UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad for you that it's over, mog, hope you are home by midnight :GroupHug:

Tough day! Have a good night's sleep and hope you feel better tomorrow.

And :GroupHug: for Spins as well. Very difficult situation.

I've tried to smooth it over with the "good" cousin who had assumed all family were invited and is v upset. As for the "bad" cousin - :angry: she turns up at family funerals, swans in as if doing us all a favour, acts as nice as pie and then is never seen or heard from again until the next funeral. I think the "good" cousin is either very naive or has a more forgiving nature than me.

I think for the sake of family peace I may have to grit my teeth and be "nice".

I've made damned sure that if I go anytime before her she's not coming to my funeral. My son and daughter know and have promised to stand against the door if necessary so she can't get in.

OK rant over. Sorry everyone.

Even Como is sick of me ranting:

IMG_3451copy.jpg

Are good cousin and bad cousin sisters? Rant all you like if it helps you get things off your chest.

Poor Como. If it wasn't for orrible Scooby I would be insisting he comes here before his poor ears are damaged. :D

Sorry you've got to work tomorrow Amy. I guess it will settle down ok after the election though?

Sorry you've got to work tomorrow Amy. I guess it will settle down ok after the election though?

Yes it should but have heard it can then go the other way and may be bored stiff. I need a happy medium!!!! I just wish Gordon Brown would call the piggin general election as Ive so far been banned from taking leave for Sept-Nov and Jan. Am not a happy bunny atm :(

:GroupHug: Barbara

Yes it should but have heard it can then go the other way and may be bored stiff. I need a happy medium!!!! I just wish Gordon Brown would call the piggin general election as Ive so far been banned from taking leave for Sept-Nov and Jan. Am not a happy bunny atm :(

That's a pain :(

We have a garden pet, a hedgehog (or two perhaps). Soooooo sweet - and when he/she snuffles, they sound like a Lab sniffing intently for food :wub: We saw one a month or so ago now though this one looked smaller to me but perhaps it was more puffed up last time.

I'm going to bed shortly so that I can watch the whole of Medium in bed without having to take dogs out for last wees, miss the start, get scared, end up transfixed to the downstairs tv etc. which is what usually happens :rolleyes: :laugh:

RMF I say arse rabbits, cos I hate business speak and at my last job they said I had business tourettes cos my boss asked me what SMART meant and I said smeg mushrooms arse rabbits tits and arse rabbits stuck :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Random Proud Mummy Moment

Charis rang me at work today to say she had passed her driving test...............I didnt even know she was taking it.............she kept it quiet as she was nervous..................woohoo i have a child that can drive me anywhere :biggrin:

Congratulations :flowers:

On way home from funeral at last, been a very long painful day and dragging it out doesn't even begin to explain it. Worse still it was very born again Christian - not meaning to offend anyone but personally I think preaching about conversion at a funeral is just out of order! Anyway, home by midnight I hope....

:GroupHug:

I have to go into work tomorrow for 8am :( Im starting to seriously regret changing jobs.

:GroupHug:

Even Como is sick of me ranting:

IMG_3451copy.jpg

Sorry you're still having a rubbish time. Lovely pic though :flowers:

Morning :tired: Twas boiling last night but luckily I'd changed the beddiing and swapped the duvet over to my 4.5 tog one, so I was nice and cool.

Barbara - I'm sorry you're having to go through all this hassle on top of everything else :GroupHug:

To anyone else who needs one :GroupHug:

Marge - Wot you doing up so early, did you wet the bed? :unsure: :D

Edited by merledogs

Marge - Wot you doing up so early, did you wet the bed? :unsure: :D

:laugh: A combination of things, I have an appointment at the hairdresser's for 8am so didn't want to oversleep. It's also Spike's birthday, which I am quite happy about and then Spike did his little bark this morning. I got up thinking it was 6ish as that's his usual time, but it was way twirlier :wacko: thought I might as well start his birthday thread. :wub:

Edited by houndzrus

Morning :flowers: the sun is out shining, so i thought i would be good and do my housework early so i can enjoy the rest of the day as i'm in work for long shifts the next 3 days. Ange we also have a pet hedgehog in our garden living under the decking, so sweet, and rather fat, so i don't know if maybe it's a mom to be.

:GroupHug: for all in need.

It's gonna be a scorcher here too.

Ruby decided to move my bedroom furniture round yesterday after the re-decorating was completed. We all (me, George and Archie) were very confused when we went to bed as it wasn't in the usual place. Both boys spent hours jumping on and off my bed, George scratted his mattress round to where it used to be but without much luck because there wasn't the space to accommodate it. He then came and stood by the bed with his head on my mattress and said "muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum, can you sort my bed out for me" so I got out, put it all right only for him to move it again - four times!

Every time George settled down Archie had to go and see where he was and was he OK which resulted in him waking George and me up and starting up the whole process of settling down. I gave up at 6.00 this morning and got up.

On way home from funeral at last, been a very long painful day and dragging it out doesn't even begin to explain it. Worse still it was very born again Christian - not meaning to offend anyone but personally I think preaching about conversion at a funeral is just out of order! Anyway, home by midnight I hope....

I agree , to me a funeral is a time to think about the person who has died , to say goodbye and let out feelings of grief etc

Mark and I once when to a funeral of a man we had worked with for years, at his funeral this mans best friend stood up to talk and started going on about how they were both Fremasons and how important it was to them both and that his deceased pal would have been something rather big in the masons the following year

now a lot of the people attending would have been Freemasons ( railways used to have whole lodges ) and a lot of Freemasons are more open now than they were but on the whole most of them choose to keep their membership private ( as they are meant too ) and none of us knew this guy was a Mason so clearly it was not a subject he wanted his non Masonic friends or work mates to know about

I hope you are feeling a little better this morning and I am sorry for your loss :GroupHug: