UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

:mecry: I was told today that a dog walking friend died on Monday.She had been suffering from cancer but not expected to die so soon.She was only 61 and a lovely lady with lots of little rescue dogs,life is so cruel. :(

On the plus side her best friend is having all the dogs,as they know her and her dogs really well.So at least they will not be shoved around.

RIP Nicola :wub:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should not be here, I have a hair appointment in 15 minutes, I have packing to do, I have to go to Sainsburys and buy stuff for my mum, things she can't get in France. I have to walk Indy, everytime I've tried so far the heavens have opened and he doesn't do rain. I have an aural migraine. We are leaving at 5am tomorrow. I have to make a picnic for the journey, one for humans and one for dogs. I am sure I am going to forget something important. Bertie was sick outside the front door when we came back from our walk. I think that's my winge over.

can anyone help me put together a brief email to my HR manager to ask if there any other jobs coming up over the next few months in the company cos i am fricking bored and hate my job? :rolleyes:

The one and only time I did that I was made redundant......although it wasn't just the *chat with HR* that instigated that.....

Is there any chance you can look for a mentor within your company? or do *shadowing* of other areas? or find a nice *over worked* person who will allow you to take some interesting stuff for you? or use the time to *upskill* with training courses, free CBT stuff??

What is it that you do??

i work for a company that do point of sale stands and stuff for other companies. the contract i work on it for the biggest tobacco company in the uk. we have a team of enginers around the country who go and service and repair cigarette gantries. There are 4 of us doing the same job and not enough work for us all to do. We have no way of differing or expanding or changing our roles, there is no progression and no courses for us to do.

Do you think its wise to ask if there any other opportunities coming up? or should I jsut stay put and look for another job as I have been?

RMF my mum is trying to guilt trip me into not gettign a dog :(

My Mum did that, they all do. I already had 1 dobie, 2 GSDs all rescues when I was expecting Amelia. She tried to convince me she wanted me to get rid of them all before I gave birth. :rolleyes:

She also said to Dad to get rid of their 2. :rolleyes: Did it happen?? No way in hell.

Once Meelie was 3 I had my Max. Once Meelie started to crawl I was watching carefully. She would hold on to Rebel (Rescue GSD to get on her feet.) :wub:

cause she is allergic to dogs

Then explain it is your house hun :flowers:

Havent you got a porch she can sit in

My point exactly.

My Dad suffers from hayfever terribly and yes my dogs don't help when he comes here. He had GSDs of his own, worst in the world to aggravate that. :ohmy: But Dad deals with it. I try to make sure when he comes that there is no "fluff" around etc. But I am 42 years old. I will do as I want now. You need to do the same hun.

I am sure the "right" doglet will come up for you. :flowers:

Sorry to ramble, but you are adult ok. If you pay your mortgage etc it is your home hun. :flowers:

I wouldn't speak to HR unless you don't have a line manager. Who do you report to? Have you got a manager? You could have a word with them and say you enjoy working for the company and are pleased it's working out so well. You are considering your future and would like to develop your career with them. Would there be an opportunity for you to grow with the company in the next couple of years. See what they say. You can now put the sick bucket away. :laugh:

Natalie go back to the doctors. If the treatment isn't working you could have an incorrect diagnosis. Or there may be another treatment that may well work. Don't suffer. The sooner you get yourself looked at the sooner you will have pain relief and feel better. :GroupHug:

The sun has come out. I'm well in with Scooby today. He keeps kissing me. :wub: