UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Phew just catching up after my holidays, hope I don't miss anyone.

Glad they have got to the bottom of what is bothering Wanda, I know quite a few people who have had really good results with Tildren :flowers:

So sorry to hear about Arran :GroupHug: Gallop free hansome man, free of your pain now :wub:

Glad to hear Bumble is feeling better :flowers: Hope you get that stupid women sorted :mad:

Milo looks fab, what great pics :biggrin:

Very smart rug, a person can never have too many :D

I have had to clip which is a job I hate but he was very wooly so had to be done, it turned out interesting (dark stable and dark coat) but I have consoled him by telling him he won't turn up to a party and find someone with the same haircut :laugh:

Had a little schooling session tonight and he felt rather lovely :biggrin:

Edited by Clare

Aww Loki! :wub:

Am trying to hold off till he comes in for winter before I get the clippers out for Blue.

Just got my renewal for Blue's insurance. It has gone up from £55 a month to £71 a month!! Just phoned round a few insurers, both were cheaper than my renewal, and I've added my trailer onto my policy!! KBIS were £51 a month with no loss of use (because he's apparently too old at 14 to have that on :unsure: ), SEIB were £60 a month, with loss of use. The bloke at SEIB was trying to match my insurance as close as he could to my NFU policy. Will have to wait and see what all the paperwork says, and whether they need a vetting doing.

I have always gone with paying a bit more for NFU as they have always been so fab with settleing their claims and their customer service, but with my claim still outstanding since June, ok my vets haven't helped but waiting two weeks for NFU to "locate my file" and call me back just to say they are still waiting something from my vet, I think I will be looking elsewhere at next renewal :huh:

I think NFU are struggling to retain business at the moment, so you'd think any claims would be dealt with pretty quickly :unsure: :rolleyes:

Just got back from the farm, where Blue tried to protect me from one of the other horses in the field. He did his usual pull faces at them, but Saracen kicked out, resulting in Blue spinning round and knocking me over with his bum :rolleyes: :laugh:

Pictures please :biggrin:

Just got my time for the weekend - 1.06, much more civillised time! There are 24 in the class though and the judge will have been judging since 8.55, with just 15 minutes break! If we get placed I will be astonished, as I haven't ridden this week as been full of a cold and feeling pretty poorly. Am forcing myself to ride tonight, fingers crossed my nose unblocks so I can actually breathe :laugh:

Look foward to pictures :flowers:

Good luck Gooster, very civilised times :biggrin:

Not great news today, Loki seems to be back to square one :mecry: I really wasn't happy with him when I rode last night he was very aggitated in his mouth with, for him, a lot of froth and generally being a bit antsy. So today I changed his bit and put a flash strap on just to see what he would do if he couldn't open his mouth, I noticed before I even got on that his respiratory rate was high after ten minutes it was apparant he was very aggitated so we came in. Put the heart rate monitor on a bit later and it was sky high again.

Why do these things always happen on a Friday :rolleyes: I now have all weekend to stew before I can speak to my vet, I have no idea where we go from here. To me its almost like he can't breath properly with the bit in his mouth and on a contact, but can't see how that would happen. Im going to hack tomorrow and see if he is happy with that or if its nothing to do with what he is doing and its just a case of whatever is going on has returned or perhaps never gone away but the time off masked it.

Aww Loki :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Fingers crossed that he improves.

Had a difficult schooling session with Blue tonight. I did feel grotty, so not sure if he picked up on it, but he just wasn't listening or wanting to bend. I tried to work on lots of changes of bend to try and get him to soften, but to no avail. Ended up holding my inside rein really low and to the inside, with lots of inside leg aids. It really helped him in the walk, but as soon as we went to trot he went like a concrete pillar to ride again. It took ages to get him to soften, we managed it in the end, but it was really hard work :rolleyes: