UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

roll on 2010-im sick of this year-and death & dying

OH best mate is now in hosp following heart attack.

OH sister-going in tomorrow for major surgery for ovarian cancer...prognosis at best guarded

i know its incredibly ME ME ME: but im starting to feel like a damned professional funeral attender: this year im in double figures for attending funerals......its only August for crying out loud

fee

So sorry Fee :GroupHug: You don't sound ME ME ME at all. Just devastated at all the sad deaths and ill family and friends you've had to cope with. :GroupHug: Thinking of you

Fee, we all deserve a "ME" moment - and definitely sounds as if you deserve one. :GroupHug:

Alicia, Mags and Mel, here's hoping you're fit and up and running around soon (and anyone else I have rudely missed).

You know how you have transferred aggression in dogs ................ do you think you can have transferred achy bits in humans? .............. It's just that I'm feeling remarkably OK after a rather over enthusiastic gym session on Monday, which everyone agrees was w-a-y too much - so now I'm feeling guilty I've passed all my aches and strains on to Fugees.

Speaking of which, I need to go and have a discussion with my HRM - it said I had no beating heart today. :wacko:

Oh, and a few "please cool quickly cakes" thoughts could do to come this way - I am waiting for my orange cakes to cool so I can coat them with chocolate before bedtime - so I can pack one to take to someone tomorrow.

Is that enough waffling for one day?

'Disgraced' myself in front of the kids tonight :rolleyes: was watching seaside rescue on bbc 1 when the helicopter was rescuing some people cut off by the tide. Suddenly the pilot said theres a dog on the cliffs, they went back and rescued it a terrified border collie with a broken leg. Well that was me bawling my eyes out :mecry: Turns out the dog had been missing for a week and had to have the broken leg amputated. People can have all sort of injuries etc and it doesnt bother me but that poor dog :( At least he was reunited with his owner immediately, shes a veterinary nurse at the vets he was rushed to!

:GroupHug: fee.

Edited by collies r best

I'll probably watch it on iPlayer and be just as bad!

My friend's son, who was out of work for ages and finally got a job, has handed in his notice. For the past 5 weeks he has worked a 12 hr shift 6-6 for 7 days a week. That is 5 84-hr weeks with no days off at all, doing very precise work and handling power tools. On Sunday morning he was exhausted and overslept, arriving at work half an hour late. Boss rang his home at 6.20, was assured by my friend that her son was on his way, and proceeded to be quite nasty to her. Boss, who owes this young man 3 weeks wages, threatened to sack him, but was handed a resignation instead. Who can blame the lad? I'm not up on factory/workshop law but isn't it illegal to make someone work those hours for 5 weeks?

God that's horrendous Phebe, poor lad, I don't blame him for quitting either. I suspect sadly some companies are taking advantage of the recession and people's worry about not finding other jobs and using the time to treat them like cr@p/make them work longer hours/take less pay etc. I'm not sure about working hour laws but that doesn't sound right :(

I'm not up on factory/workshop law but isn't it illegal to make someone work those hours for 5 weeks?

Yes!

I'm not as up to speed as I used to be, but the first thing would be that he would have to have opted out of the Working Time Regulations, as he's working more than 48 hours a week. Perhaps the boss persuaded him to sign to opt out though?

I'd have to look up/ask re day's off. He's getting a 12 hour break between shifts - which is legal (think the minimum is 8?)

Anyway, no doubt you'll get a proper response come along instead of my babblings!

Oh Gawd - I've clicked on something on "What's on your mind" and now it says Spins4me what's on your mind?

Dunno what I've done. I knew clicking on random buttons just isn't a good thing.

My house is filthy but I can't be ar**d to do anything about it.

Oh Gawd - I've clicked on something on "What's on your mind" and now it says Spins4me what's on your mind?

Dunno what I've done. I knew clicking on random buttons just isn't a good thing.

You're meant to type something in the box and then click on the thing, so that what you say becomes your "status" - like facebook, though it sounds as though you probably don't use facebook? I was wondering why so many people's status had been reading "what's on your mind?" and now I know :laugh:

You're meant to type something in the box and then click on the thing, so that what you say becomes your "status" - like facebook, though it sounds as though you probably don't use facebook? I was wondering why so many people's status had been reading "what's on your mind?" and now I know :laugh:

OHHHH! Is that what it's for? I need the instructions. :laugh: You're right about facebook, I don't use it, am I missing out on a deep and meaningful experience? :unsure: