UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

morning all :wavey: i spent all day yesterday hemming curtains and making new seat cushion covers for the settee (to hide the bits that pickle teethed on :rolleyes: )

i thought id go for giraffe print for a laff and ended up with enough fabric left to cover the dogs feather bed too, as you can see henry is quite impressed :wub:

henrygiraffe.jpg

henrysleepygiraffe.jpg

I luffs Henry :wub:

Sorry to hear things are difficult, safneo. If you do find a nice cosy barn to hide in, stay away from the big cage with the smelly pilchards or tripe inside :laugh:

Hamster activity was well soundproofed last night, but Wispa woke up and barked (not loudly thank goodness) because she now knows that barking in the night gets my immediate attention. We had one legit request to go outside, and 3 where she just woke up and felt like waking me as well. So I am still a bit the worse for wear :angry:

Great photo, Amy.

Morning

Wet and cold here. Have just come back from walking Fergus to be told Martyn has been stuck on the phone for ages. A woman from Warrington has a 3 month old Boxer they paid £300 for. Her labrador has attacked it so she needs it to go somewhere. Did he know of any Boxer rescues. He looked on the internet and gave her some numbers to try. He then couldn't get her off the phone. Her friend had given her our number. I strongly suspect the friend is someone I was supposed to be doing a homecheck for last week who couldn't be bothered to wait a few days and had already got one from somewhere else when I phoned her. She insisted that as I'm involved in rescue we could take the dog in instead. Martyn explained we deal with older dogs only then she said I can hear you have a dog in the background you could take him. Martyn tried to give her some tips on what to do with both dogs and she wasn't interested. I hope that she does bother to ring the rescue numbers he gave her as she is obviously prepared to just hand this dog to anyone who will take him. :angry:

Loving Amy's & Henry's pics. :wub:

Andrea I hope teenager decides to stay in bedroom all day or go out somewhere so you can have a break. :GroupHug:

Wendy I hope the lady apologised but doubt she probably did.

Wiggle and I are home again after our little trip out. Visited the family who adopted one of our dogs and he's getting on great. Then we went on to Bradford on Avon for a VERY wet walk. Thankfully I'd taken my waterproof overtrousers as the heavens opened just as I parked the car.

Fortunately Wiggle didn't care and did lots of running around and swimming and is now drying off in his Equafleece :biggrin: Sir H was glad that when he went out for his lunchtime walk when we got back it had stopped raining :laugh:

Cooking roast lamb now for me and the boys :biggrin:

That's nice, Mindy.

Thanks for the baby chick pics, phoebejo. I must have incubated dozens in poultry-keeping days, but I never get over being really soppy about the little mites :wub: Do you find the first one to get fluffed up and go in the brooder makes a non-stop racket until it is joined by the next one?

I tend to leave them in the incubator for around 24 hours before moving them so they've got company. And that way I don't have to open the incubator often. Then they all shout and scream when they go in the brooder for the first time but soon quieten down once they realise it's warm and there is food & water. The noisy ones tend to be boys and that big fat Marans is very loud :laugh:

I had quite a small basic incubator and had problems with active chicks jumping all over the hatching and recovering ones. Usually I could wait until at least 2 were ready to be moved, but sometimes there was one who was 24 hrs ahead of the others and running round and shouting. :rolleyes: I did try putting a soft toy in the brooder to snuggle up to but it didn't have much chick type conversation.

Just got a text from Gillian who has adopted the Cardiff 3. They are settling in very well, and eating huge amounts.