UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Well done gooster, thats fantastc :flowers: Give Bluey a treat from me :biggrin: :biggrin:

We had a good day, the ride there took us 50 minutes and he behaved fantasticly all day. The first class was 2'3", he was fab, jumped everything (wall, rustics, fillers, doubles etc) but then sadly knocked the last pole. Then the jumps went up to 2'6" and we had a course change, the jumps looked huge :unsure: He was more tanky round this course but he really worked hard at getting his feet up and we went clear :biggrin: Unfortunately because I took the long route everywhere and it was a class of 30 we didnt get place BUT i am super proud of him, I was expecting at least one pole to go down in the second class but then to go clear was just brilliant.

Then we had to ride all the way home. Tired now, off for a bath :laugh:

Brilliant CP, well done, give Milo a sweetie from me too!!

Just trying to upload video onto photobucket now from my phone and it's taking agesss!!! Not helped by the fact that mum filmed me trotting around at the beginning, and then couldn't figure out how to stop filming (even though I told her which button to press), so we have about 3 minutes of her feet on film :rolleyes: :laugh: So you can stop watching once I finish the test, nothing else exciting happens!!

Watching the video, he felt like he was in more of an outline than he actually was, but TBH, now I am just glad he did everything where I asked him to. Our circles in canter were a bit small, I am blaming that on the fact that our school is a bit smaller than 20x40, so am not used to the amount of space I had to ride in today! He is now out playing with his mates in the field :wub:

Seriously well done Gooster and Blue, he deserves some play time now :wub:

And very well done CP and Milo too :wub:

Good luck Wanda for Tuesday, hope shes painfree soon :GroupHug:

Lesson on Friday was good, another different instructor. Trying a bit of leg yielding, getting them to work on the bit and a little jumping. We did the same jump a few times which gets Magic very excited so at the end it felt a little out of control with him just whizzing over the jump and quickly trying to get back to the other horses.

I do sooooo miss our usual instructor :(

I still really really really want Magic and I have also stamped my feet like a child in a tantrum :rolleyes:

Hope everything goes ok for Wanda on Tuesday and she is feeling better soon :GroupHug: :flowers:

Glad the hacking went to plan CP, sounds like another fab outing for you and Milo :biggrin: Bet you can't wait to move there now :flowers:

Loved the video Gooster Blue has come on so much and you can see there is still more to come, he had a lovely rythmn (sp :wacko: )in the trot work :flowers:

EAD I know its very sensible not to rush into things and think everything over about horse ownership but at the same time if anyone who owns a horse thought about it rationally no one would own a horse :biggrin: Sometimes its just worth giving it a go :wink:

Loki has been very full of himself last few times I have hacked him and have now introduced some trotting, lets just say i've had my hands full :laugh: I am away for a bit this week but when I get back I think I will start to introduce some gentle schooling :elefant:

Bumble is very sore again and i think i know the problem and i'm bloody angry. The woman who rents the back fields is supposed to text me if she needs vehicle access to her fields as Bumble has that bottom patch where she needs to drive through as his lammi bit but is only in that bit of a weekend.I saw her on saturday trying to drive through [no warning] so i got hold of Bumble and to my horror she says 'you dont need to do that i just put a pile of carrots down for him'. She does this each time she drives through apparently :ohmy: :mecry: Bumbles diet has to be so careful because of his lammi and carrots etc are a small one very occasionally not a pile :mecry: Whats worse is she owns horses and knows of Bumbles lammi and she looks after other peoples horses for a living. I explained hes to have no carrots etc but later she'd obviously driven back through and i'm sure he'd had carrots.Today Bumble is very footy as he was the last time he was in that bit :mecry: Me is going to lose my temper big time.

Glad everyone has been having fun this weekend though :flowers:

What a silly woman, poor little Bumble. It will be hard not have a real go at her I would think!

Arrrrgh, Tuesday may not happen, we have really high winds round here and it's supposed to get worse before it gets better, there is no way I would go out with a trailer in these conditions. The round Britian cycle race has been stopped, it should have come through a village down the road mid morning but it's not safe. We have recycle bins flying through the air because the collectors can't be bothered to but the bricks back on the top.

Banner has been very naughty, I asked a lady who has vast driving experience to do a couple of days training a week with Sam so Banner does not get left for days at a time due to my shifts. Banner pulled out every trick in the book, she just has to push the boundaries, she capriolded, leveded, bugger offed, freaked out and as each tactic was met with an ok you will circle then until you stop being silly she went for her best ever and I can't remember the name, it's the capriole but then at the height of the leap the double barrell! Apparently she was incredibly good at it but of course with a mini shet the back feet were at face height, eeek. What a naughty little pony! :laugh:

Eventually she realised she had someone who knew more that she did so she stopped being bonkers and got down to it, she pulled her tyre, had mock shafts on and not a murmur. She worked again yesterday with Sam and her OH and was a gem! I adore her, she is such fun but has a huge character for her tiny size! :wub:

Aww Banner :wub: :laugh:

:GroupHug: to Bumble, I can't believe how stupid the woman is to give him a pile of carrots :angry:

Glad Loki is feeling better :wub:

EAD, horse owning is difficult, and I would be a he'll of a lot richer if I didn't have Blue. But you do find ways around money probs. For example, I haven't set foot in a supermarket since July (or it may even be June), as I buy in bulk when special offers are on and it lasts me ages!! I would recommend keeping a diary of your every day spending, so you can tally up how much you spend on stuff you don't need!!

Just been really disciplined!! Blue's farrier advised me to get some Cornecrescene (sp????), as he has a few cracks in his feet. Also at the weekend he tore his lightweight rug and pulled a Velcro strap off his travel boot (which were knackered anyway since mice got into his tackroom and made a bed out of them!). Someone had posted on the BD forum that a local ish tack shop that closed to concentrate on their online business, was open this week with huge savings on everything. Just got back now, and all I bought were travel boots, a lightweight rug and cornecrescene :) There were loads of bargains on other rugs and numnahs and boots and other stuff. But I only bought the stuff I went for :biggrin: The rug was £28 for a weatherbeeta landa, and the boots were £17. Bargain!! The boots are a bit of a girly colour, but they were cheap so am not bothered :)

Oooo, bargains Gooster!

Well Wanda is still in horsepital! She had loads of nerve blocks, non of which improved the lameness. She is having more tomorrow, vet had to stop as Wanda was getting a bit racked off with it all and he was running out of time. I left her in a big stable with a huge amount of haylage, she was watching another horse having a swim and she seemed quite fascinated by it.

I may have her home tomorrow or Thurday, depending how it goes. I was advised to bring her headcollar home as they have a habit of getting absorbed into the system. It felt really weird to walk across the carpark carrying an empty headcollar! :unsure: