UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

I have learned some things about my house from Jane. It was standing empty for over a year when I moved in, so was unheated and unaired all last winter as well as through a wet summer. No wonder it was on the damp side. It's a former council house built in the 1950s, and what is now a small dining room next to the kitchen used to be the coalhouse which is why it has a door to the outside, a concrete floor and small high windows.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the hamster palace. That should sweeten the little thing's mood. Strawberry, the quick-tempered Syrian hammy I had a few years ago, improved no end in a big rotastak setup with plenty of room to hide when she felt like it. She eventually became quite sociable :wub: Rotastaks are a pain to clean though.

I will log off now as all the keys are sticking on the laptop. Away to find my de-gunking spray.

So glad the little hamster is safe - shocking that a school had such a small cage though :( Not setting a great example are they. The new cage looks great :) I "rescued" a pair of chipmunks years ago - they came in a teeny rat cage - nothing like the nice big ones you see here. I paid to have an outside aviary built for them - I worked out it was about 50 times the size of their original cage! It was lovely to see them exploring the new place after it was made. We didn't get to have them for too long sadly but I'm sure their lives were much improved with all the space.

Blimey Lesley, post pics like that and you'll have a queue of Fugee's having useful things needing Pete to sort out for them :laugh: :laugh:

I was just thinking Lesley could hire him out to raise funds for TF :) Though we have our very own UP who is utterly fab :)

He's not my type so I'm happy to step back incase I get a whack in the face from a flying handbag. :rolleyes:

Wendy/Wiggle thanks ever so much for the card. :flowers:

The boys have all been playing together today. Yes you read that right. Playing together. Scooby has gone really noisy and keeps growling/barking at them but he's playing now. He jumps all over Bracken so we need to fine tune that one. Bracken won't tell him off and thinks it's great. Lots of play bowing going on too. :wub: I have taught him not to grab the kong out of their mouths.

Edited by Jacobean

*gulp* if you live with Wispa that means no cats cos she hassles them if she thinks no one is looking.

You say that like it's a bad thing to live with no cats :glare: :rolleyes:

ah yes but you do get a turn of Pete !!!

And being Phebe just looks more and more enticing......

Hands off Useful Pete, you lot, he's booked to box in some pipework at the owlery first and put new steering arm bushes on the Heart of Gold. Qualified mechanic as well, this fella.

As does Useful Pete :devil: This Useful Pete business is a novelty, I've only ever known a Useless Pete :glare:

I have learned some things about my house from Jane. It was standing empty for over a year when I moved in, so was unheated and unaired all last winter as well as through a wet summer. No wonder it was on the damp side. It's a former council house built in the 1950s, and what is now a small dining room next to the kitchen used to be the coalhouse which is why it has a door to the outside, a concrete floor and small high windows.

I just don't understand why it was empty for so long, Phebe :unsure: It's a gorgeous house :wub: :wub:

My distructions are printed. That's me sorted for tomorrow then :biggrin: