UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Ooh how exciting :biggrin: Can't wait for pics they look a lovely breed.

Don't think he is eating acorns Grace, but he is a terrible hedge dweller I was worried he might be eating something that wasn't agreeing with him but vet thinks unlikely :flowers:

Isn't this weather crazy, I can't ever remember clipping in September and then turning out without rugs :wacko:

Ooh how exciting :biggrin: Can't wait for pics they look a lovely breed.

Don't think he is eating acorns Grace, but he is a terrible hedge dweller I was worried he might be eating something that wasn't agreeing with him but vet thinks unlikely :flowers:

Isn't this weather crazy, I can't ever remember clipping in September and then turning out without rugs :wacko:

My friends horse had Privit (sp) Poisoning and it took almost a year to discover what it was.. Im always extra sensitive now....and at this time of year all kinds of berrys and nuts are out... you may have to check his poo .... swish it out in a bowl of water see if there is anying in it...:wacko:

Here's Donny, I haven't managed to change his name so he's just Donny! He arrived this morning and we took him for a short drive late on, he was more than a bit naughty at first and stood up a couple of times. It's very important to stop this sort of thing straight off so he got batted on the bum with the rein end and told to damn well stand, which he did. Off up the road where he tried to go at his usual mad speed and was politely asked not to, he was a very good boy and came back to half the speed of light very easily. He is a town centre pony so our trees and road puddles took him a bit by surprise but he just keeked but went on fine.

I'm having to use the language he is used to at the moment, namely gerron and owd up but I'll improve his vocabulary as time goes on. As he was more than a bit hot he had a shower and went to bed in a huge mound of fluffy shavings which he was just delighted with and promptly rolled and rolled, got up and started guzzling his haynet, very settled and happy! He's super, I'm really pleased with him.

DSCN0313.jpg