UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal Not Well

BillyMalc

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mal doesn't seem to take too well to the cv247 unfortunately. I think the problem lies in the fact that it needs to be given before a meal. Mal's "meals" these days consist of a couple of spoonfuls Nature's Menu (Nature's Diet is too dry for him, and he doesn't eat it - I think it's the lack of jelly) with some hot water added, which I usually have to start feeding him by hand before he licks the rest of the bowl. This might just not be enough for the cv247, and he brings the lot back up. However, if I give him more food then, providing that he'll eat it in the first place, his stomach can't digest it in time and he throws it back up as well. This morning however, I've given him a few spoonfuls before his walk, with the cv247, and then a few spoonfuls after and, fingers crossed, so far he's kept it down.

Other than that Mal has now taken to lying in the yard - in the grottiest patch there is - something he has never done before for any length of time. He's got hs eyes open n all, and he appears really alert, just doesn't seem to have the energy to move ... :(

Houndwoman - or anyone else with cv247 experience - would you know anything about giving prednisolone together with cv247? I know that John Carter wanted the dogs to be drug free, so after talking to my vet I've taken Mal off it, but I think that the prednisolone actually did make a difference. :unsure:

I know it's not ideal using preds as John Carter used to say but needs must at times so do it if you have to.

Jan is on preds still with CV247 as her problem was that her appetite was waning but at least the preds will get them eating again so it is really the only way sometimes.

If it gets him eating better Billy then do it. Our vet seems quite happy for Jan to continue as she is :)

:GroupHug: for you and Mal.

Malcolm seems so very tired. I just about got some cv247 in him and a tiny bit of liver, but that was it. He doesn't want to go out and he seems so very tired right now. I've asked Vashti to do a reading for Mal and I think he's told me that it is time to let go. I don't think he wants me to fight anymore, to think positive and hoping that he'll pull through. I'm in bits and devastated, but if Mal doesn't want to carry on then it's not fair to try and force him to. :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Malcolm seems so very tired. I just about got some cv247 in him and a tiny bit of liver, but that was it. He doesn't want to go out and he seems so very tired right now. I've asked Vashti to do a reading for Mal and I think he's told me that it is time to let go. I don't think he wants me to fight anymore, to think positive and hoping that he'll pull through. I'm in bits and devastated, but if Mal doesn't want to carry on then it's not fair to try and force him to. :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm so sorry. :GroupHug: Letting him go gently and quietly is the last loving thing you can do for him. I'll be thinking of you both today. :GroupHug: