UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

What a shame that you had to sell the pod Owl :GroupHug:

Well British Gas sent a man to service our boiler this morning. It was working perfectly before he came. About a half hour ago I thought it felt rather cold in here, checked the nearest radiator - stone cold. It should have been on the timer and running by then but anyway I upped the heat. Still nothing. I've just run the hot water tap and nothing. FFS :rolleyes:

I headed out to the boiler cupboard and although I could hear the pump running I found a red light flashing. Fortunately re-setting instructions are on the inside of the hinged cover and by following them I was able to get the boiler running and we have HEAT. Lovely, lovely heat :)

sounds about right Yantan, glad you could fix it yourself, my mums friend has the british gas cover thing and she had a new boiler put in a few years back, he nearly gave her a breakdown when he said it would want replacing in the next few years... she couldn't afford it, we tried to reassuer her he was probably just trying to get her to consider a new one now. i have to agree, i would rather be too hot than too cold.

pup is going to spend the day at the vets tomorrow, i made a comment when i was getting her second jabs done that she had been aggressive...a lot more so than any other pup i have had... please note i said had, i didn't ask for advice or help about it as i am happy it is sorted (i am her 3rd home and she is 13 weeks) imagine my surprise to find noted on her record... has shown aggression at home! that has buggered up the insurance so now i have to get a letter off the vet to say she is fine and obviously he doesn't want to put his name on it without spending time with her... feckin brilliant

well the pair of us are going to be knackered tomorrow! she has a day at the vet and then in the evening we have to start puppy training.... we are going with the lady who helped me with laney, this involves 2 buses and probably hanging about in the rain, she will be getting a bronze assessment at the end of the course, i will try my very best to help her pass

Good luck griff and pup x

I never actually moved in to pod, but was camping in garage until too cold. Then we realised that mum had no bad reaction if Wispa and I lived in kitchen, separated by dog gate. And then mum kept going and stroking Wispa and had no asthma reaction. I am wondering if it varies with individual dogs. She is highly allergic to my sister's staffy, and she was to my pulis who do not shed. Wispa sheds hair like mad but does not have anything much in the way of skin flakes so it could be that. I am now sleeping in a spare bedroom, and when mum comes home I can put myself and Wispa there at night, get up early and move us to the kitchen, and hoover through before it is time for mum to get up. If that works, fine, otherwise I am back to a mattress in the kitchen. Which is quite comfy and also close to the kettle :)

Meeting with social workers and all concerned on 21st, a week tomorrow, then we will have a better idea of how to plan things and when mum is likely to come home.

Have had a relatively quiet day today, thank goodness.

Edited by owl

I am shaking so hard my teeth are chattering have managed to get myself worked up into a right state because I have a dentist appointment this morning to sort out the tooth that collapsed Xmas eve - I've had a temporary filling in since then but todays appointment is for him to try and sort it out - this means he will actually be doing dentist stuff in my mouth and of course I have been getting more and more wound up about it the closer today has got. By the end of the week if I haven't had a heart attack because of the anxiety I am putting myself under (hospital appointment on Friday which is also my mums birthday and also causing me to wibble) then these blood pressure pills will have had a right good work out.

Owl, my dad is asthmatic, i was always told he was allergic, he reacted to dogs and cats. we got a cat as a stray and he was fine so we went on and got a puppy (diez) he was a bit iffy so i bathed her regular to begin with, he was fine with her, we got laney, fine again, dakota, fine again.... if he goes to the vets and there has been a dog in before us or if we have to wait for a while in the waiting room he reacts, i have to send him to wait outside. I do hope you can get your mum sorted so she can come home

thank you for the good luck wishes, i will be very very careful what i say in future! i have never had to think about what i am saying down there and today is going to be very uncomfortable for me. can you all please pray for no rain for me from 5pm until say 9.30pm? i think thats how long it will take to get to training, do the training and back again.... thankfully i am going into hospital tomorrow afternoon so guaranteed a bit of time with my feet up!

OMG I am home!! I wish the feck I'd known today was merely a check up and chat about what to do with that tooth!!! All that wibbling and I was in and out in barely 5 mins! Mind you I very nearly kissed the dentist and hugged the nurse lol Sooo its going to be a crown but no root canal needed yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeee next appointment there will be drilling so he told me to bring an ipod or mp3 player time to wibble about that closer to the date lol

Griff I will be thinking positive thoughts for you and pup today mate :flowers:

Snow I found getting a crown fitted the least bothersome of all the dental procedures I've had so I hope the same will be true for you :flowers:

Sophie you are very near your appointment time as I write. I hope you aren't too uncomfortable with the full bladder!

I am very allergic to horses, some dogs and cats. I can't be around slobbery dogs for long as they start me wheezing, also Springers and other dogs with that kind of longer hair.I absolutely loved all our cats but life is easier without them. I no longer have a dripping nose, or a stuffed up one and my asthma attacks aren't as frequent.

Talking of breathing troubles I am at the doctors today to see what she makes of my wheeziness that my inhaler has little or no effect on and the intermittent cough. I hope I haven't become allergic to Archie! He is shedding loads of hair at the moment and no matter how many times the hoover comes out the house is covered in his black hair.

I am awaiting the arrival of the van which is coming to pick up last week's work and drop off this week's.