UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

Morning :wacko: :sleep: I appear to have done an emergency transport run before breakfast.

Now to spend a bit of time with my girls on the mountain, then a swarm of hamsters are arriving early afternoon :ohmy: but most of them will be picked up by Rhydown rodent rescue this eve. Then as from tomorrow morning walk, I get an extra dog for a week, Wispa's best friend Stevie :woof: It will be fun. At least, it will be for Wispa. Whether everyone else will feel the same way after a week is another matter. At least Stevie is one of the few dogs who can boss her around, so if she gets a bit too much he will tell her.

Alex, so sorry :GroupHug: So much tragedy in one family.

Welcome back, tiks.

Alex what a time you and your family are having. I am thinking of you :GroupHug:

Our eggs come from a small holding belonging to friends of Ruby's. I now use the chicken thread here to identify the type of chicken that the eggs come from depending on the eggshell colour :biggrin:

Morning :flowers:

Been a bit self - absorbed lately, so haven't kept up properly. :GroupHug: :flowers: to all in need.

We've just come back from a lovely walk on the common near us with a neighbour and his dog, Jack. :wub: (that's for the dog, not the neighbour!)Some other neighbours were there too and it was quite sociable. At least it's within walking distance, still can't trust the car and it is booked into the main dealer yet again on Monday. :rolleyes:

I had a thought today. I try not to have them lol

I have never bought myself a duvet set. Its always second hand, or mother will buy me the odd set. They are the colour I want, but not exactly what I want.

I have just been given a load of stuff to look through and pass what I dont want onto charity. There is a gorgeous duvet set that ive washed and put on my bed, its just what ive wanted, but its really old and bobbly.

So, im going to take a deep breathe, and this week, go and buy a new set, just for me. Im going to try and stop myself shouting 'how much'! as thinking about it, the last lot I bought, was for the boys in their first beds. They are now 19 and 21 ...

so ..... the best places please, online and actual shops

I had a thought today. I try not to have them lol

I have never bought myself a duvet set. Its always second hand, or mother will buy me the odd set. They are the colour I want, but not exactly what I want.

I have just been given a load of stuff to look through and pass what I dont want onto charity. There is a gorgeous duvet set that ive washed and put on my bed, its just what ive wanted, but its really old and bobbly.

So, im going to take a deep breathe, and this week, go and buy a new set, just for me. Im going to try and stop myself shouting 'how much'! as thinking about it, the last lot I bought, was for the boys in their first beds. They are now 19 and 21 ...

Both Tesco & Argos do very reasonable duvet sets - I've found that its not the duvet sets that make me go "how much??????" it's the price of the flat sheet or fitted sheets to match and the extra pillow cases wacko.gif

Dunelm Mills are really really good especially if they have a sale on and will have all the sheets and pillowcases to match as well in their budget range.

We were the same with the 2nd hand sets, my mum is forever changing hers and whilst theyd be excellent quality (far better than anything I'd pay) and maybe only used a couple of times they were still "not new" or my choice, so I got quite excited when I bought my first sets - and that was only last year laugh.gif

Depends what you are after. I like my cotton to be at least 400 thread count. Egyptian cotton is nice and King of Cotton prices are reasonable (I have a 600 TC set from there but the colours are limited to cream or white), but Supima Cotton is even better and I have this set from Debenhams (which is much better in the flesh, see pic below) :flowers:

2-22.jpg

Alternatively, have a look on the QVC website and on eBay for Northern Nights bedding, which is supposed to be really nice (and they do Supima cotton sets as well in different colours) :flowers:

It is worth investing in a higher thread count, it will last much longer than an ordinary set (but would recommend plain as it will last that long that you might go off it if it's patterned).

Edited by merledogs

Our eggs come from a small holding belonging to friends of Ruby's. I now use the chicken thread here to identify the type of chicken that the eggs come from depending on the eggshell colour :biggrin:

I've no trouble at all identifying who laid our egg. Yes, egg, singular :rolleyes: Only Eliza is bothering to lay these past few days. A lot of ladies have retired, some are on a winter break, a lot are moulting therefore are not laying, some are still too young and some are boys so they can't :laugh: I'm feeding 41 chickens and they reward me with ONE EGG!

I've no trouble at all identifying who laid our egg. Yes, egg, singular :rolleyes: Only Eliza is bothering to lay these past few days. A lot of ladies have retired, some are on a winter break, a lot are moulting therefore are not laying, some are still too young and some are boys so they can't :laugh: I'm feeding 41 chickens and they reward me with ONE EGG!

Ungrateful little wretches :laugh: Maybe if you take the tin foil outside and wave it at them they will get back to egg production pretty sharpish :wink:

I would love to know what Sammy Dog is dreaming about. He is laying on the sofa next to me, legs twitching, eyes flickering and nose twitching. Tessa on the other hand is on the other sofa snoring her head off.

:wub: :wub:

Sir H is the dreamer here - for a dog who does so little when he's awake, he certainly makes up for it with noisy, twitchy, kicking legs in his sleep :laugh:

RMF: We're back from a very lovely walk at Westonbirt. As I thought, it was very busy there - packed full of cars by the time we left. Timed our arrival well as the stewards directed me to park next to Elaine :laugh:

Just sorting out a few photo's :cool: