UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

:mecry: I was told today that a dog walking friend died on Monday.She had been suffering from cancer but not expected to die so soon.She was only 61 and a lovely lady with lots of little rescue dogs,life is so cruel. :(

On the plus side her best friend is having all the dogs,as they know her and her dogs really well.So at least they will not be shoved around.

RIP Nicola :wub:

I got a text about this lady last night from my friend Bruce. I've talked to her on the phone once or twice but never met her. Bruce knew her much better, and he adopted his lovely lurcher Shula from her. The funeral is at Llanelli on Wednesday and he is going. I wish I could go with him for moral support as he is very upset, but I can't leave OH.

:GroupHug: to all with migraines and other nedaches. Must be the atmospheric pressure or summat.

Yantan, that is very sad about the man and his dog :mecry:

Things here are not brill. Polly and I have been at home all day looking after poorly human, ably assisted by a luffly nursey. Poorly hamster is being looked after by his bro who is cuddled up with him. They have both eaten some bits of apple. Fenella rabbit says we are all very boring and she hasn't had enough attention.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Natalie, i used to suffer something similar and found out (after the delights of a camera down my throat) that i simply produce too much acid. I found a change in diet and a wonder drug called Lansoprazole (sp) worked wonders. Its not a total cure all but it helps ease the pain and with some thought about what you are eating its much more managable :)

thanks for the info. will mention when I see the doctor tomorrow

has your doctor tested you for H. Pylori? I suffered with something similar for months and have just got a diagnosis. :flowers:

no he hasn't - well he pushed and poked my stomach and said oh yes you have acid indigestion ... and then took some blood, the results of which came back to say I had inflamation of the stomach lining. I was on antibiotics for this but don't feel any better. The other medication I am currently on is Omeprazole - gastro resistant pills.

I still have another 5 weeks worth to take and was going to wait until I finished them, but they clearly aren't doing the job

I suspect I have IBS or even a stomach ulcer .... but thats just a guess.

off out now to walk Lady again

Things here are not brill. Polly and I have been at home all day looking after poorly human, ably assisted by a luffly nursey. Poorly hamster is being looked after by his bro who is cuddled up with him. They have both eaten some bits of apple. Fenella rabbit says we are all very boring and she hasn't had enough attention.

Make sure you look after you too :GroupHug:

:wavey: Ello Kaffee.

Lets see Andrea :)

gempony024.jpg

No wonder Bojangles was growling. Someone was eating his dinner

:laugh: :laugh:

1-5.jpg

:

Can I have some of that please? :)

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Natalie, vonnie, julesB, Wendy and Elaine and anyone I forgot :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I have had a fight with the climbing frame in the garden :wacko: I think it won but I broke its leg :biggrin:

I do not like my new neighbours. They have been out swearing at the kids for bouncing a ball. Why oh why did they buy a house in the middle of a Barratt estate of 4 bed houses if they don't like the sound of kids playing?! :unsure: Here wouldbe the last place that I would live if I had no kids :unsure:

Hello you twoooo!!

Natalie34 - I'm on lansoprazole, can also recommend it hugely. Mucho sympathy for undiagnosed tummy issues as that's what I've been in hospital with (I had some form of horrendous infection). Gastritis showed up on endoscopy but that's not the cause of the pain. Very sore under my ribs on the right (which says gall bladder) but still waiting on tests 5-6 weeks on.

Think a lot of it's stress related (although I did have an infection somewhere at the beginning), long story short we're having to move as an urgent thing as soon as my exams are over, I hope I can get better then. Think the move alone could tip me over though haha!

thanks for the info. will mention when I see the doctor tomorrow

no he hasn't - well he pushed and poked my stomach and said oh yes you have acid indigestion ... and then took some blood, the results of which came back to say I had inflamation of the stomach lining. I was on antibiotics for this but don't feel any better. The other medication I am currently on is Omeprazole - gastro resistant pills.

I still have another 5 weeks worth to take and was going to wait until I finished them, but they clearly aren't doing the job

I suspect I have IBS or even a stomach ulcer .... but thats just a guess.

I'm on the Omeprazole too, once this treatment for H Pylori is finished, I might be able to give it up. I really had to push my doctor, and it wasn't until it got really bad he took notice. No harm in pushing for the test. good luck :flowers:

gempony024.jpg

sonny.jpg

This is what my dogs are having for tea .... 3 lbs of mince, cauliflower, sprouts, organic beetroot, apples, carrots, swede, peas, garlic, stock and kelp, added to which will be some brown rice.

1-5.jpg

What am I having? Frozen pizza :rolleyes:

Lovely pictures, Alex Spike and Cherry would like to come for dinner some time :D

Lots of :GroupHug: for fugees who are ill, or feeling unhappy today. :flowers:

Hmmm. I have a dilemma.

My car was on a PCP finance deal and I handed it back to the finance company earlier this year, and it went to be sold at auction by them. I've just had a phone message from a strange bloke who says he's bought the car, and wonders if I've still got the luggage cover for the boot, or whether I never had one, or it got lost in the sale process somewhere, because he'd like it if I've got it.

I do have it actually (forgot to put it back in the car as I never used it), but it weighs a ton and would be expensive to post to France (that's where he was calling from so I guess that's where he lives). Shall I fib, on the grounds that I genuinely forgot about it when the company came to collect the car and it wasn't on their list of things to check, and it'll be expensive to post, and I'm a bit concerned about where he got my home phone number from anyway :unsure: Or shall I do the decent thing cos I like to do a good turn where I can and I don't like telling porkies on the grounds it's bad for my soul? Ho hum.

I am home and I'm a mess :mecry: . What's worse is that I don't know why :wacko: I lurch between bawling and wanting to rage at everything and anything.

I need to eat something. I think I'll do boiled eggs and toastie soldiers (if the bread's not mouldy). Mainly because I can't be arsed doing anything else.

Elaine :GroupHug: Keep coming on here and twine to us, you are amongst friends even if, like me, they find it hard to put their support into words we can at least send you cyber hugs (even if you don't like them!)

My next door but one neighbour works at the vets so I am going to ask her if the man with the Goldie turned up there today and if so what happened. I can't stop thinking about them. I blubbed all round the wood after meeting them this morning :mecry:

A bit of a nicer story:

Ruby was on her way home from work yesterday when she came across a cyclist all clad in lycra standing in the middle of the A66 (very busy road) flagging all the cars down to a stop. She was just wondering what the bloody hell was going on when she saw the reason for his antics. Mummy duck and about 12 ducklings were crossing and the luffley cyclist was making sure they did so safely. Everyone in their cars were beaming when the family made it to the other side and not a sound of a horn or two fingers salute from anyone :biggrin: