UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sad News From Melp

ClazUK

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who didn't know Ambers story, she was brought into WAW in a horrific way. My guess at events were she'd been shut in a shed and left to die. She was emaciated, and had pressure sores that had become infected with the urine and faeces she'd had to sleep in. I can't think of any other way she could have ended up like this:

warr2gif.gif

She spent a week at WAW on antibiotics and then came to White Lodge. I met Alicia & Ray at Donnington Park Services and was shocked at how weak this little bundle of bones was. I took her straight to my vet and had to carry her in. Everyone in the waiting room gasped and I felt I had to explain she'd just been rescued, I felt so guilty than anyone could do this to a dog. The vet cancelled everything to see her and only gave her a 50/50 chance of survival.

warr7-1.jpg

Amber was made of stronger stuff than we'd suspected. We fed her round the clock, bathed her joints, gave her medication and within 10 days I realised that she'd manage just fine in a home environment. Mel & Trev came and took her home on (I think) 22nd April 2005.

She had a wonderful 2 1/2 years with the Pages and I will always be grateful to them for taking her in (and almost calling her Fanny :rolleyes: )

AmberGoesHome-1.jpg