UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

Cheryl - stop giving in to emotional blackmail. Go on eBay and buy a cheap second hand sofa bed or else get one of those blow up beds, then shove that in the spare room and tell your mother she can sleep in there or else use a hotel and if she doesn't like it, tough :angry:

I totally agree - your home, you decide who gets to stay in it and where they sleep. If they don't like it they can go elsewhere.

Some members of my family used to try that emotional blackmail stuff but at some point you have to get tough or you can't call your life your own.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheryl - stop giving in to emotional blackmail. Go on eBay and buy a cheap second hand sofa bed or else get one of those blow up beds, then shove that in the spare room and tell your mother she can sleep in there or else use a hotel and if she doesn't like it, tough :angry:

I agree. :flowers: I have 4 grown-up kids and I'd never do that to them; after a lifetime spent with a bossy mother myself, I like to give myself (and them) some space.

Don't let her do it to you, or it will never stop, believe me. You have offered her a hotel room - she should be grateful.

OMG Melps dishwashes her dogs

Can see the headlines now.....

Refuge Mod in mucky mutt scandal

or

Dirty Dog Dennis in Dishwasher Hell

:laugh:

:biglaugh:

Dee :biglaugh: thank you that was brilliant.

Laura :GroupHug:

Off to spend the GDP of a small country on Christmas things :wacko:

Accidentally clicked on Sarah's transport thread here http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.p...c=44410&hl= (accidentally as it's miles from me so no point my even looking) and am :axehead: :grrr: at people who would expect 2 declawed (ie, disabled) cats to be able to hack it as normal indoor/outdoor cats, and then decide to offload them when they express themselves unhappy, as cats will. These cats have NO FINGERS, poor little sods, no wonder they aren't ready for life outdoors. Some people do not deserve cats.

Unfortunately these cats came from the USA where declawing is very common. These boys don't know any different now so aren't disabled just can't defend themselves and have lived for years as very happy indoor cats. Unfortunately the family I rehomed them to won't listen to our advice and speak to everyone except BCR. So now want them to be rehomed due to problems with one of them marking in the house since going out. :mecry:

Hello :)

I had my works do last night :D it was very nice, I am not at work today as I am having my Christmas *privilage* day :biggrin: We had a meal down at Brighton Marina, the food was very nice - such a shame they had to spoil it by trying to rip us off with the bill :mad: The bill went from £500 odd down to £330 :ohmy: Strangely enough none of us will ever recommend that restaurant to people we know :mellow:

Haven't kept up much lately, so please have :flowers: :biggrin: :GroupHug: :wub: as necessary.

:GroupHug: Laura & Cheryl

The magazine has been sent to the printers.... now all I have to do is wait and pray the bloody thing prints correctly and the printer has no issues with it that I need to sort out - as sods law would have it not 2 mins AFTER I hit send and it went to the printer my phone rang, it was one of our parishioners who is a rather well known film director who had written a piece for the mag and decided he didn't like it and wondered if I could change it for him - thankfully I hadn't liked it either and already had :laugh: :laugh:

Please please think "print properly" thoughts for the next few hours - this is our inaugural edition and it's the culmination of 2 months hair tearing, hard swearing, teddy throwing work for me so if it all goes well I shall be a very happy and relieved snowball fluffymuffin.

RMF 1 : I have just found out that one of our suppliers has died :( He was a truly lovely man who had just recently found out that his (very much adored) wife has a very serious illness. Sleep tight with the angels Duncan, you will be sorely missed :wub: :(

RMF 2 : A big parcel turned up at work addressed to me. When I opened it, there was a note in which said : "Ho ho ho. Secret Santa looked in his sack. There was one present left with no name on it!! What was he to do? Then he had a thought. Who is the bravest, most deserving boy, who has been good all year. To Max, lots of love, SS xxx". It has made me leak in the office. No idea who it's from but thank you so much :mecry:

Morning

Cheryl that's awful. Tell them to go and take a running jump. If you haven't the room you haven't the room. You've gone to the trouble of booking a hotel room in a great hotel. How ungrateful. :GroupHug:

Laura that's terrible :GroupHug:

I took Martyn to work this morning cos he's got his Xmas meal. He'll probably go for a drink afterwards so I'll have to go get him. My powers of concentration were better than they have been for over a year. I've shoved another ad on Gumtree and will put something in Friday Ads.

Hope Pixie is better soon Peachy. :GroupHug:

Hope Spike improves over the weekend and the vet visit goes well. :GroupHug:

Not having a very good day so I haven't read very far back so apologies if I have missed anything important.I went to see a friend yesterday and am totally exhausted today.

Cheryl you need to stand up to them. Get a blow up/fold up bed (they always come in useful anyway) and tell her that she can sleep there or in the garden. Just the two choices. :flowers:

I am finding Rosie baffling!! :wacko: Her cough seems to have gone,shortest case of kennel cough ever, but she is very "flat" today whereas she was high and happy yesterday. I wonder if she is just a moody dog? She refused her favourite sausage this morning but gobbled up a slice of toast that hubby dropped on the floor. She is a strange old girl !!

Its a lovely sunny day here, not cold at all. It really doesn't look or feel nearly xmas.Even tho I have had my money I can't seem to get into the xmas spirit so all the family are getting money in their cards instead of presents. Do you think that is awful?

Good luck Jazz, thinking of you mate. :flowers:

:flowers: or :GroupHug: to anyone who needs one x

What a lovely thing to do for Max :wub:

I dunno what's happened to the spirit of Christmas around here. In town earler there was an elderly woman, obviously wobbly on her legs, trying to cross a cobbled side street with her shopping trolley. Hordes of people were going the same way as her but carefully pretending they couldn't see her :(

I turned back and gave her a hand over the side street, then the next two until she was safely on some flat pavement and said she could manage. The poor woman had vertigo and was trying to do the shopping alone as her husband is waiting for a hip replacement and can't walk. I then had to run back up the hill like the wind to narrowly avoid a parking ticket, and I'm a big fat bird :laugh: When did we get to be such an uncaring society :unsure:

Poor Bengal boys, I hope they find a home soon. I've had a peek in their thread, they are very gorgeous lads :wub:

Cher, can you take it easy today and just rest up? :GroupHug: I'm sure the family will understand about presents and won't want you to make yourself ill.