UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Loki is looking good in the pic Clare :wub: He's so sparkly clean too!!

I did try and get a picture of Blue's bling, but the camera on my phone is rubbish at taking night shots, even with him stood below the yard floodlight all you could see on the pic was a row of bling hovering in mid air :rolleyes: :laugh:

Golly, Milo's nekkid! :biggrin: Doesn't he just look gorgeous!

Nice to see you back on board Loki Clare!

I had a table at the local tack sale today and made £185.50, now how good is that? I even sold my canary yellow breeches! I was going to sell Wanda's cross country boots as she is not into that sort of high energy stuff but when I got them out of the bags they were covered in mud, she's only worn them once and that was THREE YEARS AGO! What a slob I am!

He's a handsome chappy isnt he. I know, the black is bizarre - maybe he was brown because we clipped him in March. I prefer him black :laugh:

Well done PW thats amazing! If the XC boots are still OK id be interested, even just for something to turn him out in. At the moment hes just wearing brushing boots but could do with that bit extra.

I have a question for you all about what I should do with feed. As you may remember I moved him onto Mollichaff calmer because it contains fibre nuts and is a complete feed when fed at the correct levels, which were quite a lot. I got away with it at my last place because the grazing was naff but now Milo is on really good grazing and coming in at night with hay im going to have to cut his feed down which means it wont be 'complete' any more. He's normally out from 7-8am to anywhere betweem 3-6pm depending on the day. At night they have hay in a hay feeder, at the moment im giving him 3 'slices'. His weight is normally around 550kg (according to weight tape) and I think he looks OK at the moment. Im thinking about 2 options - cutting his normal food down and feeding something like NAF General Purpose Supplement, or just feeding him a balancer instead. What would you guys do?

In my opinion, it would be more cost effective to feed a balancer, instead of cutting his usual food down and giving him a supplement. Blue is fed happy hoof and lo cal, and seems to be doing really well on it. He is still quite well covered, but now he is coming in at night, he should lose it as once his hay has gone there is nothing to keep eating. :flowers:

Just bought some happy hoof today and it was £10.45 from decathlon. Had a nice day at the farm today, as the postman is quite yummy, and one of the girls could access his Facebook accout with some quite nice pictures on, so we had a giggly girly afternoon looking at those :rolleyes: :laugh:

Sounds a good afternoon Gooster :laugh:

I have rashly sent an entry off for dressage next weekend :wacko: A bit bold as it is, but its indoors and he has never been in a proper indoor school, which is very remiss of me but he is such a spooky so and so I know he won't like it so have avoided them. But as we have done nothing all summer felt like getting out, this time next week I may have changed my mind on that :dry:

I might be in for an exciting time this weekend, thinking of jumping him first time since May, could be entertaining OH has already said he will bring the camera :laugh:

Where is EAD, we haven't had a update for ages :huh:

You may find he spooks less in an indoor school as there should be less for him to nosy at, whereas in an outdoor, he will have other horses going past, cars etc. Blue is usually better in an indoor than outdoor.

I have just entered dressage for next weekend too, riding 2 tests this time p1 and p14. Will be against my instructor on her 17.3 'baby' horse in p14, so could be interesting!!

You could be right there Gooster but if he can hear things but not see them he does fret, also when I watched your video there were tons of shadows through the slats in the arena, if we have that it will end up looking more like a showjumping round :laugh:

I don't know how people manage to do two tests, the relief of getting one over with is so great for me I couldn't face going back in for another, not to mention remembering two tests :wacko:

Hope Milo is feeling better after his chiro visit :flowers:

I'm looking for a jumping saddle if anyone hears of any for sale :cool:

Wanda had her review yesterday, I was at work so it was left in Sam's capable hands. I know the Woo has been feeling a bit well of late, sideways canter in the middle of the road and massive spooking at nothing and her usual 'eeeeek, a gate' stuff, cue massive sideways leap as she has never seen a gate before in her life!

Apparently she put on quite a show for the vet, last time he saw her she was totally dead, yesterday was bucks and leaps in the in hand trot up and the lunging was more like kite flying with even more massive bucks. She also included her fiendish head wag and her stylish mid air cow kick! Wandy Woo does like to strut her stuff! :biggrin: