact one earlier this year but I am not impressed with it, with the result that I have stopped taking as many pics. Prior to that I had a Canon Powershot (have had Canons for years) which I loved, so I have gone for a Canon again, the Ixus 980 SIwhich has great reviews. I did consider a DSLR but I am too lazy to be faffed working out all the settings and buttons, so went for the next best thing.

Morning :)

Mindy :flowers: Thinking of you and if you're up here doing family type things then kitten cuddles aplenty on offer here (although you might want to bring a gas mask :huh: )

Some people I know have just got a rescue dog and are using Caesar Milan training ideas ie dominance type stuff and it's making me cringe when they tell me about it.I've tried telling them I don't think it's very good way of training a badly treated rescue dog but I think it's falling on deaf ears.He's a real cutie pie too.