UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

can anybody name any trees bushes that i can plant to attract the butterflys next year?

I just left one quiet end of the garden alone and let the weeds and the nettles go wild :laugh: It attracts a lot of butterflies and bees and didnt cost me a bean :laugh:

[quote name='Jacobean' date='09 August 2009 - 05:26 PM' Doesn't help that I'm colour blind and can't see if I've done some bits or not.

Yessssssss. There is another person out there who's colour blind and finds "normal" stuff challenging.

Now I've quoted that I will have to post it to find out what everyone else has been RMF-ing about.

I have spent a long long time today, messing around Photobucket with lots and lots and lots of holiday photos. Fond memories. :)

More waffle practise is required MrsB. :laugh: Although you will notice I don't quote often cos I have haxidents with it.

My hands are covered in paint despite trying to scrub it off and numerous washes. I've just had a bitter shandy. Haven't had one of them for years and it didn't hit the sides.

Realised earlier we adopted Scoobs on 5th August last year. He is now firmly a Weber. He's a little star and I loves him :wub:

Apologies, I have no smilies.

Alex, sorry that you havent had good news from the vet. :-( It's possible that not only is Beau missing Millie, but picking up on your worry. Hopefully things will sort themselves out ((hugs))

The phone rang.... No teenager could be bothered to answer it so I got up... Kenza nicked my tea :glare:

Didn't you nick one of their tea? At least they could have made you something.

Buddliea (spelling might be dodgy?) aka the butterfly bush :flowers:

I was just saying today that I want to plant some buddliea (sp) but not sure if it will grow in a tub as we want to take it when we move.

:biggrin: 5 weeks = 1 stone :biggrin:

Well done Cheryl. Is that another added bonus from kennel work? lol

RMF, me and OH went to town yesterday and went for lunch. I ordered a mushroom quiche and potato salad. The food took a while to come and I was really hungry. Shovelled some into my mouth and thought it wasnt right. They had only bloody sent me a quiche lorraine instead of the veggie one I ordered! OH tried it for me cos I thought I was being silly and mistaking the olives that we in it for bacon bits. I nearly puked! They were very apologetic and quickly brought out a replacement of the correct one. I couldnt eat anything so left it. The manager came over to apologise and told us to forget the bill, so we had starter, 3 drinks each and OH had his lunch for nothing. Dont think I can ever eat quiche again though!

For my birthday (50th), my mum and daughter bought me a spa day at the St Davids hotel (5 star). I went there today and had a great time. Lovely quiet swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, fantastic massage chairs, lovely lunch, massage and manicure. Definately how the other half lives!

Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing brithday treat lazydaisy :flowers:

First day of my week off today. OH is despatched to London for the week and the world is my lobster :biggrin:

Alex, I missed your post about Beau and the scrapping yesterday. I hope they have all calmed down a bit today :flowers:

Andrea, you can get dwarf buddleias (sp) that should grow in a biggish pot. I found some on this mail order site: Buddleia There are some on ebay too.