UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Alex sorry you've had bad news. :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Bejo family.

I've got 1 door painted and it's got on my nerves so I've given up before I got paint everywhere. I was doing a dab hand of getting it elsewhere as it was but have cleaned it up. I hate doing doors and frames. Doesn't help that I'm colour blind and can't see if I've done some bits or not. Am just having cheese & crackers and a mug of tea. First thing I've had to eat all day which probably hasn't helped my patience.

:wavey: Stupidly busy day at work today, we served 50 covers between 12.30pm and 3pm which is the busiest the clubhouse has ever been on an ordinary Sunday.

The general manager came in for a coffee as he'd been at the house (Bowood) for the game fair, overseeing things. He said everything was going really well and I mentioned that I'd like to go but wasn't going to pay £8 to get in as I wouldn't get there til gone 3pm. Not a problem, he said. Gave me his mobile number and told me to go up after work and call him when I got there.

Rushed home, got changed, got Wiggle and went up to the house. Called the manager and next thing, I heard him on the walkie talkie to the chaps at the entrance teling them a member of his staff was there and to let me in :biggrin:

After having had so many busy days at work, it's nice to get the odd perk now and again :cool: Wiggle and I had a wander around, bought my mum's birthday present and came home again.

Amy - what sort of stuff do you want for the tombola - I have stacks here and could make you up a parcel :flowers:

Tend to mixture of bits and pieces. Prizes i have left include couple of bandanas, a teddy, pair of binoculars and a photoframe.

:GroupHug: for Alex & Millie

another :GroupHug: for the Bejo family

:GroupHug: for Alex and Cheryl :GroupHug:

Sorry we missed you at Bowood Wendy :( Rob had just got the car started ready to go (after we had spent about 5 minutes in the heat looking for it :blush:), Mins was starting to get hot and we had to get back for the others. Had a really good day, saw lots of lovely dogs - and would definitely go again. They were very lucky with the weather considering how it has been! Really hope the sunshine lasts through next weekend!

We ran out of pennies but I wanted to get something for the dogs, so I asked one of the sausage stalls how much one sausage was and explained it was for the dogs. I think maybe he thought I was a little mad :laugh:. We think we moved into an alternate universe though as we walked around one food tent several times looking for the Cheesecake Co and neither of us saw it, went back again after someone told us where it was and there was a big cheesecake banner. We're sure it hadn't been there before! Sadly the cheesecake wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped, I should have clung onto the dream of it being the perfect cheesecake.

Tend to mixture of bits and pieces. Prizes i have left include couple of bandanas, a teddy, pair of binoculars and a photoframe.

Amy, your random prizes made me chuckle :laugh:

PM me your address and how many prizes-ish you are looking for (otherwise I will inundate you with stuff :ohmy: ), I might not be able to get to a post office til next weekend, but I have a fine selection of all sorts of wondrous things that you are more than welcome to :flowers:

After the shock of my noo glasses, I have spent the afternoon walking the dogs - Dex had his first non boot walk this afternoon and enjoyed himself so much. I still can't let him offlead to run riot, but he had a gallop on his long line. Cleaned out all small furry things and generally chilled out with the chooks. I've discovered that Angel is so badly named, she's the ringleader of the let's bully Posy gang.

I had an omlette for lunch from my girls' eggs followed by an apple off my tree. Felt a bit like Barbara from the Good Life :D