UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sad News From Melp

ClazUK

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou all.

I've literally only ben home half an hour [nightmare train journey].

I had absolutely no idea this was going to happen. Trev feels terrible that he made a decison without me, and of course I feel awful because I wasn't here with her. Amber depended on me and had always been slightly nervous with Trev [with men generally] though he says she laid with her head on his knee thoughout and slipped away very quickly and peacefully.

This is all such a shock. I knew the sudden weight loss wasn't normal obviously but the lump, which we'd been told was a hernia, was in fact and ulcerated tumour. The bit we could see, which was about the size of half an egg was just the tip of it. Her lungs and chest were according to the vet "riddled". We didn't test for malignancy because there was no point. A mass that size just couldn't be removed and was putting pressure on her major organs.

It was a pleasure to be owned and loved by Amber and a priveledge to have been allowed to care for her. Taking the poorly manky oldies and turning them into happy healthy much loved dogs is what we seem to do best and I hope we did it right for Amber.

Run free Amber, find Sidney and Cisco and have a ball :wub: :mecry:

[Tiks, thankyou for remembering the cricket buffet! :laugh: ]