UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal Not Well

BillyMalc

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here she is - Carole emailed for the first time in ages and sent me here, so here I am.

Billy, I'm so sorry you're going through this, I'll send Mal all the Reiki he'd like and for you too if you'd like any.

I didn't realise you're not keen on Homeopathy but if you're willing to consider it, and can find a good Homeopathic/Holistic Vet, they may well be able to help. I discovered recently that Chris Day who is probably the best Holistic Vet in UK will do a video consult if you're interested. Will see if I can find the link later.

Milk thistle - the drops can be put in a little boiling water and the alcohol will evaporate off if you really don't want him to have it. The tincture I feel is purer and better as it's pure herb and alcohol. You may also be able to get it made with glycerine or I "might" still have some Milk Thistle herb and could make it for you if you want? I'll check in a while if I have any left. Due to my own problems with fillers etc in tablets I'm not keen on tablets nowadays.

The liver can actually repair itself and Milk Thistle can help it do so. Obviously if there's a tumour, it's a little trickier.

We are all healers, just that most of us don't recognise the fact. Carole, I believe that's what I said rather than that we can all do Reiki. Reiki is a specific frequency, there are many healing frequencies, just like radio stations or types of chocolate. Look at a mother with a youngster - what does she do when kid falls? She kisses it better and most of the time kid is better after a cuddle and a kiss. It took me till way after I'd been attuned to Reiki to realise I'd always been a healer. I guess I also needed the attunement to believe in myself. Billy, you certainly gave Mal healing the other night - he needed and you responded. Continue to do it, just cuddle him, love him, intend to help him in whatever way you can. The Margrit Coates book is great for a beginner to the idea of healing. Healing is love.

Hang in there, you're doing just fine, you're the person Mal needs to go through this with him whatever the outcome. Sadly at some point he will have to move on to pastures new and when he does he will need your blessing. That is the hardest part about loving them. It took me a very long time to be able to let my Hannah go and I often look back and feel I "should" have done it sooner, but perhaps it was all at the right time after all. I did better with Cassie. I still miss both of them severely and am just coming up to the 7 year anniversary of Hannah going. She was and is my soulmate. Somehow I've kept going but until Hannah and I are together again, there will always be a big part of me missing. There's another part with Cassie too and I don't want to think about when Millie goes. So, yes, I too have a good idea how you're likely to be feeling.

((((hugs))))

Sod it, I've sent the link to my vet's and asked her to have a look and see how she can order it for him. If the worst that can happen is that he doesn't like the diet, then we've not lost anything.

Abigail :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Go for it Billy-as you say you will not have lost by trying :GroupHug: It's not expensive either and you administer it yourself, you just need to get a bottle from your vet to take home :wink:

If it isn't licenced in this country, your vet may have difficulty getting it, they have to follow the rules.

It might be worthwhile contacting the lady who wrote the article, because she doesn't have to follow them and maybe she has a way.

Carole, I put a post on here somewhere with the link to say it is licensed here now and there are a few vets using it including ours. Our little Jan is on it for her lymphoma. It is available to vets through Ivy Medical Chemicals which is the company that John Carter set up to research and promote it :) Any animal that has no hope elsewhere should have the chance to try it and be given the chance. I have known about it for about 16 years and I have been praying for it to be available here as it helped some of my animals to live a life that nobody else could offer them. The story of Bramble on the blog spot is about my little dog who John Carter helped so much when I was told she had only weeks to live because of a very aggressive tumour in her bladder. At the time it was available for animals but John Carter was the only person allowed to administer it because of red tape :( I was over the moon to hear that it was licensed (January this year) at last. The license was actually granted in Hungary where the project was taken after John died and thus it became available here.

Edited by Houndwoman

:partytime: :partytime:

Mal appears to be having a really good day!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

He ate his breakfast (more raw chicken cooked duck breast :D), spewed some of it back up during his walk 3/4 of an hour later, but he enthusiasticallt scraped it off the pavement with his tongue and so had it a second time :sick01: and this time it stayed down! Then my neighbour left me a cheerful note saying that he'd wolfed his lunch down - and no traces of it having been regurgitated! - and this afternoon when I came home, Mal was there to say hello, together with Kiera and Sparky :biggrin: We went out for a slow pootle, and he seemed steadier on his legs and more responsive to me, and when we came back he happily tucked into a snack of Nature's menu and some cottage cheese, while I walked Sparky and Kiera. Oh, and he had a biscuit!!!! It's been well over a week since he accepted a biscuit, but these are puppy biscuits with chicken, which definitely appears to be his favourite - together with the duck of course :)

Also, he's not lying out flat anymore, his body looks way more "together" if that makes sense, rather than him appearing to be trying to look like a furry rug. All in all, I could not be happier if I'd won the jackpot!!!!

Again, thank you all so much for your messages with wise words and support, they really mean a lot to me. You don't know half how much they are helping me to help Mal through this.

I do think that me n Mal have got kind of a "connection", if that makes sense at all - he does seem to know that he can get anything he want of me, even cuddles at 3.30AM :wub:

I've mailed Beverley re the CV247, but unfortunately the lady who offered it had already sent it to someone else. She's written me a lovely email tho, offering me the leftover supplements that she still has.

My (new) vet appears to be one in a million. I've mailed her the link this morning, and she's called me back this afternoon to say that she was gonna look into it and see how we can get hold of the stuff soonest.

Muriel, thank you so much for sharing your experiences! I will have to go in a minute to fix everyone dinner, but I will read it again once they've all been 'fed and watered'.

I am learning so much right now, I'm trying to soak it all up and remember everything that I can do to help Mal. Today however, is the most positive I have felt in over a week :biggrin:

Off to the kitchen I am .....

Well done Mal :D for hanging on in there - eating your dinners and getting your mum to do everything that you absolutely want.

It is amazing how we connect with our dogs. I did an animal communication course a good few years ago now and I regularly get "sound bites" from Barty about how he is feeling (mostly "love you mum" type stuff but regularly recently that he needs treatment for his back) and if I am away from him I can tune into what he is doing and send him my love. Chloe is very slowly starting to allow me to "talk" to her but her naturally cautious nature and past history puts a big barrier between us but we are getting there.

I have also got the feeling from Mal that he is going to be here for quite a while making you write this daily blog. Unusually for me, I have been able to tune into him this evening and could picture him relaxing. I am not terribly good at AC but every now and again I get flashes from special dogs.

Good boy Mal, it's one hell of a rollercoaster isn't it Billy :GroupHug: I found in the early days of Barney's illness I was constantly crying, either because he was down or because he'd had a good day.

I had a dream about Barney last night, I can't remember if anything happened in the dream I just know he was there - a very strong presence so I thought of Mal and wished him the strength that Barney had.

Hi again, I've checked and I do have Milk Thistle herb. If you'd like, I can either make Mal a Glycerin Tincture and send it or I could send the herb to you and you make it. It takes a couple of weeks to "brew", so go with either the tincture you have or the tablets for now. Millie is taking it in her food no problem, but she's only having a couple of drops at the mo.

Anne, how lovely that you get the words at times. So far I mainly just get feelings and "knowing", only so far had a couple of spontaneous audible experiences.

Billy, he knows almost exactly what's going through your mind, is very possibly reading it ;-) You have to go with your gut with all this - what you feel is what Mal is telling you. So, if someone suggests a specific remedy or medication and you're not happy about it, listen - that's Mal talking to you. When you feel you need to get something for him, listen and get it - again, he's telling you what he needs. Yes, it's scary flying by the seat of your pants when your dog is so sick, but that's the way to go for his sake. When Cassie was dying, I allowed a vet to talk me into meds when I knew PTS was what she needed - due to that her last 24 hours were a nightmare for her and also for me. My only excuse is that a) I didn't want to lose her and b) that I was so exhausted after 10 days without sleep that my brain had gone walkabout.

Communication is fantastic - it can really help to know what they want and how they feel. If you're willing to consider it, Catherine Walker is great www.talkinghorse.co.uk

Brilliant that he's having a good day, treasure it. I've been sending Reiki since I got Carole's earlier although I didn't have time to read and respond till now. Try to visualise him having a good day every day (even when he's not)

Anne, how lovely that you get the words at times. So far I mainly just get feelings and "knowing", only so far had a couple of spontaneous audible experiences.

Communication is fantastic - it can really help to know what they want and how they feel. If you're willing to consider it, Catherine Walker is great www.talkinghorse.co.uk

Muriel, it can be quite powerful. The first time Barty spoke to me I was talking about his awful physical problems to a friend on the phone and she asked me if I thought it was hereditary. I said that I knew nothing about his mother but that his father has sired probably gazillions of puppies and clear as daylight I heard Barty say in my head "My mother is beautiful". When I looked towards him he was staring at me with a very intense expression on his face and I just knew that I had heard correctly. I get flashes of words, pictures, thoughts and feelings now from all sorts of animals and it can be quite weird. I did a James French basic course and one day I will go back for more so that I can get better at this.

Hi again, I've checked and I do have Milk Thistle herb. If you'd like, I can either make Mal a Glycerin Tincture and send it or I could send the herb to you and you make it. It takes a couple of weeks to "brew", so go with either the tincture you have or the tablets for now. Millie is taking it in her food no problem, but she's only having a couple of drops at the mo.

Just a quick response before bed - I'd really like to take you up on your offer Muriel, thanks ever so much! :flowers: :flowers: I'll pm you our address.

Night night all :happy: :happy:

Billy - I've just been reading my herbal book and apparently you make the tincture from the seeds - I didn't know that. It's the green herb I have, so not the right thing after all, sorry. Learnt something new. Perhaps best to see if you can order it from a herbalist?

I was looking for Swedish Bitters the other week and came across this site. http://www.granaryherbs.co.uk/ Perhaps worth talking to her if you’re interested in herbs? I wonder if that would help Mal? Have a read about it and see what you feel. Aha! Found the site I wanted – this guy in Australia does herbs for dogs, I know someone who got stuff from him when her dog had cancer http://www.herbal-treatments.com/herbal_tr...s_for_dogs.html perhaps worth a chat?

I would look into Apple Cider Vinegar and see if you feel that would help – if so, it’s not drastically expensive, but you do need it with the “mother†not the supermarket stuff. I have to get it online – about a tenner a litre and Millie gets a splash in her food.

Found Chris Day - http://www.alternativevet.org/ and here’s the bit about video consults http://www.alternativevet.org/videolink.htm I know he also goes to other places every so often and a friend in North Wales saw him with her horse, so worth asking about that? As you’ll see, he uses many approaches.

If you would like me to scan the info I have about various things that can help, pm me your email addy and I'll do that for you. Various herbs and essences are possibilities. I can help with crystal essences if you'd like them. Crab Apple is good for removing toxins, you'll get that in chemist/health food shop. Again, it has a 27% brandy content, so if you're concerned about that aspect, put the drops in boiling water, let alcohol evaporate and then add to his water or food or put on a treat OR essences can be rubbed in to the body - a few drops on your hands, top of head between ears is an excellent spot, but anywhere will do fine, he may guide you to somewhere else.

Salmon oil I’d look into that. I’m not a fan of Cod Liver Oil after someone pointed out to me that the liver is of course where all the toxins are processed.

Various sites that may help….

http://www.askariel.com/pages.asp?pid=liver

http://www.dog-health-guide.org/canineliverdiseasediet.html

http://www.healthyhappydogs.com/HealLiverDisease

http://www.katberard.com/hea_immunesystem.htm

http://www.katberard.com/hea_cancer.htm

http://www.caninenaturalcures.co.uk/diet.htm

http://www.dogaware.com/

http://thepetwhisperer.com/newsletter.html

Muriel, it can be quite powerful. The first time Barty spoke to me I was talking about his awful physical problems to a friend on the phone and she asked me if I thought it was hereditary. I said that I knew nothing about his mother but that his father has sired probably gazillions of puppies and clear as daylight I heard Barty say in my head "My mother is beautiful". When I looked towards him he was staring at me with a very intense expression on his face and I just knew that I had heard correctly. I get flashes of words, pictures, thoughts and feelings now from all sorts of animals and it can be quite weird. I did a James French basic course and one day I will go back for more so that I can get better at this.

That is so lovely about his mum :) I have a friend who also did the James French course a few years ago and she too gets little flashes at times. I know someone who did it recently but haven't heard how she's doing since. As I understand it, practise, practise, practise is the way to get better. I do know I'm "getting" more nowadays but not always understanding quite what I'm getting.. I'll get there.... :wink: