UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

We have a similar situation on the yard but no where near as bad, horse is just too immature.

Sam has a three year old and he's done about 4 sessions of double lining. He leads, rugs and has his feet done, next year he will go further but it will all be very carefully and slowly done. Obe is 11 but because of his huge health issues he's more like a 4 year old and is being treated as such.

Wanda is being a bit of a pratt, mega spooks at nothig and wild over reactions to nothing,she's obviously feeling a bit good again. I was going to take a photo of Banner's clip but she is so muddy she looks awful. I washed her tail today but couldn't do much about the rest of her, Lilli is pretty much the same condition so I'm glad to have them in at night. At least they get a chance to dry off and get out of the mud. Donny driving pony has been having a few issues, he's petrified of cows, we had a rear and spin the other day, it was a bit eeeeeeeek!

He had the dentist yesterday, poor chap had an awful mouth, hooks and sharp edges in abundance and a mouthful of ulcers to boot. Vet didn't think he had ever been done and was a bit horrified at the state of his mouth. He was very good, she didn't have to sedate and the teeth came down really well so he should be a lot more comfortable. I had to walk him to another yard for the visit and he was so sweet, he checked out everything and stared in amazement at the views and some sheep. I let him look at everything he wanted and he settled down and was so relaxed, he is going to do some ride and lead work with Wanda to help him settle down and become more confident!

Clare, I think you have the start of winter blues, it's hit a lot of us at the yard, I think the awful weather is to blame for it. If we could have some nice dry stuff, even if it was cold and frosty it does make life easier. I'm sick of mud and being wet through, it doesn't help that I hate coats so I'm always wet! :laugh:

:GroupHug: Clare, not trying to make light of things but we all get these down times, have to admit i was like this when Fern had colic and Bumble was still recovering from his problems. I just didnt want to go to stables and literally had to force myself but the amount of times i :mecry: on the way there was daft :rolleyes: i was just scared of what disaster lay in wait :rolleyes: When things go wrong it all goes at once doesn't it.

PW, years ago i had a horse with cow phobia, he'd literally bolt if he saw a cow. Finally had to go to extreme measures when we met a loose cow when out hacking :rolleyes: I rented a field off a farmer for a few weeks and turned the horses out , the field was next to his cows :ph34r_anim: After the inital panic and bolting around this huge field he soon settled and after a few days we never had a problem with cows again.

Yikes PW was that a rear and spin in the cart :ohmy:

Thank you for all your kind words :liebe94: I felt much better even after writing it :blush02:

I have a feeling the reason he is being so spooky and off the planet is because I have done the cardinal no no of putting him on a feed balencer without realising it :wacko: I knew it was a all round very good supplement but happened to see an ad yesterday where it said " a feed balencer and so much more". Loki can't have balencers as something in them turns him crazy, I have taken him off that and the times before he has come back to earth pretty quickly so hopefully things will go back to normal soon.

Definately going to look just for a respiratory and immunity supplement once he has calmed down.

Hope Milo feels better today :flowers: How are you finding the new yard, glad you made the move?

Loki was better again today much more focussed and communicative, so really hoping that solves that mystery, he is still coughing now and again though which is a pain as if that would go away I would feel more confident that we are back on track. Vet doesn't feel at this point he is worth looking at as he is not guaranteed to cough :rolleyes: Will see what happens over the weekend and speak to him again on Monday. Haven't spoken to him for a week he'll be wondering where I am :laugh:

NFU have paid up :partytime: :circle: :partytime: I didn't realise how much it had been worrying me, feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders, and wondering if I should keep a little back from paying off the credit card for a jumping saddle :whistle:

What a relief for you Clare, so glad things are on the up at last! What dressage clinic are you doing? My new 'friend' is the dressage person for wbrc. I was terrified when I first met her 2 weeks ago, with her 2 imported warmbloods and winning 2 national championships this year! As It happens she's the nicest lady ever and we've been out for 2 hacks together this week. She said to me this evening that milo is a quality cob and a pleasure to watch, so I was dead chuffed :D

Milo more chilled today but still got a long way to go. I'm going to school him tomorrow so will make a decision after that. Then Sunday is clip day - nobody believed he's brown underneath, they were shocked when I showed them a photo!

Everyone has been so friendly at new yard and feel very welcome and able to ask any questions etc. Milo enjoying the abundance of grass and hay, ready starting to look a bit porky!

Glad Loki and Milo are feeling better :flowers:

Great news that NFU have paid out Clare :partytime:

CP, us Imported warmblood owners aren't all scary :wink: :laugh:

Blue has decided that he is a dressage diva. Bought him a sparkly browband last week at hoys and used it on his bridle for the first time. He was absolutely fantastic, he had a bit of a tantrum when I asked him for his first canter transition and threw his head in the air, so I got to see how well his sparkly browband caught the light :rolleyes: :laugh: He was on the bit straight away and going really nicely :wub: I love my pony :wub:

It was indeed the WBRC clinic today, so lucky my instructor teaches through them too so I get a lesson £10 cheaper :biggrin: I massively recommend you get along to one if you can, im sure your new friend (ST?) will get you a slot :D She was in my section at Mattingly and I had to share the warm up with them, which made me feel very inferior :laugh:

I think I might have seen you this morning around 9.30, there was a group of horses crossing over just past that lovely bashed up car :ohmy:

Had a lovely time at the clinic, we learnt half pass today, of a fashion :laugh:

Not had pics for a while so a pic in the sunshine

P1010455.JPG

Yes I'm determined to do a clinic with tracey, will either book in for the November or December one! Could I hack there or would I need a lift?

Sarah's really nice. Milo going in with her two tomorrow morning, he'll stick out like a sore thumb lol. He's been grooming davidoff over the fence so am hoping all will go ok! Then I'm going to clip tomorrow afternoon so he's got a busy day!

Schooled today and am pleased to report he's feeling much better, I'd say a fraction stiff still but hardly noticeable.

Yes I'm determined to do a clinic with tracey, will either book in for the November or December one! Could I hack there or would I need a lift?

Sarah's really nice. Milo going in with her two tomorrow morning, he'll stick out like a sore thumb lol. He's been grooming davidoff over the fence so am hoping all will go ok! Then I'm going to clip tomorrow afternoon so he's got a busy day!

Schooled today and am pleased to report he's feeling much better, I'd say a fraction stiff still but hardly noticeable.

It wasn't me you saw Clare, I was at work then! I know the car is awful, it appeared yesterday! Well done today loki looks fab :)

Ah it was a distance away so could have been any coloured horse :laugh: If he is good on the roads you could hack there, its just left out of White Horse Lane and then next left on the corner, only 10 mins I would think :flowers:

Post clipping clean, won't last :laugh: How is Bumble doing now?

I think we need pics of Blue and his bling :biggrin: